Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Also I have had the issue of my mbs disappearing from MDE. Yep flat gone! I asked to have one re-added at CR cl and they couldn’t do it. Ridiculous you pay for them, yet can not use them. 🤔

I did give permission to have old ones removed but ones less than a year old are gone. I’m down to 3 active. I like to match my clothes but can’t. So I use an active puck and have to move it to the band color. It’s a lot of work too.
This happened to me during 2020 and 2021. I didn't know if it was due to inactivity or what. I got very annoyed because 5 purchased LE MBs disappeared. I called the Internet Help Desk (407 939-4357‬) and clicked the option for MB linking. They still show active on the MDE profile in the system even though we can't see them on our end. I provided all the ID numbers and the rep needed to contact someone behind the scenes and boom, they popped back up. Get your colors back if you want to match!

It’s been mentioned on the thread but Citricos is using that frosted glass on their windows at the moment. Hate to say it but I didn’t really like it at all, made it feel claustrophobic and very washed out. Still same great service and meal, but it loses some ambiance, in my humble opinion. Fortunately should only be a few more months.
I read the same thing about Gasparilla!

This happened to me during 2020 and 2021. I didn't know if it was due to inactivity or what. I got very annoyed because 5 purchased LE MBs disappeared. I called the Internet Help Desk (407 939-4357‬) and clicked the option for MB linking. They still show active on the MDE profile in the system even though we can't see them on our end. I provided all the ID numbers and the rep needed to contact someone behind the scenes and boom, they popped back up. Get your colors back if you want to match!
Thank you!

It’s been mentioned on the thread but Citricos is using that frosted glass on their windows at the moment. Hate to say it but I didn’t really like it at all, made it feel claustrophobic and very washed out. Still same great service and meal, but it loses some ambiance, in my humble opinion. Fortunately should only be a few more months.
Took a pic of some of the frosted windows last night…

IMG_5410.jpeg

Sounds like it was a great trip.
I have a few questions....when renting DVC points can you request a specific room, building? I am looking at a resort studio.
Also, on the room It says "not all rooms have balconies", how common would that be not to have a balcony.
Any idea when the lobby construction will finish?
TIA
It was a great trip! :)

According to guests in a GF-specific Facebook group I'm part of, the lobby construction is allegedly going to be finished well before Christmas (so the displays and gingerbread houses can be put up), but nobody really knows. At the very least, it's expected to be ongoing through September, but of course, cast members can't say with any certainty, and it seems like those that do say something tend to contradict one another. ;)

If you're renting DVC points, you'll either be in the DVC building (if you book a deluxe studio) or Big Pine Key ("BPK")(if you book a resort studio), so there's no need to make a building request.

As for room assignments, you can make any request you want (I made one via touringplans fax, asking for a higher-floor turret resort studio with a balcony, or in the alternative, any higher-floor room with a balcony. I knew that asking for a turret room with a balcony was a longshot as there are only a few of those rooms, and we were coming in on a Tuesday, so I wasn't surprised when we didn't get one. I was still delighted with our third-floor standard resort studio, though, which had a lovely view.)

Be aware that the standard-view resort studios in BPK face the pool, many with marvelous views, although some of the lower floors have views of service areas/backsides of pool buildings. There are very few BPK resort studios that lack balconies/patio (although I believe most or all of those that don't have a balcony offer an alternative floorplan with an extra sofa/seating area, which might appeal to some guests who don't make use of a balcony).

Last edited:
Another shot of this wonderful bubbler tub (small bubbles coming from the bottom). We love seeing the monorail pass right outside our decks; at night it is almost surreal. And the master shower is pretty nice too.

314711424_10230067648302238_7354993790445354815_n.jpg

Attachments

• 314688907_10230067646862202_7879055511502162809_n.jpg
    314688907_10230067646862202_7879055511502162809_n.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 314003306_10230043807306228_9123028048013523939_n.jpg
    314003306_10230043807306228_9123028048013523939_n.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 313425585_10230017857417497_47721905680966463_n.jpg
    313425585_10230017857417497_47721905680966463_n.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 21
We stayed on Friday night. We had a Deluxe villa studio booked (older DVC room) But the lovely CM moved us to new style room on the hotel side.

Room had vaulted ceiling (will get image of partner) and an amazing view of the monorail. We watched the MNSSHP fireworks from the marina and despite the building work was a magical end to our 17 night Disney vacation.

IMG_9608 Medium.jpeg

Hi GF friends. Can anyone point me in the direction of a link for a video of the two bedroom suites (not sugar loaf) in the outer buildings? Looking for one with the refurbed rooms. Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

Hi GF friends. Can anyone point me in the direction of a link for a video of the two bedroom suites (not sugar loaf) in the outer buildings? Looking for one with the refurbed rooms. Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks!

I haven't taken any videos, but I've got more photos. I can hand on heart say that VGF 2 bedroom are just wonderful. We compared them to Riviera and, although it's a personal preference, the grounds and monorail access at VGF barely edge out Riviera 2BR villas.

I haven't taken any videos, but I've got more photos. I can hand on heart say that VGF 2 bedroom are just wonderful. We compared them to Riviera and, although it's a personal preference, the grounds and monorail access at VGF barely edge out Riviera 2BR villas.
Thanks. I was looking for a video of the two-bedroom suite (with club level access) on the resort side though. Those rooms were just redone and I can't find any videos online since the refurb. Thanks!!!

Thanks. I was looking for a video of the two-bedroom suite (with club level access) on the resort side though. Those rooms were just redone and I can't find any videos online since the refurb. Thanks!!!

We didn't have club level access, but were on DVC tower nearest the spa. Sorry, I couldn't help more.

This picture from @mrsap shows the wine glasses in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas. Question do they have them in the studios in DVC building?

2nd picture is the water glasses in the new rooms in the resort rooms and suites,

I say this because many resorts still only have paper in the rooms, I need a GLASS for my 5p wine. I was going to pack one then remembered I really liked the smoky grey glasses GF now has.

1693304705735.jpegIMG_0269.png

This picture from @mrsap shows the wine glasses in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas. Question do they have them in the studios in DVC building?

2nd picture is the water glasses in the new rooms in the resort rooms and suites,

I say this because many resorts still only have paper in the rooms, I need a GLASS for my 5p wine. I was going to pack one then remembered I really liked the smoky grey glasses GF now has.

View attachment 788977View attachment 788983
Morning! If they’re not in your room, just call down, you should be able to request them in DVC buildings! My room came with both mugs and glasses, but I requested the wine glass. Was tired of drinking out of plastic cups if I was not walking around! lol And why are you only having wine at 5:00?! 😜

Morning! If they’re not in your room, just call down, you should be able to request them in DVC buildings! My room came with both mugs and glasses, but I requested the wine glass. Was tired of drinking out of plastic cups if I was not walking around! lol And why are you only having wine at 5:00?! 😜
Oh that’s good to know !

Dollar store glasses are nice to pack if anyone stays at a resort without glass. They don’t break in a suitcase. I do bring my Halloween and Christmas ones often , I like a holiday glass. Hmm maybe I will bring one for my 2 mnsshp nights? 🎃🍷

It’s 5p somewhere ….. 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter