Disney's Imagineers and DisneySea Revealed shows on Travel Channel tonight

Those wacky, wacky Japanese... Imagine, making a beautifully executed theme park immensely popular. Lucky for Disney, Americans don't care about such details as themeing and show. Otherwise, DCA would be a ghost town....

No Yoho I don't live in America...I live in the Keys (The Conch Republic) and that should tell you a lot! My main point is the intentional wait. Disney Seas knows they could fix the situation & they don't because it's become kind of a cult thing to actually stand in a line.:confused: No lines for me Bubba!

AV, it's great to agree on something occasionally (the innovation aspect) & actually I disagree with little, if anything, you've said.

My comment about the spinners was merely to set you up (as I'm sure you realize) and true to form you gave me Dino-Rama wth both barrells...Despite the fact that I am the only person on earth that actually likes DR!

Lastly, as to Miracosta. It looked great, but not as impressve at the AKL. I've seen the hotels in Vegas & while these and certainly Miracosta are more oppulent, they don't appeal to everyone. I'd rather see a giraffe or a zebra than a Matisse or Renoir most any time...But that's just me...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

..about having only one sausage bun (gyoza) cart with a 2 hour wait...

It also could not happen here because the company that put Millionaire on 4 nights a week and a Disney store in every mall would never have only one outlet for something that seemed that popular...what they would do is open a sausage bun cart everywhere and destroy the specialness of it and kill the Gyoza that lays the golden eggs...

And to YoHo, if you look at my earlier post I specifically mention Krispy Kreme but note that people have not paid $50 admission to get in to the park to then stand in line for Krispy Kreme, they do so in their own free time...I still say that the claims that the markets are different are probably somewhat legitimate...this does not excuse the complete disregard for everything AV has said about needing to WOW your audience...Disney has been starving the themepark goose and now are left with a couple of rotten eggs (AK, DCA) (Please no flames defending AK-financially it is not a golden egg)

No flames Paul and really no "disregards" either...I specifically said that I agreed with Mr. Voice, did I not?

DCA was not thought out well this is apparant, but neither does it have no redeemable value. While not chock full-o-quality as we would prefer it does have three great rides plus a couple great 3-D clones, a great Animation bulding & soon ToT & the new Aladdin Show. It wasn't built aywhere near what it SHOULD HAVE BEEN but it will get fixed.

TDS does not need to be fixed.

As for AK since you asked me not to go there, I won't...;)

Originally posted by Another Voice

Did anyone catch the fiber optic model of the castle in the background of the interviews during the Imagineers? show? The one with all the flickering lights putting on a tremendous show? If you?re really interested in knowing what it?s for ? Tokyo Disneyland has an anniversary coming up. The same show for Orlando has been cancelled.

That was so cool! What a shame for us US visitors!

You'd never see me standing for two hours waiting for some hot dog looking thing when I paid 50 bucks to get in. !

I'll take the American way! I'll wake up at the crack of dawn 60 days before my trip and set my watch to military time and call on 3 different phones for P.S. for Cindy's table!:D :D :D

kripsy kreme example-good
star wars example-sucked

av when we gettin a ORLaNDOdisneysea or even lolol a CONEYISLANDdisneysea

It was fun just to watch and get a little Disney Fix!!! Now to watch the AK one...

Anyone catch the AK one? It was great! I think I appreciate more now what went and goes into AK daily. I also learned a lot about how Kilimanjaro Safaris works and much more. I was sad though that they had to show Dino-Rama, that was the worst part of the show. But besides that TWO THUMBS UP!! :D

Naturally we loved the AK show. The Safari truly is amazing (larger than MK!). I also don't understand why so many here (even friends) don't like the Safari 'poaching' premise. I don't think it gets 'older' any more than any other attraction vewed over and over ... and seriously 'poaching' is a big problem and Disney should be commended for at least attempting to make people aware...Also interesting to note is who's idea ITTBAB was, huh??? Oh, it was Michael Eisner's for those who missed it.

As for Dino-Rama, toefungus I'm surprised you didn't like that section. For even if you don't like DR itself I thought the imagineers did an excellent job of explaining what WAS accomplished. After all, in the long run the area may not have been something most people think Disney should have done, but they DID do it well...

I love that Disney is opening up on these shows. It indicates that they are aware of the competetion (IMO) and this can't be a bad thing...

I held off on judging Dino-Rama until I saw and experienced it for myself. They first thing that came to mind when I saw it was "What the hell is this, and what is it doing here?!" It just was so out of place in Dinoland USA. THey didn't do a bad job with the actual place, but it just didn't fit into Dinoland. Also after seeing Fliks fun Fair, I think we got shafted with Dino-Rama.

I think we should all send a thank you note to ME for coming up with the idea for Bugs Life just 8 months before the opening of the park!

BTW, I am probably being too cynical, but I noticed that in all three shows some of the shots of people riding rides included cast members on the rides. I haven't noticed this on other Travel Channel specials of other parks. Maybe the other parks are smart enough to have the riders remove their name tags before they get on the ride though.

I wish our local cable system got the Travel Channel...

Sorry Capt. sir, but it could not have been The Big ME's idea to do ITTBAB. It has been determined that he is literally incapable of doing anything good. I have it on excellent authority that, in fact, anything good done while he's been CEO has been done OVER his strenuous objections. Joe Rohde or PP must have fought to have ITTBAB done.

;-)

but it could not have been The Big ME's idea to do ITTBAB.

They said on the show, it was Eisner's idea to put a show in the Tree of Life. Eventhough he hasn't been performing that good latley, but he does have imput and tries to help out with the parks.

First, “opening” up Disney through television isn’t really anything new at all. Walt started this little TV show back in 1954 and spent an entire year hyping Disneyland before it even opened. And throughout the years he went many times behind the scenes to show new attractions and such. Watch ‘Vault Disney’ sometime for some great old episodes. In recent years they’ve tried to keep the park stuff on Disney-owned channels mostly out of greed. Maybe someone decided that free publicity is a good thing even if someone else collects the ad revenue.

As for the poaching scene – to me it just doesn’t fit the tone of the Safari. Throughout the entire ride you see REAL hippos, REAL elephants, REAL lions, REAL giraffes, REAL baboons, and then suddenly we’re thrown a FAKE elephant and plotline. It comes off like watching an episode of the ‘Crocodile Hunter’ and then sudden the Brady Bunch shows up for an all-singing, all-dancing musical finale.

People want to see and learn about the real animals. There’s no need to throw in a fictional story on top of it. The poacher plot is so underdeveloped (and pedantic) that it adds nothing to our understanding of what we’ve just seen. The time would have been better spent showing more animals.

P.S. Einser did not come up with the idea about the show in the Tree of Life. It had always been planned to be a film theater. The original film was to have been a serious, 'Circle of Life' effort. Eisner said he thought education is boring. Actually, he suggested cancelling the film to save money. WDI knew it was really stupid to open up the park without anything in its central building and the park was lite on attractions to beging with. With so little time left, WDI went around to a lot of people asking for help. Their friends at Pixar had this little idea centered around a movie they were working on....

The "Eisner thought of it" is just one more corporate lie told by people trying to keep in the good graces of the boss. There aren't a lot of poeple left at WDI these days and if you have to fib a little for a paycheck, that's okay to a lot of people.

Joe Rhode is a liar? OMG!:o

Voice, I'm not sure but I think you jut called me pedantc...Well, I guess that's ok.:eek:

I understand the complaint surrounding the little "play" but as the father of kids who have watched this, along with the somewhat disturbing movies on poaching in the que, I honestly think this simplistic approach works for the generation it is aiming.

I think it'd be hard to get adults to change their view on conservation (whatever they are) but with the kids hope that something will get through is always possible...I just think this works...

As for ITTBAB, it was actually I who suggested i!:p

You have to have some storyline for the sarafi. The poacher scene also adds more excitment to the ride. And you say that poaching is fictional. Well why don't you take a realy safari into Africa and you'll see that poaching is REAL. I forget exactly what they said about it last night, but the poaching section was put there for a reason, and to make people aware of what's really happening to wildlife in Africa.

But poaching isn't nearly the problem it used to be. it's like they couldn't think of another theme so they decided on poaching.

Thanks toefungus. Puts it in proper perspective I'd say...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter