Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in these 110 pages - but that's a lot to read through!

So we're arriving in Orlando and staying with relatives to enjoy the beach for about 4 days before we start our WDW vacation. We love using DME and feel it's part of the vacation experience when traveling to WDW so we are going to go back to the airport after staying offsite to return our rental car and utilize DME to get to the resort, however, we're confused about what happens with our luggage since we haven't done this before.

Do we have to take our luggage ourselves to the DME bus or can we hand off the luggage tagged with yellow tags somewhere in the airport to get to the resort and show up in our rooms later? One of the things we love is not having to worry about our luggage because of DME, but I don't know if we'd still get this perk if we are handling the luggage ourselves.

There's no way to have your luggage delivered if it didn't come off an airplane.

My flight is scheduled to arrive at 5am. If the flight is early, will our bags be sent to baggage claim and sit there as unclaimed until a DME employee finds them? Is it best not to tag them because of our arrival time being so early?

We're flying SW down over Labor Day weekend. My dd is starting the DCP, so will have bags full of 'stuff'!!! We'll be using the 2 free bags pp to the max, I'm sure. I just can't decide if it's better to call DME and have them send 3 more tags, or to just go to DME and give them baggage claim receipts. Looks like it's just as easy to do what you've done.

We are traveling that time as well and also only received one tag per person. My ta ordered us each another one and it was sent out within a week. Surprised it all came so quickly.

My flight is scheduled to arrive at 5am. If the flight is early, will our bags be sent to baggage claim and sit there as unclaimed until a DME employee finds them? Is it best not to tag them because of our arrival time being so early?
DME should grab them. They start working at 5am.

We are traveling that time as well and also only received one tag per person. My ta ordered us each another one and it was sent out within a week. Surprised it all came so quickly.
I'm going to call and here them send three extra tags. I haven't received my DME mailing yet, kind of surprises me. I've had my stuff get to me about 6 weeks prior to travel, for the most part.

So, this might be a really stupid question, but how do I add my flight information on My Disney Experience. Our trip starts 9/3, but I just looked at all my reservation information and I see nowhere to add flight info. I see my hotel information, my tickets, my ADR's and my FP's....

So, this might be a really stupid question, but how do I add my flight information on My Disney Experience. Our trip starts 9/3, but I just looked at all my reservation information and I see nowhere to add flight info. I see my hotel information, my tickets, my ADR's and my FP's....
You can go in and select "Change Reservation"
or
There is a link directly to ME (not in MDE). I just use Google to find it. By the way, it won't work in Chrome

There seems to be a bit of confusion about when to use the DME tags, so here's an explanation. Please read though this first post before posting a question, as it might answer your question.

What do DME luggage tags look like, and how do I get them?
DME luggage tags will come in your DME Transportation Booklet. They are yellow in color. On the tags will be a Mickey head with your resort region, your resort name, your name, and a bar code. They are very similar to airline routing tags. When attaching them to your bag, you will attatch them to the bag's handle, just like an airline routing tag.

I got some luggage tags that are blue, and have Tinker Bell. Are these the DME Luggage tags?
No. These are just souvenier luggage ID tags.

Do the DME tags replace standard ID tags?
No. You should ALWAYS tag your luggage with separate ID tags.

I want to use the DME Luggage Service. What do I do?
The first thing you'll want to do is attach your luggage tags PRIOR to checking in at your home airport. If the tags are not on your bags before they get checked by the airline, they will not be taken care of. Once the bags have been tagged, you can bypass baggage claim completely. They will show up in your room automatically.

I do NOT want to use the DME Luggage Service. What do I do?
Throw away your luggage tags. You will need to claim your bags as normal, and take them onto the motorcoach. When you get out at your resort, you will claim your bags again.

Do I need to put my luggage tags on my carry-ons?
No. Your carryons will remain with you, so they will not be handled by Disney.

Do I need to put my luggage tags on any bags that I claim from baggage claim?
No. Once you claim your bags, you will remain in control of those bags. Disney will no longer transport them.

My airline is a participating airline. Do I use the tags for my return trip home?
No. Before you leave Disney, it's a good idea to remove those yellow tags from your bag. If the bag gets misdirected by the airlines at MCO, it will most likely be recognized as a DME bag, and get sent back to the resort.

I haven't gotten my tags yet!
Never fear. You have two options. You can claim your bags like normal, or you can have Disney claim them for you as if you did have those yellow tags. Bypass baggage claim, and go straight to the Welcome Center. From there, give the Cast Member your luggage claim tickets. They will create replacement tags for you, find your bags, tag them, and send them to your resort.

My plane may arrive late. What are the hours for Disney's Magical Express.
Transportation currently runs 24/7.
Inbound luggage transfer has recently changed. There will be no automatic transfer for luggage between the hours of 10pm and 5am. Folks arriving between these hours will need to claim thier luggage prior to going to the Welcome Center, regardless of if they used the yellow tags.

is there a place on the my disney website to give them my flight information so i can do the express, or should i call them?

Do they still play a "Welcome to WDW" video inside the bus as it is moving?

My brother and SIL have signed up for DME but I will be picking them up at MCO since I have a car. They'll go to baggage claim to get their luggage. Since they didn't use DME when they arrived at MCO, can they still use it when they fly home as I won't be able to drive them back to the airport?
Thanks in advance!

My brother and SIL have signed up for DME but I will be picking them up at MCO since I have a car. They'll go to baggage claim to get their luggage. Since they didn't use DME when they arrived at MCO, can they still use it when they fly home as I won't be able to drive them back to the airport?
Thanks in advance!
Absolutely! For their arrival, they shouldn't attach the yellow DME luggage tags. Then they can claim their bags themselves at baggage claim. For their trip back to MCO, as long as they have a reservation, they will be fine. Be sure that DME has all the correct return flight info!!

Please help! I consider myself a WDW vet but I am very confused about ME for our next trip!

For the first time we are bringing my family and all staying in a DVC villa together under 1 reservation. We are flying from different airports and arriving about 1.5 hours before them. I was ok with just putting their flight information on the DME request, as I figured that DME would just pull yellow tagged bags from my flight regardless of the information matching however, we were planning on my husband heading to the resort to do RunDisney related things while I wait for my family and board the bus with them, will this work? Will my husband getting on the bus a couple hours before us mess with us being able to get on the bus later or will it be fine? Is there a way to add separate flight information for us even though we are on the same reservation (I was told no)? Please help with the best way to do this, as I have no experience and feel very confused right now.

You're fine! It doesn't matter who gets there when! Each person gets a ride to their resort...doesn't matter if the rest of the group waits to board with others. I've arrived on one day and my dd and dh several days later!! No issues. As long as each person is listed on the resort reservation, and they have an existing DME reservation, it's all good.

I just entered my information at the online link provided above. The link asks if any of your family are travelling on alternate flights and there is a link to add more than one flight.

You're fine! It doesn't matter who gets there when! Each person gets a ride to their resort...doesn't matter if the rest of the group waits to board with others. I've arrived on one day and my dd and dh several days later!! No issues. As long as each person is listed on the resort reservation, and they have an existing DME reservation, it's all good.

I just entered my information at the online link provided above. The link asks if any of your family are travelling on alternate flights and there is a link to add more than one flight.

Thank you both so much!!!! I thought I would be fine, but didn't want to add any more stress to traveling with family than is absolutely necessary! If the DVC DME request form allows for multiple flights I will add it there, and if not, I will just go with it.

Hi I apologize in advance if my question has already been addressed and answered but this thread had 111 pages and I just didn't feel up to reading them over the next 5 hours. lol. Basically I’ve used DME many times. Each time my family is issued 4 tags (one per person) but we usually take 6 sometime up to 8 suitcases between the four of us. Disney always supplies the additional tags when requested without any hassle what so ever, but I thought if I just asked for the 8 tags in advance when making the DME arrangements it would be simpler. However, I was told that I would have to first receive the 4 tags and then ask for additional if I needed them. It just seemed unusual that I couldn’t be issued the exact number of tags I would need. On each trip over the past 3 or 4 years I’ve always had to request an additional set of tags for anything over 4 suitcases. has anyone else run into this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter