Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Texting question: I asked this over on the CL board but no one seems to know the answer...Is this currently an option for people staying CL at the Poly..? TIA :flower3:

I'm going to sheepishly answer.....I don't know. :confused3 Last summer someone here on the DIS asked about Poly CL and the texting for the 4th FP+ and I replied that yes it was available. I did that because someone we knew had just returned from the Poly and it was available. I felt terrible when that person posted a couple weeks later, from the Poly, that no they did not offer it. When our friend was there they must have been doing a test because they showed me the texts from Poly CL going back and forth about the 4th FP+ after I questioned them.

Just wanted to say that sounds like a perfect first day...We have a Poly trip planned for August too..and might just follow that same itinerary!

~Texting question: I asked this over on the CL board but no one seems to know the answer...Is this currently an option for people staying CL at the Poly..? TIA :flower3:

While we are WDW veterans..it's only our 2nd Poly stay...and very first during the summer...and we are so excited about it!

:wave2: Hi Mickeynut!

Sorry my answer isn't any more current, but no FP texting for Poly CL as of this past October. I haven't seen any chatter about it being added so I'm assuming that's still the case, but you never know. Hope you have a great trip!

We just returned home from a 7 night stay at the Poly. It was a wonderful trip.
This was our first stay at this resort. We usually stay at YC, but with the construction, we thought a change might be nice.
We had a 3rd floor room in Fiji facing the marina. The location was great! We enjoyed the ease of getting to both Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
We will be back for 4 nights in June before our first Disney cruise. I can't wait.

We are hoping to get a room in Fiji, with a view of the marina (DH's wishes lol).. how did you like the room? We've never stayed there so I am very excited! :)

Me again! Guess I'm getting excited! Since I'll be traveling with a little one we will have early nights so no staying for the fireworks. Any tips on what type of room to request to be able to see them from our room? Samoa good for that? Thanks!

If I can ask, what view category did you book? Have done several trips with DS ages 3-5, Poly has been our favorite with a little one!

YAY! Finally got to the end of the thread! Like I said previously-- I've dreamed of staying at the Poly since I first went to Disney in '75 when I was 8. And every trip since then (even after we bought DVC-- Beach Club-- which all four of our kids really came to dislike, and dh too even though he insisted we buy that and not a resale at VWL) I've always looked at the Poly and sighed...if only. (I do love CR/BLT and also AKL, but the Poly is my dream). We'll be staying LV in September (so Moorea) and then moving on to BWV (youngest daughter picked BWV, youngest son picked Poly- it was a toss up between Poly and GF DVC, and since he gave up AKL to his sister for the second half of the trip, we went with his choice-- thankfully it was the same as mine!). So excited.

I haven't yet so I'm wide open!

If fireworks viewing from your room while little one is sleeping is a must, you should likely book a TPV (theme park view) room. I know it's not for everyone but we are big fans of Poly CL (either TPV or GV). We love the Hawaii longhouse location and the lounge has wonderful views of the fireworks. We really appreciate the extra "room" the lounge provides, especially if little guy needs to go to sleep early, take a nap, etc. My personal vote would be a TPV view room, either CL or non-CL. We learned early on that we didn't really like to push DS much past a regular bedtime, so being able to experience the sites/sounds of fireworks, the electrical water pageant, etc from our balcony (or the CL lounge) was well worth the money for us.

My oldest daughter had horrible problems with the pillows at Disney a few years ago. By the end of our trip, her face looked like it had a really nasty sunburn. She brings a travel pillow now whenever we stay in a hotel. In her case, I don't know if it was an allergy so much as irritation from what I assume is the bleach used to keep everything so white. The request for a deep clean is a good idea. But I might bring my own pillow on the off chance housekeeping makes a mistake at some point and doesn't provide the right linens.

Yes. Red, stiff almost burnt skin that will elevate to ***** when you keep exposing yourself to the allergen. It takes days to calm down even after one exposure. I have invested in a travel pillow and thinking of bringing pillowcases, long sleeve top and bottoms, and a scarf to lay over surfaces.

We just received our email from the Poly IPO for our Club Level Stay in August!! We are so excited that we are going to staying at the Poly for the first time!! I have been sifting thru all these posts, and finding out such great information.

Thank you (and mickeynut1). I wasn't worried about the beach, itself but the walk, not being sure where our rooms will be. I've been known to get turned around.

You're welcome! I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

When I was a child in the 80s and 90s this was the go to resort for my family. My husband and I gravitated to the Boardwalk pre kids. Now that we have a son we think we should stay at a monorail resort since we will probably spend the most time at the Magic Kingdom and want to get back for a nap in the afternoon.

Typically we aren't picky about rooms since we hardly ever spend much time there but we will now since we will have our son. Does anyone have any recommendations as to a room location/building to request or any room selection tips?

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:.

I agree with disny_luvr about Samoa. The location is great as it's just steps from the GCH, pool, Captain Cooks, and the beach :).

We love Samoa! The location can't be beat. On one side you have the feature pool and on the other is the Oasis Pool. It is also very close to the GCH and a short walk to the busses. There are no balconies on the second floor so we always request third floor. I've never stayed in Fiji but it seems a lot of people like that longhouse, too.

Enjoy your trip! I think it is a great location and you'll enjoy the ease of getting back to the Poly for naps for your son.

ETA - Welcome to the DIS! I see you just joined. Hopefully you'll find the boards helpful.

:thumbsup2

Just wanted to say that sounds like a perfect first day...We have a Poly trip planned for August too..and might just follow that same itinerary!

While we are WDW veterans..it's only our 2nd Poly stay...and very first during the summer...and we are so excited about it!

:wave2: Hi Mickeynut!

Hi Blue :wave:.....hope you have another great Poly stay :goodvibes.

We just returned home from a 7 night stay at the Poly. It was a wonderful trip.
This was our first stay at this resort. We usually stay at YC, but with the construction, we thought a change might be nice.
We had a 3rd floor room in Fiji facing the marina. The location was great! We enjoyed the ease of getting to both Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
We will be back for 4 nights in June before our first Disney cruise. I can't wait.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly. Congrats on booking another stay in June :goodvibes.

We are hoping to get a room in Fiji, with a view of the marina (DH's wishes lol).. how did you like the room? We've never stayed there so I am very excited! :)

I hope you have a great trip and get your request :wizard:.

YAY! Finally got to the end of the thread! Like I said previously-- I've dreamed of staying at the Poly since I first went to Disney in '75 when I was 8. And every trip since then (even after we bought DVC-- Beach Club-- which all four of our kids really came to dislike, and dh too even though he insisted we buy that and not a resale at VWL) I've always looked at the Poly and sighed...if only. (I do love CR/BLT and also AKL, but the Poly is my dream). We'll be staying LV in September (so Moorea) and then moving on to BWV (youngest daughter picked BWV, youngest son picked Poly- it was a toss up between Poly and GF DVC, and since he gave up AKL to his sister for the second half of the trip, we went with his choice-- thankfully it was the same as mine!). So excited.

You will love the Poly. September will be here before you know it! Enjoy the planning :D.

If fireworks viewing from your room while little one is sleeping is a must, you should likely book a TPV (theme park view) room. I know it's not for everyone but we are big fans of Poly CL (either TPV or GV). We love the Hawaii longhouse location and the lounge has wonderful views of the fireworks. We really appreciate the extra "room" the lounge provides, especially if little guy needs to go to sleep early, take a nap, etc. My personal vote would be a TPV view room, either CL or non-CL. We learned early on that we didn't really like to push DS much past a regular bedtime, so being able to experience the sites/sounds of fireworks, the electrical water pageant, etc from our balcony (or the CL lounge) was well worth the money for us.

I just wanted to say I love reading all of your great posts about Poly CL. We love the Poly and I am very excited to try CL later this year, especially after reading all of your positive CL reports :goodvibes.

We just received our email from the Poly IPO for our Club Level Stay in August!! We are so excited that we are going to staying at the Poly for the first time!! I have been sifting thru all these posts, and finding out such great information.

You will love the Poly! Glad you are finding the information you need. Happy planning :flower3:.

We are staying at the poly at the end of March with our 1 year old. We were lucky to stay at the Poly last year while I was on maternity leave for 7 nights (this will be a much different trip with a toddler lol). We have a DVC at Saratoga springs and were lucky to be staying on our points. I am really going to try to convince my husband that we should make this our home resort. Is the oasis pool opened yet??

Do you think most of the work will be done by August? We booked a Garden CL room for the first week. We typically don't spring for a view when doing CL, because we don't spend a lot of time in the room (especially when the CR and Poly lounges have great views already), but I might consider the lagoon view if the construction will be still going on then - but the price. Gah!
That view will be fine by August. The quiet pool is pretty much done now, all they are working on now are the longhouse exteriors. I haven't heard of anything more after that, but here or Tikiman's page would have the first report if something is added.

My hubby was wondering, is there anywhere in the Poly that you can get a Dole Whip with rum in it? They are having it at the F&G festival, so we are curious to know if you can get it while relaxing at the resort too. :) TIA!

My hubby was wondering, is there anywhere in the Poly that you can get a Dole Whip with rum in it? They are having it at the F&G festival, so we are curious to know if you can get it while relaxing at the resort too. :) TIA!

Maybe the Pineapple Lanai?

Yeah, unless they changed the menu from when it first opened, you can get one at the Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter