Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! We're staying at the Poly April 30-May 7th...our first time onsite! I waffled back and forth about staying in the villa vs the regular room and having two beds won me over (three kids ages 10 months, 4, and 6.)

I am only 2 months out so I can check in online. What should I choose for room requests? Is there a thread with this info?

Thank you!
:lovestruc

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay! We love Samoa as it's very centralized, IMO. It's just steps from the pool, GCH, Captain Cooks, and the beach. Have a great trip :).

We arrive on the 3rd May!!

It will be May before you know it! :yay:

Thanks for the suggestions. We are staying in Standard view. I read that Tokelau has a few good rooms if you can get on a top floor towards the North end of the building. Possibly making it a LV room. Fingers crossed we get one of those. Either way very excited for our first Poly stay!

I hope you get your request! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it :goodvibes.

Wahoo! We are at 60 days!!! So excited to be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary here. I've been reading all posts and Tikimans page (btw Thank you Tikiman for all the awesome info) We have standard view; regular room. Is there any building with a chance of seeing Wishes? We want 3rd floor and not a monorail view. (if we can help it at all). Other than a chance of lucking out we would probably go with Samoa lava pool view request. Thank you.

Hope you have a great time! I think the Poly is a great resort for celebrating your anniversary. Enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Wahoo! We are at 60 days!!! So excited to be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary here. I've been reading all posts and Tikimans page (btw Thank you Tikiman for all the awesome info) We have standard view; regular room. Is there any building with a chance of seeing Wishes? We want 3rd floor and not a monorail view. (if we can help it at all). Other than a chance of lucking out we would probably go with Samoa lava pool view request. Thank you.

Unfortunately the only standard view rooms that can see Wishes and the Castle are located in Tokelau that is now DVC Studios. The very corner room of Samoa can see part of it if the trees are trimmed but other than that the only rooms that might see the highest fireworks would be the 3rd floor of Rarotonga looking over the roof of Hawaii.

OMG OMG OMG You guys were so right about this place. We're here now in Moorea the with the most gorgeous view. View attachment 154317

We're in Moorea on the first floor, so our view isn't quite as nice as this, but we're still happy with it. You can still clearly see the castle and Space Mountain around the bungalows. It's always great feeling like you're connected to the MK, even when you're back in the room. It's awesome. This is our second time at the Poly, the last time was a club stay in Hawaii, so obviously there's a big difference between that and a DVC stay. Some random thoughts:

The view is great, the convenience to the TTC from Moorea is excellent. We've been taking the big ferry back and forth to MK, and it's really pleasant. We've never taken it before. The monorail to Epcot today without having to switch was really nice. The double bathroom in the room is a huge time saver. Having the extra shower makes a big difference. The room looks great, they did a good job with the decorations and the colors. The Oasis pool looks like it's going to be beautiful when it's open. It's too bad it wasn't done yet this trip. No problems with the boat horns either.

On the downside, the check-in was a nightmare. Just loved walking back and forth when the magic bands didn't work after all the other problems. (And the MBs didn't work because of their check-in mistakes.). Even worse, it seemed like problems were the norm and no big deal, as opposed to them being apologetic about it.

The bed in the studios is terribly uncomfortable. I think the wooden base (to hold the storage drawers) instead of a box spring makes a big negative difference. I remember the regular room beds being comfortable, same with the 1BR bed at the BW we just stayed in a few months ago. (I don't know if the new studios there also have the wooden base.)

After the other recent post about the cleanliness, I thought our room was very clean, but I've been using the tub shower, and my wife said the walk-in shower was dirty with lots of old soap residue on the floor. It must be a recurring problem with the stone?

Overall I wouldn't let our problems deter anyone from staying here, but I think it'll be a while before we're back.

We're in Moorea on the first floor, so our view isn't quite as nice as this, but we're still happy with it. You can still clearly see the castle and Space Mountain around the bungalows. It's always great feeling like you're connected to the MK, even when you're back in the room. It's awesome. This is our second time at the Poly, the last time was a club stay in Hawaii, so obviously there's a big difference between that and a DVC stay. Some random thoughts:

The view is great, the convenience to the TTC from Moorea is excellent. We've been taking the big ferry back and forth to MK, and it's really pleasant. We've never taken it before. The monorail to Epcot today without having to switch was really nice. The double bathroom in the room is a huge time saver. Having the extra shower makes a big difference. The room looks great, they did a good job with the decorations and the colors. The Oasis pool looks like it's going to be beautiful when it's open. It's too bad it wasn't done yet this trip. No problems with the boat horns either.

On the downside, the check-in was a nightmare. Just loved walking back and forth when the magic bands didn't work after all the other problems. (And the MBs didn't work because of their check-in mistakes.). Even worse, it seemed like problems were the norm and no big deal, as opposed to them being apologetic about it.

The bed in the studios is terribly uncomfortable. I think the wooden base (to hold the storage drawers) instead of a box spring makes a big negative difference. I remember the regular room beds being comfortable, same with the 1BR bed at the BW we just stayed in a few months ago. (I don't know if the new studios there also have the wooden base.)

After the other recent post about the cleanliness, I thought our room was very clean, but I've been using the tub shower, and my wife said the walk-in shower was dirty with lots of old soap residue on the floor. It must be a recurring problem with the stone?

Overall I wouldn't let our problems deter anyone from staying here, but I think it'll be a while before we're back.

So sorry about your problems at check in. Ours went pretty smoothly. It's funny how people can have different perceptions. We found the bed very comfortable and our daughter is staying with us while we're down here and is using the pull out bed. Much more convenient and doesn't get in the way as much. Hadn't noticed anything off about the shower.

I will say supplies were very under stocked. We had to call down for more towels and there wasn't enough plastic ware or paper bowls.

Is there anyone staying in the Fiji longhouse that could possibly share some pictures of their room? :)

We're in Moorea on the first floor, so our view isn't quite as nice as this, but we're still happy with it. You can still clearly see the castle and Space Mountain around the bungalows. It's always great feeling like you're connected to the MK, even when you're back in the room. It's awesome.

Glad you're having a nice time. Nice pics, thanks for sharing :).

Our week as has come to an end. We thoroughly enjoyed our daughters first trip to the Mouse. While I think Mousekeeping could use some improvements the location of the Poly will have us returning while we are still using strollers. The monorail is a Godsend! While out walking around the resort every CM greeted us and we had nothing but excellent food and service at Captain Cook's, Kona and the Pineapple Lanai. As we were walking to the GCH to hop on Magical Express last night I noticed there were CM's at the Oasis pool area wiping off the tables and doing what looked like prep to open. No major construction seemed to be happening after Thursday that I noticed. Now I need to start planning our next trip :lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter