Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to make room requests? There's nothing available when I click on it.

The room request part of online check-in has been really off/buggy for a few weeks now (and what it was before wasn’t all that great either). Really no idea what Disney is up to behind the scenes on that one, but it sure is confusing for folks.

I’d recommend calling in your requests.

Good luck.

Room query!!

So we are traveling in party of 8. our parent in one room- us and the kids in another.

My FIL is physically handicapped so I would perfer an accessible room- at least with rails. They can bring his portable rail but If we can get away with not thatd be awesome too lol.

Im looking at maps on tikiman but a lot of the rooms are like right next to ice makers, elevators etc.

Experiences with these rooms on obnoxious noise??

We have 2 Marina or Pool views double queens booked, So Im looking at Niue, Samoa, and Fiji. (its also impossible to figure out what alll includes marina and pool views- most the sites just say garden)

Or are these rooms big enough that he can use his normal seat walker in the room and store the scooter.(not an uber one just one of those getting around types)

Thanks!
We stayed in Fiji 3321 earlier this summer. It was right across from the elevator, near the stair case and a bit to the left of the ice machine when leaving the room. I don't recall any excessive noise coming from those areas. Heard people getting off the elevator late one night when I went to the WC but they weren't raucous and seemed aware of their surroundings. Don't recall hearing the ice machine at all. That room is probably part of the new room category (Marina/Pool Views) and I'll miss it if I don't qualify for it this winter.

To my way of thinking the rooms with the most noise pollution potential will be the other side of the hall ( no Pool/Marina Views), that face the paths going and leaving the Aloha show. People tend to be a tad boisterous but the sound is short lived.

HTH!

Anyone able to make room requests? There's nothing available when I click on it.

Pretty much nobody is able to. The last "enhancement" broke the room request section of Online Check In. The best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out.

Just booked a "pool or marina view" room for next year, but I don't see a lot of information about what longhouses those could be in. I only see standard view, lagoon, and theme park. Is Disney making a new category?

Also, if my only room request is a balcony, what do you think is the likelihood that I get one? I would be disappointed not to have one.

Thanks! This is my first stay at this beautiful resort after years of just gawking at it.

Just booked a "pool or marina view" room for next year, but I don't see a lot of information about what longhouses those could be in. I only see standard view, lagoon, and theme park. Is Disney making a new category?

Yes, which is why you aren't finding any information.

Also, if my only room request is a balcony, what do you think is the likelihood that I get one?

If that's your only request, your odds are pretty good.

Also, if my only room request is a balcony, what do you think is the likelihood that I get one? I would be disappointed not to have one.

Thanks! This is my first stay at this beautiful resort after years of just gawking at it.
Yes, a new category is making an appearance.

A goodly portion of Fiji for sure; Tonga, is probably already covered by dint of it's overall category (CL) and small size; Hawaii, seems ripe for more picking with approx half of the hotel rooms facing a pool ; Aotearoa, about ...1/4 of the building(?); Nuie, is covered on both sides; Rarotonga, half the building will prolly be considered Pool/Marina; Somoa, is probably going to be considered in full, a pool/marina view since one side views one pool and the other, the other pool. I'm prolly missing a longhouse or 3 but it's easy to view the property and make your own guesses from Tikiman's excellent longhouse descriptions whilst trying to discern WD's new category.

For what I can see it leaves parking lot (with foliage!) and monorail views as other lesser cost "standard rooms" at Poly.

The good news for you, OP, is you'll have a lot of choices having already booked pool/marina view:)!

I think the first page of this thread answers my question, but I want to make sure, as we have never stayed at the Poly. I reserved a standard view room (only option available for my dates). The Disney resort site says "2 queen beds or 1 king bed and 1 Day Bed". The first page on this post indicates that ALL rooms at Poly have the day bed. Is this correct??

I am thinking too much, but we are a party of 4, so we would not fit in a "1 king bed and 1 day bed", and I would love if our room had 2 queens AND a day bed. Just can't decide if they mean 2 queen beds ONLY (option 1) OR 1 king and 1 day bed (option 2), or do they mean 2 queen beds and 1 day bed (option 1) OR 1 king bed and 1 day bed (option 2)? Any experience? I know you DISer's will know!! Thanks!!

I think the first page of this thread answers my question, but I want to make sure, as we have never stayed at the Poly. I reserved a standard view room (only option available for my dates). The Disney resort site says "2 queen beds or 1 king bed and 1 Day Bed". The first page on this post indicates that ALL rooms at Poly have the day bed. Is this correct??

I am thinking too much, but we are a party of 4, so we would not fit in a "1 king bed and 1 day bed", and I would love if our room had 2 queens AND a day bed. Just can't decide if they mean 2 queen beds ONLY (option 1) OR 1 king and 1 day bed (option 2), or do they mean 2 queen beds and 1 day bed (option 1) OR 1 king bed and 1 day bed (option 2)? Any experience? I know you DISer's will know!! Thanks!!

The Polynesian non-suite rooms all have a daybed.

This is an example of why commas matter!

2 queen beds or 1 king bed, and 1 Day Bed

Patronize your local editor!

I AGREE! Maybe Disney should learn to use them! But as you can see from this that I copied and pasted from the room booking page on the Disney site, they don't!! Bold type and red color added by me!

Standard View
View Photos for Standard View - Opens a dialog
Views of Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail or Parking Area

2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed

Sleeps up to 5 Adults

I AGREE! Maybe Disney should learn to use them! But as you can see from this that I copied and pasted from the room booking page on the Disney site, they don't!! Bold type and red color added by me!

Standard View
View Photos for Standard View - Opens a dialog
Views of Garden, Pool, Marina, Monorail or Parking Area

2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed

Sleeps up to 5 Adults
Oh, I know it wasn't you. Disney's interns need to at least selectively use an Oxford comma.

We have a standard room booked at the Poly too, but the Touring Plans room selector doesn't show "standard" as an option, just garden. Seems that that would include the now standard, pool, marina type rooms? So how do I know what I can request?

Does your magicband get scanned when entering the main pool area, like it does at Beach Club SAB? Also what's the likelihood of getting a king bed?

Does your magicband get scanned when entering the main pool area, like it does at Beach Club SAB? Also what's the likelihood of getting a king bed?

You do have to scan your MB to open the gates at both pools, but the entrances are not manned by CMs and you don’t get wristbands like SAB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter