• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been since 2014 since we have been at the Poly, so I am excited to try the Twilight Feast from room service for the first time. We will be staying in Hawaii, does anyone know if you can have it delivered to the lounge? I'd rather eat there then in our room if possible. I tried to search the thread but I wasn't successful, so sorry if this has been covered somewhere and I missed it!

Back from my week at the Poly...we were there 10/14 - 21 (well, we checked into Poly 10/15, first night was at Pop)

My only request was for a third floor balcony (decided to take off longhouse request and just go with 3rd floor as it was my priority, but was hoping for Rarotonga), since I'd booked standard view.

We ended up being "upgraded" to Hawaii, and CL. I put upgraded in quotation marks, because I think someone else may have enjoyed the experience more. We were given a first floor wheelchair accessible room. The door closed on a delay, and we had to stand and wait for it to close when we came and went. Our shower also flooded the bathroom floor every time we used it (which was two to three times a day - morning and evening). It wasn't a new problem just for us either, there was a lot of water damage and discoloration on the back of the bathroom door. When I asked about it at the CL concierge desk, we were given a shrug and a sorry. They didn't seem overly concerned, so we just dealt with it. I wanted to ask for a room change, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful. Honestly, we'd have enjoyed a regular plain ol' room just as much or more. We didn't ever use our patio b/c it was right by the walkway to and from the quiet pool, and people were out there all the time.

Aside from check in, the CL concierge CMs weren't very helpful. One morning MDE was down on my phone, and I went to ask if they were able to see what time my FPs were for, b/c I wasn't quite sure on the timing of the first one. The other two I remembered. When I asked, the CM just said, "it's down for us too, I can't help you." and then picked up his phone and turned his back on me. The next time I tried to ask them something was halfway through the trip when I was going to ask if I could pay off our room charges there or if I needed to go to the main front desk. One CM was on the phone trying to help a bell services CM figure out a room issue for luggage. The other was typing something. I said, "Excuse me, I have a quick question," and she said, "I'm busy." and turned her chair away. I left and went into the main lobby and took care of it in two minutes. The final time we tried to ask them for help, my mom asked if they could access a vacuum so she could use it for her space bags (OMG, she overpacked, LOL!!). The man said, "I don't even know where we could get something like that." The woman rolled her eyes and said, "Housekeeping. Call them instead." So mom called housekeeping and left a message, but we never heard back and I managed to get the suitcase closed.

Now, the negative aside, the lounge CMs were awesome!! They were all so friendly and helpful. Lipoa was there, who some of you may recognize as the previous entertainment at 'Ohana. The food in the lounge was just ok, but a few things were excellent. You can't beat unlimited access to POG juice. We watched Happily Ever After one evening from the lounge, which wasn't my favorite experience. It was loud in the crowded room and they didn't dim the lights so while you could see the fireworks, they were marred by the glare of the lights and reflections of the other people in the room. Daytime views from the lounge were gorgeous though!!

My favorite part of the Poly is the lobby, and being in the Hawaii building did isolate us a little from it. I didn't feel very connected to the resort, which I realize sounds ridiculous, LOL!!

Overall, I enjoyed the resort. The grounds are beautiful and it's magical in the evening with the torches lit...and it was a special touch to walk by the movie area in the evenings when they played Moana or Lilo and Stitch - the music in the background of such a perfect tropical setting really transports you. Shopping options at the resort are great, with a varied mix of items. We enjoyed watching fireworks from the beach! Our check in was great, and the main desk CMs were beyond helpful and amazing. They were all warm and friendly. The access to transportation was great - the walk to the TTC wasn't bad at all to catch the Epcot monorail. We never had any issues with buses, boats, or monorail crowds. Everything worked well.

I understand why so many love this gorgeous resort, but for me it will probably just be a dining destination in the future. I just can't get past my love of the Wilderness Lodge. The Poly had always been my imagined "dream resort", and I am so happy and fortunate to have been able to enjoy a week here!

Our experience kind of mirrors yours. I mean, we had booked CL, so that's obviously what we wanted. But, the Poly had been my dream resort for soooo long that I think my expectations were too high.

Don't get me wrong, it is a BEAUTIFUL resort, and we had no major issues at all, but it just wasn't my favorite.

In contrast, we stayed at the GF and I thought I would HATE it, but it is my absolute favorite resort and I definitely want to stay there again in the future!

It's been since 2014 since we have been at the Poly, so I am excited to try the Twilight Feast from room service for the first time. We will be staying in Hawaii, does anyone know if you can have it delivered to the lounge? I'd rather eat there then in our room if possible. I tried to search the thread but I wasn't successful, so sorry if this has been covered somewhere and I missed it!

I have seen it done.

And just to add my editorial comment... I have seen it done in a respectul / not bother my fellow guests / clean up your mess afterwards manner. And I’ve seen the opposite... room service carts in the middle of the lounge making it hard to get around, plates/dishes/leftover food piled a mile high and left for the lounge CMs to clean up, tables left in an overall mess. Far be it for me to judge the behavior of my fellow CL guests, but you might be able to tell which side I think is more appropriate given the communal setting of the lounge. :goodvibes

Personally I think the third floor is a nice/out of the way spot if you’re doing it during a busy time. Or there are certainly times when the second floor isn’t very busy at all and would be a good spot.

Hope that helps.

I have seen it done.

And just to add my editorial comment... I have seen it done in a respectul / not bother my fellow guests / clean up your mess afterwards manner. And I’ve seen the opposite... room service carts in the middle of the lounge making it hard to get around, plates/dishes/leftover food piled a mile high and left for the lounge CMs to clean up, tables left in an overall mess. Far be it for me to judge the behavior of my fellow CL guests, but you might be able to tell which side I think is more appropriate given the communal setting of the lounge. :goodvibes

Personally I think the third floor is a nice/out of the way spot if you’re doing it during a busy time. Or there are certainly times when the second floor isn’t very busy at all and would be a good spot.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice! I totally hear you and believe we are on the same page. :) We are going Easter week, so if it's too busy in the lounge, I may just skip it or eat in the room.

On a semi-related note, I have read that the trash area has been removed/repurposed and I find this very disappointing. I feel extremely uncomfortable leaving dirty dishes on a table and (as silly as it sounds) the area was one of my favorite parts of Poly CL as opposed to the many other lounges that never did have a place for trash/plates.

Thanks for the advice! I totally hear you and believe we are on the same page. :) We are going Easter week, so if it's too busy in the lounge, I may just skip it or eat in the room.

On a semi-related note, I have read that the trash area has been removed/repurposed and I find this very disappointing. I feel extremely uncomfortable leaving dirty dishes on a table and (as silly as it sounds) the area was one of my favorite parts of Poly CL as opposed to the many other lounges that never did have a place for trash/plates.

Ahh, so not all hope is lost on the clearing plates topic. They usually put out a small table/tray right next to the former trash can/dish return counter (which is now where coffee and wine is served!) so you can still bus your own dishes if you’d like.

I am like you in that I’d rather clear my own table most of the time, especially if I only have a dish or two. The only time I don’t is if that little table/tray is already full and putting any more dishes on it would be awkward.

The CMs are usually (but not always) proactive about taking away dishes, but I am personally glad that little return table is there. I wish other CLs would do it too so the CMs could be freed up for other things besides being constant bussers. But I digress....

Hope you have fun!

Ahh, so not all hope is lost on the clearing plates topic. They usually put out a small table/tray right next to the former trash can/dish return counter (which is now where coffee and wine is served!) so you can still bus your own dishes if you’d like.

I am like you in that I’d rather clear my own table most of the time, especially if I only have a dish or two. The only time I don’t is if that little table/tray is already full and putting any more dishes on it would be awkward.

The CMs are usually (but not always) proactive about taking away dishes, but I am personally glad that little return table is there. I wish other CLs would do it too so the CMs could be freed up for other things besides being constant bussers. But I digress....

Hope you have fun!

Oh, that's great! Thank you! :goodvibes

We were there at the end of August and there was a trash area right before you walk out the door towards the elevators. Everyone was putting their trash right there. I found that most people did clean up after themselves which was nice. :goodvibes

I have read that the trash area has been removed/repurposed and I find this very disappointing. I feel extremely uncomfortable leaving dirty dishes on a table and (as silly as it sounds) the area was one of my favorite parts of Poly CL as opposed to the many other lounges that never did have a place for trash/plates.

You are not alone! This bothers me as well as I am very uncomfortable leaving dirty dishes on the table for someone else to clean up :(.

This is good to hear! :)

The CMs are usually (but not always) proactive about taking away dishes, but I am personally glad that little return table is there. I wish other CLs would do it too so the CMs could be freed up for other things besides being constant bussers.

I agree! ;)

Back from my week at the Poly...we were there 10/14 - 21 (well, we checked into Poly 10/15, first night was at Pop)

My only request was for a third floor balcony (decided to take off longhouse request and just go with 3rd floor as it was my priority, but was hoping for Rarotonga), since I'd booked standard view.

We ended up being "upgraded" to Hawaii, and CL. I put upgraded in quotation marks, because I think someone else may have enjoyed the experience more. We were given a first floor wheelchair accessible room. The door closed on a delay, and we had to stand and wait for it to close when we came and went. Our shower also flooded the bathroom floor every time we used it (which was two to three times a day - morning and evening). It wasn't a new problem just for us either, there was a lot of water damage and discoloration on the back of the bathroom door. When I asked about it at the CL concierge desk, we were given a shrug and a sorry. They didn't seem overly concerned, so we just dealt with it. I wanted to ask for a room change, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful. Honestly, we'd have enjoyed a regular plain ol' room just as much or more. We didn't ever use our patio b/c it was right by the walkway to and from the quiet pool, and people were out there all the time.

Aside from check in, the CL concierge CMs weren't very helpful. One morning MDE was down on my phone, and I went to ask if they were able to see what time my FPs were for, b/c I wasn't quite sure on the timing of the first one. The other two I remembered. When I asked, the CM just said, "it's down for us too, I can't help you." and then picked up his phone and turned his back on me. The next time I tried to ask them something was halfway through the trip when I was going to ask if I could pay off our room charges there or if I needed to go to the main front desk. One CM was on the phone trying to help a bell services CM figure out a room issue for luggage. The other was typing something. I said, "Excuse me, I have a quick question," and she said, "I'm busy." and turned her chair away. I left and went into the main lobby and took care of it in two minutes. The final time we tried to ask them for help, my mom asked if they could access a vacuum so she could use it for her space bags (OMG, she overpacked, LOL!!). The man said, "I don't even know where we could get something like that." The woman rolled her eyes and said, "Housekeeping. Call them instead." So mom called housekeeping and left a message, but we never heard back and I managed to get the suitcase closed.

Now, the negative aside, the lounge CMs were awesome!! They were all so friendly and helpful. Lipoa was there, who some of you may recognize as the previous entertainment at 'Ohana. The food in the lounge was just ok, but a few things were excellent. You can't beat unlimited access to POG juice. We watched Happily Ever After one evening from the lounge, which wasn't my favorite experience. It was loud in the crowded room and they didn't dim the lights so while you could see the fireworks, they were marred by the glare of the lights and reflections of the other people in the room. Daytime views from the lounge were gorgeous though!!

My favorite part of the Poly is the lobby, and being in the Hawaii building did isolate us a little from it. I didn't feel very connected to the resort, which I realize sounds ridiculous, LOL!!

Overall, I enjoyed the resort. The grounds are beautiful and it's magical in the evening with the torches lit...and it was a special touch to walk by the movie area in the evenings when they played Moana or Lilo and Stitch - the music in the background of such a perfect tropical setting really transports you. Shopping options at the resort are great, with a varied mix of items. We enjoyed watching fireworks from the beach! Our check in was great, and the main desk CMs were beyond helpful and amazing. They were all warm and friendly. The access to transportation was great - the walk to the TTC wasn't bad at all to catch the Epcot monorail. We never had any issues with buses, boats, or monorail crowds. Everything worked well.

I understand why so many love this gorgeous resort, but for me it will probably just be a dining destination in the future. I just can't get past my love of the Wilderness Lodge. The Poly had always been my imagined "dream resort", and I am so happy and fortunate to have been able to enjoy a week here!

Wow, I'm really surprised about the CMs at the desks. We've stayed there several times and have never experienced a rude CM there, even when we had some room and entry issues. They always said Aloha and checked in with my kiddos to see how things were going. 2 years ago, we had a flood in our bathroom there (total fluke - looked like their was a pipe burst above us) and they quickly shuffled us around to a new room. Then they called the new room and said they had a castle view room available on the same floor! It was awesome. I'm also surprised they didn't dim the lights in the lounge - if it was forgotten, someone would remind the lounge CMs and they would do it right away. Anyway, I'm sorry for the negative stuff but hopefully the rest of the trip made up for it.

hi all! Arrived today. Got room view we wanted, I'm so happy. I had to go to check in, but they were just letting me know it wasn't ready yet. We got our our lei's, everyone so wonderful. We got into our room a bit ago, bell services had our luggage up in 5 minutes and housekeeping had our extra hangers in probably 8! :)

Here's our view - Fiji, standard.

22688843_2066295293605282_2852971798848156881_n.jpg 22728674_2066295270271951_1018454618460040730_n.jpg 22729076_2066295193605292_7964496580374974883_n.jpg 22780458_2066295226938622_5195849002591282401_n.jpg

hi all! Arrived today. Got room view we wanted, I'm so happy. I had to go to check in, but they were just letting me know it wasn't ready yet. We got our our lei's, everyone so wonderful. We got into our room a bit ago, bell services had our luggage up in 5 minutes and housekeeping had our extra hangers in probably 8! :)

View attachment 279454 View attachment 279455 View attachment 279456 View attachment 279457

Beautiful!! Have an awesome trip!!

Wow, I'm really surprised about the CMs at the desks. We've stayed there several times and have never experienced a rude CM there, even when we had some room and entry issues. They always said Aloha and checked in with my kiddos to see how things were going. 2 years ago, we had a flood in our bathroom there (total fluke - looked like their was a pipe burst above us) and they quickly shuffled us around to a new room. Then they called the new room and said they had a castle view room available on the same floor! It was awesome. I'm also surprised they didn't dim the lights in the lounge - if it was forgotten, someone would remind the lounge CMs and they would do it right away. Anyway, I'm sorry for the negative stuff but hopefully the rest of the trip made up for it.

It surprised me too, I've really only heard good things. Housekeeping was always beyond nice when we'd see them in the hallways as we left in the morning or came back in the afternoon, and the lounge CMs were incredibly friendly every time we were in there, and I wish the desk CMs were the same. They did always say Aloha when we entered, but I felt like I was a nuisance after the first couple of times asking them questions, so I just figured things out on my own after that, lol. Maybe I just caught them at bad times?? I don't know.

Otherwise it was a nice stay overall.

We were there at the end of August and there was a trash area right before you walk out the door towards the elevators. Everyone was putting their trash right there. I found that most people did clean up after themselves which was nice. :goodvibes

Candace! Hi, it's Kari (i_heart_the_mouse from the old RC thread years ago). Long story short, I lost my password to that account and couldn't get it back because my old email got hacked so I just made a new account.

I'm glad to hear you got to try the Poly, but sorry it didn't live up to your expectations. So you are a GF girl now, huh? I do love it there as well :cloud9:(especially RPC!). We took a few years off of Disney completely, but finally went back this June and stayed OFF SITE :scared:. Never again. Awful. I can't wait to return to my beloved Poly next spring. I don't think we will ever go back to APs with 3-4 visits a year as we have really enjoyed traveling all over the country and trying new places, but maybe we will get back to once a year or every other year. That Disney Magic is hard to beat :love:

Anyway, thanks for the tip about the trash can! Hope you and fam are all doing well! I can't believe your DS is 2. Wow. Time flies! I think last time we spoke you were preggers! Nice to "see" you again, friend.

P.S. Is the RC thread still a thing? I tried to find it but didn't have luck. Maybe it moved. I'm feeling the itch to switch to a BC/Poly split. lol. I probably won't though because I'm already afraid of getting connecting rooms once much less twice.

P.P.S. Sorry for the hijack! :duck:

Love,love,love that location!! Have a fabulous trip!!

View attachment 279454 View attachment 279455 View attachment 279456 View attachment 279457

Back on 10/13 Dd got a text and I got an email " room not ready" . The odd thing was they were received before 6am EST. :confused3

We arrived at poly around 11;30 and checked in. We ran to MK and then was back in an hour to meet bf who arrived later. We got room text then for 2415. Using the map I knew 2nd floor Tuvalu. I saw it was a room on the end and thought that will work because we didn't mind 2nd floor this trip we were not going to be in the room long.

It was a longish walk compared to Hawaii but I really enjoyed that we had to walk around the marina and see the castle to get anywhere:goodvibes

Also being an end room we did not have a connecting door:thumbsup2

The staircase had lovely views too! I ran down the hall and peeked out the other end and a nice view of gf::yes::

So we enjoyed our room since it was mostly quiet . I could hear some activity like boats and Ewp etc but not overly loud.
IMG_0773.PNG
IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG IMG_0775.JPG IMG_0776.JPG IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

Last edited:
I found this interesting. I ran up to 3rd floor of our staircase and found a hidden smoking area. I like this location. Smoke will go up and not incomvenice those that don't like the smell. Mom would have loved this view too. The building was small and the elevator in the center so to skip this area would not be be hard to do either.

IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0779.JPG

I found this interesting. I ran up to 3rd floor of our staircase and found a hidden smoking area. I like this location. Smoke will go up and not incomvenice those that don't like the smell. Mom would have loved this view too. The building was small and the elevator in the center so to skip this area would not be be hard to do either.

View attachment 279570 View attachment 279571
@ Fiji the smoking area is located on the 2nd floor staircase closest to the marina. Sounds like consistency is a norm in the longhouses:).

We had the cabana all day on 10/15. We had the center one and ceiling fan still not working. I never did see anyone show up for one on the end I took picture of cause it was all fresh.

We left our stuff and went to lunch at kona then got to come right back knowing we had a spot.

There is an outlet on the back pole to charge your phone etc.

No shower at the pool but bathrooms were clean. I changed in/out of my suit a few times . I love that pool. I might have taken a few winks on that comfy couch too. You could hear children playing mixed with Hawaiian music:cloud9:

For the price having it all day was nice . Our ME was 3;45 and we left it at 3;30 for the bus stop.

It was a bit sunny before 11am but shady most of the day.

I would do again for sure!

IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0783.JPG

So for many many years I watched the fireworks from the beach or from Hawaii. We got back from the parks and could hear the sounds so we walked towards the lava pool . Many people were sitting on that grassy area and along the walkway in front of cc's. We watched for a few with music too. Then we headed for our room . I was so surprised the marina had a great view and music too! Compared to gf's marina this was a nicer spot , just no seating.

IMG_0793.JPG IMG_0794.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter