Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry my post is confusing.

I went into the Poly Villas and Bungalows and there's a room called Deluxe Studio - Standard View that pops up wihen I click into the Poly Villas and bungalows. Is that part of the Villas? I see you mentioned the studios, is that the same thing?
The ROOMS have 2 queens, the studios/villas have one queen and a sleeper sofa. It just depnds on if you want 2 actual beds vs. a bed and a couch.

Here now and leaving tomorrow
- we have a ton of bottled water left unused from our Amazon order
Would anyone like to claim it by 11am tomorrow?
Otherwise, I am not sure what to do with it.

Just checked in last night. I've stayed @ Poly several times over the last 15 years. The resort public areas are just as nice as ever. There are some worn looking furniture pieces & dust here & there but generally quite clean. The public bathrooms have been very clean so far. The room is another issue altogether. We spent 2 hours cleaning our dirty room last night. 80+ Clorox wipes to get the food & not sure what else off furniture, floor, walls etc. 1/2 bottle of bleach spray to clean the filthy bathroom. Problem is "clean" is subjective...but at least the sheets are clean! On the upside our room is super clean now & except for the overly stained carpet--it seems great!

That's ridiculous! Why didn't you go back to the front desk and tell them of the state of your room. I would think they would have moved you?

I have dreamed for years of staying at the Poly and finally my dream came true for my 60th birthday
I spent 3 lovely nights at the yacht club RO booking first (which was lovely) then i moved across to the the Poly for my 10 night full package stay
My Grand Daughter ran to open the door of our first floor Raratonga room & our hearts sank!
The room was soooo tired and there was a huge wet area across the carpet (along with all the stains)
We rang front desk,they sent a man out to dry the carpet(we think it was a leek,although he gave no explanation)
Later that day when useing the refill station in Captain Cooks we smelt the most truly awful smell all along the drink area
i called a young employee over who told me he had reported this several times and asked if i would i like to speak to the manager myself,i quickly agreed!
The manager (also a young lad) said i do apologize i will have the area cleaned ,he said " i think this is coffee spill from underneath"
to us the smell was like a baby diaper had been put down the disposal!..
I tearfully went to the front desk & was helped by a lovely guest relation officer
He and to two ladies on the front desk were all lovely

The manager asked me what he could do for me to put this right and i tearfully said please can you move us
The only available room he had for that 10 nights was back at the Beach Club and although i had loved the Yacht & Beach Club i would have really liked a different experience but unfortunately that was all that was available so we accepted and was moved back that night
The manager kindly paid the cab and refunded the difference in room rate.
We only really had one day spoilt here and although as i said we would have liked another resort,we did enjoy the rest of our holiday at the Beach Club,
I was truly shocked by this visit to the Polynesian.....
.I have also edited to say this is an honest account, i am not hard to please....
I hate to write this type of review for others who have booked here but feel i must be honest!

Maybe i was unlucky ,i did book a standard room!.but for me the "Poly dream is over"!

Last edited:
I just wanted to chime in, with the recent reviews coming in. We checked out on Friday after 10 nights at the Poly. We had an amazing time! We stayed on rented DVC points in Tokelau. We were lucky enough to get a second floor lagoon, fireworks, and train station view. The view was magical, and useful with 3 small kids not able to stay up and out for fireworks. Of note, I pretty much got the exact room I requested using the touring plans fax request.

I thought the resort grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Captain Cook's was fine, but we definitely preferred the Oasis bar and grill. The cast members were overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. And the room was in good condition. Maybe a little hidden dust here and there, and a few stains on the hallway carpet.

I would not hesitate to stay again!!

I'm seeing some confusion here.

A studio is a villa-style accommodation. It is DVC, but Disney sometimes has units available for cash. They come in Standard View and Lake View. They have a queen bed, sofa bed, murphy bed and a kitchenette. Also, a spare shower. They are located in Tokelau, Pago Pago, and Moorea. There is NO configuration difference between Studios. The whole "standard/deluxe" studio thing gets people confused. Most resorts, all studios are "deluxe." The additional designations tend to indicate view or location (Standard, Lake at Poly, etc.).

Hotel units at Poly are in most other buildings. There are suites in Tonga. A normal hotel unit has 2 queens and a single daybed. No kitchenette. Views are Standard, Pool/Marina, Lagoon and Theme Park View.

Last edited:
I have dreamed for years of staying at the Poly and finally my dream came true for my 60th birthday
I spent 3 lovely nights at the yacht club RO booking first (which was lovely) then i moved across to the the Poly for my 10 night full package stay
My Grand Daughter ran to open the door of our first floor Raratonga room & our hearts sank!
The room was soooo tired and there was a huge wet area across the carpet (along with all the stains)
We rang front desk,they sent a man out to dry the carpet(we think it was a leek,although he gave no explanation)
Later that day when useing the refill station in Captain Cooks we smelt the most truly awful smell all along the drink area
i called a young employee over who told me he had reported this several times and asked if i would i like to speak to the manager myself,i quickly agreed!
The manager (also a young lad) said i do apologize i will have the area cleaned ,he said " i think this is coffee spill from underneath"
to us the smell was like a baby diaper had been put down the disposal!..
I tearfully went to the front desk & was helped by a lovely guest relation officer
He and to two ladies on the front desk were all lovely

The manager asked me what he could do for me to put this right and i tearfully said please can you move us
The only available room he had for that 10 nights was back at the Beach Club and although i had loved the Yacht & Beach Club i would have really liked a different experience but unfortunately that was all that was available so we accepted and was moved back that night
The manager kindly paid the cab and refunded the difference in room rate.
We only really had one day spoilt here and although as i said we would have liked another resort,we did enjoy the rest of our holiday at the Beach Club,
I was truly shocked by this visit to the Polynesian.....
.I have also edited to say this is an honest account, i am not hard to please....
I hate to write this type of review for others who have booked here but feel i must be honest!

Maybe i was unlucky ,i did book a standard room!.but for me the "Poly dream is over"!

I'm sorry about all the issues you had at the Poly, but I'm glad they were able to move you. I hope you had a good time overall after moving back to the YC :).

I just wanted to chime in, with the recent reviews coming in. We checked out on Friday after 10 nights at the Poly. We had an amazing time! We stayed on rented DVC points in Tokelau. We were lucky enough to get a second floor lagoon, fireworks, and train station view. The view was magical, and useful with 3 small kids not able to stay up and out for fireworks. Of note, I pretty much got the exact room I requested using the touring plans fax request.

I thought the resort grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Captain Cook's was fine, but we definitely preferred the Oasis bar and grill. The cast members were overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. And the room was in good condition. Maybe a little hidden dust here and there, and a few stains on the hallway carpet.

I would not hesitate to stay again!!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice time and enjoyed the Poly :goodvibes.

It's great to read a positive review since the negative ones tend to make me have doubts about our upcoming Poly CL stay in May. With 3 rooms reserved (yike$$$$) I am hoping for a great multi-gen stay.

I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Still here @ Poly. Having a great time! Since I was asked, we didn't move when we discovered our dirty room because it was 11:30pm when we finally got to our room, we received the building & 3rd floor room we requested & based on past experiences, we weren't convinced a different room would be much better.

I think there are two big problems here- they aren't replacing carpet and other highly stained items like chair cushions in the rooms. These rooms see lots of sticky treats on toddler/young kids' fingers & the housekeepers only get so much time to turn around a room. The problem is with management & I think it goes to the top. I love Disney parks & Poly, but I feel like cost cutting has led to a "let's see what the majority will deal with & we'll try to pacify the complainers with fast passes & room credits". It must be cheaper than properly cleaning & replacing worn rooms?

Sad state of affairs.

We've had two really nice meals @ Kona & Ohana. The volcano pool is lots of fun. The resort is so pretty all lit up in the evenings.

It's just the guest rooms. If you go in with really low expectations for your dollars, you might possibly be pleasantly surprised?

Just back from a 5 night stay at Poly, followed by 2 nights at Orlando World Center Marriott located just outside of WDW property. We loved Poly’s proximity to MK and Epcot. Watching fireworks from the beach was amazing! Standing in the pool with the view of the castle is pretty incredible. Our kids loved the pools and water slide. The grounds were lovely. Transportation was a dream! We had no issues with housekeeping. Our room was spacious and we got connecting rooms as we’d requested.

That said, our 3 rooms on 1st floor of Rarotonga were tired looking, as others have stated. There was a huge line at check in and anytime we had a question for the front desk we had to wait. The restaurant options are great, except that ADRs are all taken with nothing reserved for onsite guests who are paying a premium to stay. Also, I found the number of non-Poly guests who were coming for meals made the resort seem a bit chaotic. Our last stay at WL was more peaceful, despite also being a draw for dining.

When we moved to the Marriott, the difference between the rooms, staff availibility, service, grounds, and food were immediately apparent. Our stay at the Marriott was far and away better than Poly and for half the cost (though we actually stayed for free on points). It was interesting to experience the 2 resorts back-to-back and feel/taste/see all of the differences.

That said, we were able to enjoy the marriott because we’d already spent 5 nights enjoying the perks of such quick access to MK and the other parks while we were at Poly. And the benefit of having top FPs due to the 60+ day window, etc. I’m thankful for our stay at Poly! It helped us enjoy the parks to the maximum extent possible. Our next visit would probably be a WL/Marriott split, though.

Curious what room you were in, if you remember. We stayed in the first floor of Rarotonga last week.

Just back from a 5 night stay at Poly, followed by 2 nights at Orlando World Center Marriott located just outside of WDW property. We loved Poly’s proximity to MK and Epcot. Watching fireworks from the beach was amazing! Standing in the pool with the view of the castle is pretty incredible. Our kids loved the pools and water slide. The grounds were lovely. Transportation was a dream! We had no issues with housekeeping. Our room was spacious and we got connecting rooms as we’d requested.

That said, our 3 rooms on 1st floor of Rarotonga were tired looking, as others have stated. There was a huge line at check in and anytime we had a question for the front desk we had to wait. The restaurant options are great, except that ADRs are all taken with nothing reserved for onsite guests who are paying a premium to stay. Also, I found the number of non-Poly guests who were coming for meals made the resort seem a bit chaotic. Our last stay at WL was more peaceful, despite also being a draw for dining.

When we moved to the Marriott, the difference between the rooms, staff availibility, service, grounds, and food were immediately apparent. Our stay at the Marriott was far and away better than Poly and for half the cost (though we actually stayed for free on points). It was interesting to experience the 2 resorts back-to-back and feel/taste/see all of the differences.

That said, we were able to enjoy the marriott because we’d already spent 5 nights enjoying the perks of such quick access to MK and the other parks while we were at Poly. And the benefit of having top FPs due to the 60+ day window, etc. I’m thankful for our stay at Poly! It helped us enjoy the parks to the maximum extent possible. Our next visit would probably be a WL/Marriott split, though.

I understand what you mean in comparing the 2 hotels. My first stay at the Poly peeved me a bit since I am quite aware I could spend the same amount of money at a different hotel in a different locale and get a better bang for my buck. Still, much like you, I found my time at WD-Poly relaxing, more so than I initially thought.
Now if I could only allow my inner financial analyst to afford us the amenities of a CL room without overthinking the artificial money pit aspect attached to it all would be well;).

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice trip overall and enjoyed both resorts :).

Yes it was 1819
We were right nearby to that last week. We had 1822, 1823 & 1824. Sounds like we were lucky in that, though our rooms were a bit tired looking, they appeared clean and without noticeable stains. Though, our room at the Marriott was much cleaner and even the air seemed fresher (I swear).

So, you preferred the Beach Club room to Poly, then? I've never been to BC.

Poly definitely has the location that can't be beat and the rooms were large enough to feel comfortable with my family of 4 for 5 nights, though! (My inlaws and BIL were in the other 2 rooms).

We were right nearby to that last week. We had 1822, 1823 & 1824. Sounds like we were lucky in that, though our rooms were a bit tired looking, they appeared clean and without noticeable stains. Though, our room at the Marriott was much cleaner and even the air seemed fresher (I swear).

So, you preferred the Beach Club room to Poly, then? I've never been to BC.

Poly definitely has the location that can't be beat and the rooms were large enough to feel comfortable with my family of 4 for 5 nights, though! (My inlaws and BIL were in the other 2 rooms).
Hi...Glad your rooms were ok, yes we did prefer BC in comparison to Poly,im not at all fussy gernerally but our room at Poly was a real let down!..BC is a beautiful resort & we had no issues there..Your right Poly is a fantastic location and i really expected to be blown away!...So pleased to hear your holiday was good..

Can I ask what category room you booked? Standard view, Theme Park view, etc? And what exactly did you put on your TP fax request? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter