Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found a good storage solution to make up for the lack of drawers in the studios rooms? I saw the suggestion about bringing extra hangers, but I'm thinking for underwear, etc. TIA

I did not use the laundry facilities at the Poly, but when we have stayed at other resorts there is a vending machine like in this photo that had dye/fragrance free soap:

https://www.traveltothemagic.net/laundry-facilities-walt-disney-world-resort/#jp-carousel-6705

From a closer look it appears to be Ares Green Preference. We usually just throw a few pods into a ziplock bag and put it in our suitcase so that we don't have to use unfamiliar soaps (I have sensitive skin and like the Arm & Hammer). If memory serves, the use of the machines is free for DVC stays but you'd still have to pay for the soap, and it's easier for me just to bring it.
Thank you! I'm hoping I don't have to do any laundry but good to know it's an option if I need to!

For those staying Poly CL did you email DSS with a room request? How far in advance? I noted my requests over the phone and had them read back to me when I called to get a discount applied so I know they are there. But thought I'd follow up with a DSS email too. I did not note any requests on the online check-in which I've completed but should I edit? My requests are simple for our GV room - (ground floor, closer to middle of the building)

For those staying Poly CL did you email DSS with a room request? How far in advance? I noted my requests over the phone and had them read back to me when I called to get a discount applied so I know they are there. But thought I'd follow up with a DSS email too. I did not note any requests on the online check-in which I've completed but should I edit? My requests are simple for our GV room - (ground floor, closer to middle of the building)
I’d say go ahead and email or call if you want to be sure it’s noted on your reservation. I usually do that myself.

Has anyone found a good storage solution to make up for the lack of drawers in the studios rooms? I saw the suggestion about bringing extra hangers, but I'm thinking for underwear, etc. TIA
I don't know about the studios rooms, but when we travel in general we tend to keep underwear and socks in compression packs by Eagle Creek. Saves space in dressers and luggage alike!

Can anyone tell me what type of laundry detergent is available? I prefer the free & gentle or unscented kinds. I'm just wondering if that kind is available or if I should plan on bringing some from home. Oh, and we're staying in a studio, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks!

You will need to bring your own. The detergent you can buy is an off-brand scented detergent. It is pretty strong too. We need to run a towel through a cycle first to get most of the ligering scent out before putting our clothes in for their cycle.

SW

Would love to hear about the recent PARKING SITUATION at Poly especially after Mar 21 when the new over night parking fee is enforced!!!

Would love to hear about the recent PARKING SITUATION at Poly especially after Mar 21 when the new over night parking fee is enforced!!!

I would go under the assumption that nothing is going to change. It's still going to be hard to find a spot during busier times as they are still allowing day guests to park for free with no enforcement.

I would go under the assumption that nothing is going to change. It's still going to be hard to find a spot during busier times as they are still allowing day guests to park for free with no enforcement.

If there is no parking do you have to do Valet and bite the bullet or is there other options?

If there is no parking do you have to do Valet and bite the bullet or is there other options?

In the past, as a registered guest that could not find a parking spot I've gone in and spoke to the Concierge Desk. They gave me a pass for free Valet. As a non registered guest with an ADR, if there's no spots in the regular lot your options are to Valet or park at the TTC and walk over.

Looking to rent points from a friend for the first week in May of 2019. The Poly is not his home resort. Do I have a chance for availability at 7 months out?
WB

Looking to rent points from a friend for the first week in May of 2019. The Poly is not his home resort. Do I have a chance for availability at 7 months out?
WB

Honestly...probably not. I tried this same thing for this year and nothing was available. I would assume that Poly studios are some of the more sought after and you need to book at 11month timeframe.

In the past, as a registered guest that could not find a parking spot I've gone in and spoke to the Concierge Desk. They gave me a pass for free Valet. As a non registered guest with an ADR, if there's no spots in the regular lot your options are to Valet or park at the TTC and walk over.

So if no parking and a registered guest they will give pass for valet if it comes to that? Did you valet park then go get pass? I'm assuming you still tipped?

So if no parking and a registered guest they will give pass for valet if it comes to that?

They have for me multiple times.

Did you valet park then go get pass?

No. I went in first and got the pass.

I'm assuming you still tipped?

Yup. Not the Valet guys fault. Mentioned to the Concierge that it's so not cool that it's costing me $$ to park as a registered guest (you know, when that sort of thing was included in the room cost) and she gave my group 3 anytime FPs each time we had to Valet. So I was cool with that.

Yup. Not the Valet guys fault. Mentioned to the Concierge that it's so not cool that it's costing me $$ to park as a registered guest (you know, when that sort of thing was included in the room cost) and she gave my group 3 anytime FPs each time we had to Valet. So I was cool with that.

Thanks! We are going in August and that is my main concern is no parking! We stayed years ago and one night drove around forever trying to find a spot! Hopefully we don't have to ask but I appreciate your info!

WB
I rented points from friends for my upcoming trip (April 14-21). Poly is not their home resort either and they had no problem at the 7 month mark. It is my school vacation week too so I was a little concerned. I would think the first week in May would be fine.

I have until September to hopefully find a little later time.....Hoping for someone to cancel. We have never been to
Ohana so I would like to try it. If not I saw you can order room service for the twilight feast, I just don't know if it will be as good as actually being in the dining room for the experience.

I think you'll be able to find a later time as people change plans/cancel all the time. Just keep checking daily. Good luck! :wizard:

It would be nice if Poly esp had designated parking for registered guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter