Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
People always ask what time the Resort Launch starts running.

On this particular day at least, the first one arrived at 7:45am and just left at 7:53am. MK Hours today are 8am-1am.

As always with Disney transportation, YMMV!

What time does the monorail start running...if it's running? We have EMM booked in September, and this makes me nervous. We've never had a problem taking a bus and getting there by 7:30, and last trip we Uber'd to TTC (by mistake instead of CR) for a PPO ADR and it was a disaster, so this worries me.

Do the resort launches accommodate folded up wheelchairs?

Have not personally taken a folded wheelchair on a resort launch, but we used to take our folded up rather large Bob jogging stroller on the boat all the time. It’s kind of a tight squeeze, but manageable. I’m ‘assuming’ the same applies for a folded wheelchair but I don’t know that for sure. Sorry!

What time does the monorail start running...if it's running? We have EMM booked in September, and this makes me nervous. We've never had a problem taking a bus and getting there by 7:30, and last trip we Uber'd to TTC (by mistake instead of CR) for a PPO ADR and it was a disaster, so this worries me.

It is often 7am but hours can sometimes change week to week. This website posts the weekly Times Guide which can be handy: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html?m=1

BTW, if helpful, our timeline for EMM this past Sunday (going from photo time stamps):

7:16am - boarded the resort monorail at Poly
7:26am - walking down the monorail ramp at MK
7:29am - fully checked in, MBs scanned, and in the PPO/EMM coral of people
7:44am - they let us in

BTW, if helpful, our timeline for EMM this past Sunday (going from photo time stamps):

Thank you so much for the transportation info. We aren’t doing EMM but we do plan on rope dropping so it’s good to know that the monorail is the way to go. I guess we will save the resort launch for the scenic trip back on our afternoon breaks.

NICE! That's what I like to hear! We're really looking forward to it. DD has no idea we're doing it, and DH has no idea he's getting a GoPro with headgear just before our trip since he loves to record on the rides, and I have visions of his phone going flying on every trip. Thank you for this.

There are 3 Monorail lines:

Current Schedule:

Resort: 7 AM
MK Express: 7 AM
Epcot Loop: 7:30 AM

Check this link just before your arrival to see the operating schedule during your visit.

Link: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Dave

Thanks!

Have not personally taken a folded wheelchair on a resort launch, but we used to take our folded up rather large Bob jogging stroller on the boat all the time. It’s kind of a tight squeeze, but manageable. I’m ‘assuming’ the same applies for a folded wheelchair but I don’t know that for sure. Sorry!
Thanks. I’m just trying to plan alternatives to MK if the monorail is down. It was down during the majority of our trip in 2015 while we were staying at the Contemporary.

This makes me nervous. We have a 5:30pm reservation at Narcoossees on our 25th wedding anniversary. We were planning on taking the resort launch there. (We also have a fireworks cruise reserved for that night.) What time would you recommend we line up in order to get a seat on the launch for our reservation? Unless my knee gets worse on vacation, I'm not planning on bringing my wheelchair which I reserved mainly to help with all of the walking in the parks.

The resort launches typically operate on a 15-20 minute schedule (Touring Plans blog). We've used the WL launch much more than we have the GF. But I would plan on getting to the launch at MK at least 1 hr before your ADR. There is no guarantee that you will get on the 1st boat. But should be able to catch the 2nd worst case. I don’t remember ever not getting on either the 1st or 2nd boat, except maybe during the mad rush after fireworks.

Standard view, which longhouse would you request for convenience and view? Can you see the Electric water parade from a standard view?

Can you see partial fireworks from any of the standard rooms? It's a longshot but figured I'd ask since we were fortunate enough to get an awesome Savannah view with our standard room.

Kids activities moved to Lilo’s Playhouse if anyone interested!! Bingo, movie and video games! Headed over now!
Very interested to see what kind of kids activities they have. We have been going this past couple of years and we always say they could use an arcade or something like that on property.

They did have an arcade at the Polynesian but it is now gone and Lilo's Playhouse is on the way out as of July 31st. The remaining arcades are on borrowed time in my opinion.

Dave

They did have an arcade at the Polynesian but it is now gone and Lilo's Playhouse is on the way out as of July 31st. The remaining arcades are on borrowed time in my opinion.

Dave
I assume you mean the remaining ones at the other resorts. I knew of the closing of Lilo’s but I was interested to see if the original post meant there was something else going on there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter