Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. I'm not staying at the Poly but I have a question I'm hoping you can help out with as I've never been there before.
My friend and I have almost the whole day free before our late flights. We are going to get some breakfast at Captain Cook's and check out the Poly. (We are staying at the Contemporary -- also for the first time).

We'd like to grab food to go and eat somewhere pretty on the property. Any recommendations of a nice spot, either with a view or someplace relaxing? Indoors or out. Even a nice sofa or seating area that's not crowded will be nice.

Also, what should we not miss? It will be December so we'll be sure to check out the decorations.

Thanks so much!

Hi Poly friends! I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with requesting a microwave in the room (we are in the regular Poly rooms, not DVC, which I know comes with a microwave). Someone in our party needs it for a medical need. We had our travel agent add it to our requests, and I know they are requested (not guaranteed). Thanks!

We were at the Poly the last week of June and had no problem getting a microwave for our resort room.

I just called housekeeping from the room phone once we arrived and requested one. It was delivered quickly and fit nicely on the counter over the refrigerator.

Hope you have a similar experience.

:)

Question. I still have my credit card information from 2 years ago on my MDE app, that I used for purchases that got charged to the magic band.

Will I be asked at check in to give a credit card for this or will they use something on file?

I ask because I might want another card linked and was gonna change it on MDE

Question. I still have my credit card information from 2 years ago on my MDE app, that I used for purchases that got charged to the magic band.

Will I be asked at check in to give a credit card for this or will they use something on file?

I ask because I might want another card linked and was gonna change it on MDE
If you check in at the front desk, they’ll ask you for a card. If you do online check in, whatever card is linked to your profile will be the one used (unless you go to the front desk and have them change it).

We arrive next Wednesday and I requested a microwave. My DS still has some food allergies and I like to make him Rice Krispie treats that are dairy free since he can’t have the ones in the park.

The last time we went 5 years ago, I request it at check in and told them it was because my son had food allergies and it was not a problem. This time I went thru the TA and she requested it but told me to ask at check in.

We are not DVC, just regular standard rooms! Oh we are doing 5 nights at BC first and I requested one for there too.

We also did a split stay at the Beach Club for our June trip and wanted a microwave in the room too.

I called housekeeping from the room once we transferred from the Poly and a microwave was delivered.

Enjoy your trip!

We are on the way home from a fabulous Poly stay. The weather was great with just one really rainy day yesterday.

Had lots of Dole Whips which are my favorite. Found out I do not like the Lapu Lapu. This was my first time finally trying it and it was too strong. Me and DH shared it at dinner and it knocked my socks off!!

I could not find the torch lighting ceremony on the schedule but they are still doing it if anyone was wondering.

We enjoyed the pools, campfires and even did some Just Dance last night. Too fun!

The monorail was very reliable this trip which was nice. Only
took the boat once.

CMs sweet and helpful as always and housekeeping did a great job. Even got a few towel animals.

View attachment 338415 View attachment 338416

Had a great stay and can’t wait to come back.

@Summer2018 and @hereforthechurros i hope you are having a great time.

I will post as well on the Poly CL page with some room and lounge pics!
Great to hear your stay was everything you had hoped for! We’ve been back for a few days but so busy with work and friends in town so haven’t had much time to reflect yet but we enjoyed our time for sure :) Poly has everything.

I also didn’t love the Lapu Lapu! I mean it’s so fun but the drink itself wasn’t my style and it leaked everywhere. Frosty pineapple from Barefoot Pool Bar is the way to go:hyper:

Didn’t see a reply on the current size of the twilight feast from a few pages back. Has anyone ordered it recently that can compare it to the 40.00 version?
I never had the pleasure of ordering the $40 version but the $50 version we had last week could have easily fed three adults.

Interesting to note though... when I called in room dining to place the order they asked if I had ever ordered the feast before to which I stated no. When they delivered the food the CM mentioned that because I had never had it before they included more food and if I were to order it again tomorrow there wouldn’t be as much food. Not sure why this is the case but use that info at will!

I never had the pleasure of ordering the $40 version but the $50 version we had last week could have easily fed three adults.

Interesting to note though... when I called in room dining to place the order they asked if I had ever ordered the feast before to which I stated no. When they delivered the food the CM mentioned that because I had never had it before they included more food and if I were to order it again tomorrow there wouldn’t be as much food. Not sure why this is the case but use that info at will!

That's really strange good for you but strange that they would do that.

Just checked out today. We stayed in Fiji and received shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, 2 bar soaps, mouth wash, aloe vera gel, shower cap and a small box with cotton rounds and q tips :)
We got new toiletries every day except for one. When DH requested one tube of conditioner, we received six shampoos and conditioners! We found out that DD got aloe gel in her room, but we didn’t. Fortunately we didn’t get sunburned, so it didn’t matter.

Hi! My family (hubby, 9 year old daughter, 5 year old son, and me!) Sept 1-8 in a standard view DVC studio. We are doing the MNSSHP on the 7th and have park hoppers for five days. Any recommendations on room requests? Any special activities on property for Labor Day? This will be our first stay at the Poly, we have stayed at BC (LOVED IT!!) SSR, POR and Pop.
Thanks

We'll be there 8/29-9/3! I have a 9 yo daughter as well maybe they'll be pool friends!

Great to hear your stay was everything you had hoped for! We’ve been back for a few days but so busy with work and friends in town so haven’t had much time to reflect yet but we enjoyed our time for sure :) Poly has everything.

I also didn’t love the Lapu Lapu! I mean it’s so fun but the drink itself wasn’t my style and it leaked everywhere. Frosty pineapple from Barefoot Pool Bar is the way to go:hyper:
Yes! I'll take a frosty pineapple any time!!

Glad you had a great trip!

Hi all. I'm not staying at the Poly but I have a question I'm hoping you can help out with as I've never been there before.
My friend and I have almost the whole day free before our late flights. We are going to get some breakfast at Captain Cook's and check out the Poly. (We are staying at the Contemporary -- also for the first time).

We'd like to grab food to go and eat somewhere pretty on the property. Any recommendations of a nice spot, either with a view or someplace relaxing? Indoors or out. Even a nice sofa or seating area that's not crowded will be nice.

Also, what should we not miss? It will be December so we'll be sure to check out the decorations.

Thanks so much!
Right outside of Captain Cooks are some tables and chairs. Those have a view of the pool and lake(and magic kingdom I think?) I think sitting there is nice. For Christmas time they have a beautiful tree in the lobby.

Have a great trip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter