Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVC point of sale guarantees a pool and some sort of dining. Doesn't have to be the feature pool, doesn't have to be any particular kind of restaurant. But something will be open. So we won't know for sure until Disney tells us.
Sorry I just re-read the DVC POS for Poly and it gives Disney more flexibility than the earlier DVC properties. Technically, they have the right to withhold everything at Poly.

My TA seems to feel it will be enough to disrupt what would have been a dream stay. I checked the time stamp on her email to me letting me know (I wasn't in email at the time), and it was even before Blog Mickey posted it. Pondering BLT or BWV now.

Let's not forget that before COVID all signs seemed to point to Disney being on the verge of re-doing the Poly resort side rooms later this year. It was time (current resort rooms are 2013'ish vintage) and they had done a small set of test rooms last fall, with the apparent influences from Moana (see hallway pics attached). Way before COVID CL rooms were not bookable for much of fall 2020 and I had heard Hawaii was going to be the first longhouse taken offline Oct'ish for renovations (take that with a grain of salt of course, construction info is always susceptible to rumors and bad info).

I guess if we believe their announcements, this is what they will be working on between now and next summer.

Attachments

• IMG_2109.JPEG
    IMG_2109.JPEG
    77.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2113.JPEG
    IMG_2113.JPEG
    57.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2105.JPEG
    IMG_2105.JPEG
    59.3 KB · Views: 134
TTC would still be open though, right? If the monorail is still an option for the other two Bay Lake resorts, we should still be able to pick it up there?

Presumably yes, since this appears to just be a Poly station closure. Since the Poly villa longhouses are on the TTC side of the resort, it's not the total end of the world that the Poly station is closed since the TTC is an option (although not ideal, of course).

Not sure exactly what they are up to, but if you've ever glanced over to the other side of the monorail platform - the side that serves as the emergency exit platform and stairs for the Express Monorail - it doesn't appear to be in the best shape. Not that I'm a construction expert, but definitely looks like time for repainting/maintenance and such, IMO.

Hopefully whatever they are up to is short lived.

Can someone please help those with a DVC reservation understand what is / is not available with the rest of the resort not open (and not opening now until next summer) as compared to normal? Main pool still open? Dining impacts? Main lodge/lobby impacts? Monorail availability? Will we notice many differences elsewhere around the resort? Thanks for any input.
If it follows other refurbs this will be a dynamic list, changing as the remodel goes through phases so anyone staying DVC should check in here every once in a while prior to their trip to see what's closed and what's running. Fwiw they didn't mention anything about redoing the pools.

TTC would still be open though, right? If the monorail is still an option for the other two Bay Lake resorts, we should still be able to pick it up there?
The Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower are on Bay lake, Poly and Grand Floridian are on Seven Seas Lagoon.

100%

But, imho it's also a sign they expect things to get better in fairly short order since they're willing to spend money next fiscal year upgrading the hotel vs letting it sit dormant.

It's actually a financially responsible decision - knock out a big project at once. It's also less disruptive to both guests and the workers.

But we ate at Ohana on March 16th - and our server worked banquets and at Ohana. We felt for him and he is likely really hurting at this point. Those are the ones in Orlando that are the most vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter