Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! This renovation is nothing compared to that one! Do you remember when Capt. Cook’s was temporarily moved to the employee cafeteria?! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Haha - that’s right... that was such a disaster! A lot of fun, but still a mess!

I wasn’t around here much back then, I cringe at what must have been said at the time!

Are there any recreation or activities at the resort now? Like the hula lessons, campfires, movies?

Are there any recreation or activities at the resort now? Like the hula lessons, campfires, movies?

Movies on select nights, yes. Campfires and Hula Lessons, no.

There are pool games and various arts/crafts (eg tie dye shirts, Hawaiian necklace making, etc) in the afternoons (some arts and crafts are $). They don’t print a schedule but will usually have it written on a board by the pool when the recreation CM sets up for the day.

Thank you! We're going for a spontaneous adults only trip in two weeks and haven't booked yet. We've always wanted to stay at Poly but were unsure due to the construction. :)

If it makes you feel any better, my husband and I stayed at the Poly on our one and only adults-only trip back in August, 2014. At that time, the whole lobby was under renovation and much of the resort was torn up. The Lava Pool wasn’t even open. We still had a magical time. I went back and forth so many times on changing our resort, but we got such a great rate and we both always wanted to stay there. We’ve been back a few times since because we loved our first stay there - construction and all - so much. Enjoy!

Thank you! We're going for a spontaneous adults only trip in two weeks and haven't booked yet. We've always wanted to stay at Poly but were unsure due to the construction. :)

We were there over New Years and had a great time, as always. I will say, it might not be the best time for someone who wants things absolutely perfect or who goes in ‘looking for problems’. If you have more of a go with the flow attitude and can appreciate the beauty of the setting, the grounds, what amenities are open, the overall wonderful vibe of the Poly, and not having it be exactly perfect, then there is still much magic to be found, IMO. The lower occupancy and quiet mood around the grounds right now is kind of nice.

Is all that work and construction behind some facade so it's not the first thing guests see when they go?

The Poly entrance/guard house is towards the “right” side of the resort if looking at it “head on” - if that makes sense. When you drive in, you can either take an immediate right to park in front of Pago Pago (which is being used as the temporary front desk) or park to the left in front of the bus stop area. You don’t really go in the area where this construction is the most visible.

While you can see it from afar, it’s not “in your face” when you pull in and generally speaking, most of your Poly experience on a day to day basis will be “inward” into the resort rather than “outward” where all of this is currently going on. Although you will see longhouse work going on on the three longhouses on the GF side of the resort at the moment. Eventually that will move over to the longhouses in the ‘middle’ of the resort closest to the DVC longhouses. Think scaffolding, some workers going back/forth, general construction comings/goings.

Kinda hard to explain in words.

We were there over New Years and had a great time, as always. I will say, it might not be the best time for someone who wants things absolutely perfect or who goes in ‘looking for problems’. If you have more of a go with the flow attitude and can appreciate the beauty of the setting, the grounds, what amenities are open, the overall wonderful vibe of the Poly, and not having it be exactly perfect, then there is still much magic to be found, IMO. The lower occupancy and quiet mood around the grounds right now is kind of nice.

We stayed at Caribbean when it was being renovated a few years ago and we're not too picky. We just hope for the general ambiance to be the same. Disney is usually pretty awesome at "disguising" a lot of reno work, but with it being our first time we weren't sure if it would give the feel we're looking for. We don't leave Disney property, so as long as it's more of an as you come in type deal we won't even notice :)

I have visited the Poly probably at least a dozen times to dine there or shop; I finally am staying there in early May! Don't care that it's partially under construction, this is a dream come TRUE!!!! ALOHA!!! It's for my boyfriend's 50th Birthday and he was born and raised in Hawaii- and he's never stayed on site at WDW- he is going to LOVE IT! So excited!!!! We are staying in a DVC studio- tell me I will love it. I will say I have stayed at Aulani 6 times, so I know how great Disney can do a Polynesian theme! :)

Checking into the Poly on Friday. Are bell services available and if so with the emphasis on contactless payments, do you add tip to your bill or still tip in cash?

Is the path to MK open early and is it well lit? I like to run and TTC-Poly-GF-MK would be a great route. I run either late or early...after 9pm or before 6am.

I used to do GF-poly-TTC and the path was well lit after 9pm. I was just afraid of stepping on a gator 🐊 of it was really dark. 😳😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter