Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. I always give them my requests when I book.

Hm. I just called Pop Century and the lady who answered the phone said to call back when I'm 10 days out from my trip. Does that sound right?

Any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. I always give them my requests when I book.

This.

Plus requests are ALWAYS just that. Unless you NEED to book an accessible room (which most likely would have a King bed), they will not guarantee you a king bed. If that is a deal-breaker, you'd need to change to a Moderate, which would allow you to book King as a category.

Have to say I've never heard of a hotel that didn't have the option of two double beds. Hard to believe the entire resort only has the Murphy bed or single king bed option.

Are any of the other resorts like this, with only those two choices?
I’m confused why you would want double beds.

This.

Plus requests are ALWAYS just that. Unless you NEED to book an accessible room (which most likely would have a King bed), they will not guarantee you a king bed. If that is a deal-breaker, you'd need to change to a Moderate, which would allow you to book King as a category.

Agreed, I have never received my requests at Pop. I'm sure it's just my luck lol. But I just expect it now and know that it's to be expected.

Have to say I've never heard of a hotel that didn't have the option of two double beds. Hard to believe the entire resort only has the Murphy bed or single king bed option.

Are any of the other resorts like this, with only those two choices?

The All Stars that haven't been renovated yet will have two doubles, Art of Animation Little Mermaid rooms, and then of course the moderates and deluxes. The two queens are now now the standard at Pop and the renovated rooms in the All Stars.

Personally i'd much rather have a queen over a double. My Dad and my husband slept on the murphy beds on different trips and had no complaints at all.

I've read conflicting info, but does anyone know for sure if a twin size air mattress will fit in the new rooms? TIA!

I've read conflicting info, but does anyone know for sure if a twin size air mattress will fit in the new rooms? TIA!
I saw a post on one of the facebook groups. Someone said a twin mattress fits in the 2 queen bedroom but it's really tight and blocking the door. Maybe not a good idea if it's blocking the door.

Last edited:
I am not sure if they changed the number of King rooms with the renovation, or moved some locations, but just for a point of reference according the map on post 2 of the Pop renovation thread and what is on touring plans, the room we stayed in was supposed to be a King room, but had the queen and murphy bed combo.
would you mind sharing what room you were in? Yours is the first instance I’ve heard of of a previous
King room being changed into 2 Queens. We are tracking the layouts plus bathroom layouts in a separate thread to assist guests with what room to request.

There is a Pop Renovations thread and within the past week or so someone has posted a pic of a (double high) twin mattress in a renovated room with the pull down bed down. It blocks the fridge and door but should be easy to move in an emergency.

would you mind sharing what room you were in? Yours is the first instance I’ve heard of of a previous
King room being changed into 2 Queens. We are tracking the layouts plus bathroom layouts in a separate thread to assist guests with what room to request.

There is a Pop Renovations thread and within the past week or so someone has posted a pic of a (double high) twin mattress in a renovated room with the pull down bed down. It blocks the fridge and door but should be easy to move in an emergency.

I will go look for that thread! Thanks!

Sorry @grumpy28, I just tried to look again and couldn’t find what I was referencing. Please let me know if you find it. If not I will look again tomorrow when I’m not just using my phone.

Sorry @grumpy28, I just tried to look again and couldn’t find what I was referencing. Please let me know if you find it. If not I will look again tomorrow when I’m not just using my phone.

I found the renovations thread and scrolled back as far as May 31, and didn't see it. Please post if you find it tomorrow! And thank you so much for all your help! :)

I posted in that thread but didn’t think to mention the discrepancy. I was given the room number before we could check in and went to look at what the view was on touring plans and had a mild panic attack when I saw king bed (we were 2 adults and 2 kids). But when we got in it had the queen and Murphy bed. It was room 6422.

I posted in that thread but didn’t think to mention the discrepancy. I was given the room number before we could check in and went to look at what the view was on touring plans and had a mild panic attack when I saw king bed (we were 2 adults and 2 kids). But when we got in it had the queen and Murphy bed. It was room 6422.
Thanks so much!!

That happened to me one time with touring plans also. They didn't have the room listed correctly on their website. Email webmaster@touringplans.com with the correct room info so they can update the information on their website.

It's also quite possible it has always been 2 beds but it was mis-labeled on Touring Plans' maps. Wouldn't be the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter