Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We left a green & black stroller by the stairs of Pop Buliding 1. The stairs closest to luggage. Free to whoever wants it! It’s a Summer Infant 3D Lite.

If I order from Amazon Prime now and wait in the lobby to sign for the order, will bell services take it to my room or is there a cart to use? I have not stayed value before and not sure what service is available since most motels have no such service some provide carts.

Thanks I had a feeling that was the case. I think they will be fine where we are at A0A but figured since I had built in a resort day maybe we can Pool hop. We will be heading AKL as well I think they will love the pool there. This is their last Disney stay for a few years. :sad1:
Sorry, swimming in any pools other than the resort you are staying at is not allowed. Although enticing, the people at AKL and other resorts pay for those pools (and more) through the higher price of their rooms.

To follow up... contacted GM of Pop yesterday after reading about it here. Let him know about poor housekeeping.

I had a call this morning and they are giving me a $50 gift card...what they would have given had I denied housekeeping the entire time! I was floored...

The man I talked to was super personable, and addressed everything I said....good and bad!

Very impressive!!

I’m hoping through this new form of contact they will be able to address some of the more consistent challenges people are having.

The one I hope they review is how the fooors are cleaned. While ours was okay in Jan, numerous people have found their floors feeling gritty even when they check in. I would really like to see them add a good, wet floor cleaning to the prep before new guests arrive.

If I order from Amazon Prime now and wait in the lobby to sign for the order, will bell services take it to my room or is there a cart to use? I have not stayed value before and not sure what service is available since most motels have no such service some provide carts.
I don't know if there are carts for you to use, but I have called from my room at Pop Century to request that my Amazon Prime Now order be delivered to my room. It can take a while if they're busy so be prepared to wait/don't expect immediate delivery. You'll need to be in your room for delivery. On occasion (don't plan on this), they have delivered our Amazon Prime Now/other grocery order to our room while we've been out at the parks! That was a nice surprise!

Sorry, swimming in any pools other than the resort you are staying at is not allowed. Although enticing, the people at AKL and other resorts pay for those pools (and more) through the higher price of their rooms.

She is doing a split stay at AOA and AKL (see here) which may have been misconstrued in her post. I hope her kiddos enjoy the surprise of a split stay!

We moved from our absolutely perfect old room in building 4 to a pretty good room in building 3. We are in 3160. It is on the end closest to building 4 in 60’s and honestly very close to our old room. We can see a sliver of lake (which doesn’t matter - just wanted quiet) but whereas before we were second from end of hall it was furthest away from everything so virtually no one walked past our room. Now our room is on the end where everyone on our side of the building walks by. Also the area where they use noisy carts to haul linens is nearby. The noise isn’t that bad but greatly increased from our old room. The good news is I think we are closer to main building and both 50 and 60’s pools (well a tad further from 60’s. ). Love being on first floor still. Our room was very clean on checkin. Requested extra towels and blankets and they came within 5 minutes.
Tour busses just dropped off large numbers of kids which completely clogged the checkin area. Fortunately our moving day was yesterday so I didn’t need to go over there into that massive crowd. I saw a lot of the kids from big tour groups in cafeteria this morning and they were pretty chill. Tomorrow morning might be a bit more lively. Some kind of World Dance thing seems to be wrapping up soon too. Those girls were pretty chill too honestly.

I don't know if there are carts for you to use, but I have called from my room at Pop Century to request that my Amazon Prime Now order be delivered to my room. It can take a while if they're busy so be prepared to wait/don't expect immediate delivery. You'll need to be in your room for delivery. On occasion (don't plan on this), they have delivered our Amazon Prime Now/other grocery order to our room while we've been out at the parks! That was a nice surprise!
Okay, thanks. But I think that I have to sign for the order at the lobby if it has alcohol. Is that right?

Do all the refurbished rooms now only have showers without a tub? Seems like that would be a problem for families with small children.

All the things you mentioned is the lipstick. It is okay, if I ever go back, i will stay off disney property for half the price at an actual hotel. When you factor in that the rooms are in a disconnected building from the lobby, and are super tiny, no room service, and really is just a remodeled holiday inn from the 1970s, it's really just an old motel. I think pop century is great for high school seniors that have no money and low standards. My analogy would be it is a v6 mustang. Sure it had a backseat, and yes it's a mustang, but it has no power. If you are use to speed, it just doesn't do it for you. But despite all my complaints with the actual building and room, the bed was comfortable. It really was the lack of service that ruined pop century for me. If you know what you want and are fine with self service, it is fine. My pop century experience was ruined in the first 15 minutes, when I was ignored when I was in a rush. It was furthered ruined when i could not drop off my luggage after checking in. When i look back to other vacations, when i arrived at the hotel i was greeted at my car, my bags were taken to my room, ect. I didn't use any of the pools, I didn't see any of the lakes. All I wanted was a good welcome and a nice bed. I dont think I ever was greeted with a welcome back. And the one time I went to use a bus to get home, I missed it. The other times, I had to wait 30 minutes. I rather just get my own car and drive. I travel a lot for work, and am use to a certain level of class the pop century did not provide. I never got a hello when I walked in the front door. When I asked for more towels, they didn't bring it. Guest services is non existent at this hotel. My guess is that you dont need that, not value it. That's cool. But there is a 5 star hotel right outside of disney that gives mich more service. There are hotels half the price outside of disney that do have service.

Why not? Pop has Luggage Assistance that will store bags for you and bring them to your room later.

Are all of the rooms refurbished now? I think I read that they are but wanted to be sure. Thanks!

She is doing a split stay at AOA and AKL (see here) which may have been misconstrued in her post. I hope her kiddos enjoy the surprise of a split stay!

Yes we are split staying that's what I meant by heading to AKL after AOA, I wasn't trying to shirk the system which is why I asked the question here in the 1st place. I know some resorts do share pools so I was wondering if this was the situation with POP/AOA.

Thanks esmee I think they will so looking forward to it. :D

Last edited:
Yes we are split that's what I meant by heading to AKL after AOA I wasnt trying to shirk the system which is why I asked the question here in the 1st place. I know some resorts do share pools so I was wondering if this was the situation with POP/AOA.

Thanks esmee I think they will so looking forward to it. :D
The ones I know for sure share are por/pofq and yc/bc

Since it looks like we'll be getting one of the Murphy bed rooms, does anybody have any advice on what to do with the chairs for the table when you pull down the bed? Do they fit pretty well somewhere else in the room so they're not in the way?

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter