Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Star Wars Land is opening in August, I wonder if the Skyliner will also open by then? I hope so! Imagine getting to DHS by gondola. I mean, Disney said SWGE will open in "fall", and "fall" turns out to mean August! The gondola is also opening in "fall", so what's to say it won't open then? I'm not planning on taking the gondola, I just want to see it running!

Is anyone on site? Is the hotel full? Empty? Trying to gauge how full the hotel is so we can figure out breakfast wait times and bus times when we arrive in a week

Is anyone on site? Is the hotel full? Empty? Trying to gauge how full the hotel is so we can figure out breakfast wait times and bus times when we arrive in a week

We typically go in late August (lower park crowds) and Christmas/New Years week (through the roof park crowds).

Pop, bus wait times, and lines in the foodcourt, always seem the same, no matter what time of year it is. It’s a happening place, but we generally don’t find long waits. The foodcourt gets busy from approximately 8:30am-10:30am. Check the app when you are there to see bus arrival times to each park.

Just finished a week long stay at Pop. Overall we really liked it and I think it'll be my first choice for our next trip.

What I liked:

The overall decor of the resort is very fun. I bet I would've had a blast there as a kid. Even as an adult I loved the atmosphere.

The rooms feel much less sterile in person. I appreciated the hard floors vs carpet. I liked being able to put the second bed back into the wall for more space. Our room was also very quiet. Being on the 4th floor probably helped that.

The beds were extremely comfortable!! On our previous trip, we stayed at Riverside, and I remember thinking the beds felt like college dorm mattresses. But these beds were very nice.

The lighting in the bathroom was good and I appreciated all the counter space.

Getting a bus from the resort was never a problem, and we never had that long of a wait. At peak times they seemed to send buses more frequently, which was appreciated.

We were in the 90s section and it was very convenient to cut across the parking lot to get to the main building. We also liked being so close to the computer pool.

The food court was just ok, but it was never crowded when we went and it was a nice quick way to eat an early dinner before heading to the parks for the night.

What I didn't like:

As much as I liked having the hard floors, they weren't very clean when we checked in. Picked up a lot of dust/dirt just walking around in our socks. Thankfully mousekeeping stepped it up and we had clean floors for the rest of the trip.

The room is TINY and even tinier with both beds down. It was fine for just the two of us but I can't imagine fitting any more than that.

The pocket door to the toilet/shower area was very easy to accidentally slam and very loud.

The nozzles kept falling off the shampoo/conditioner/body wash bottles and I had to pump like crazy to get anything out. Having them suspended at such a weirdly low height was annoying too. I would've liked having more shelf space in the shower as well.

The headboard light of the murphy bed was burnt out :( minor thing but still a little disappointing.

The walk from the Pop bus to the parks was lonngggg in general, but the walk to/from HS..... That was just awful. It'll be interesting to see how that changes once they get all that construction done.

Still, like I said, we had a great time at Pop and I look forward to staying there again someday :)

Staying at pop for the first time in ages and I have a few questions so I know what else to pack.

1- Do the disposable coffee cups have lids? Or roughly what size are the cups? I know this is silly but DH likes his coffee to go, and doesn’t want a refillable mug (and I’m in the habit of putting a lid on anything I can with my 2 yo on the loose)

2- Grocery items at Everything Pop- Can anyone tell me roughly how much these items are? I usually place a grocery order so I don’t think to look in the shops.

(assuming they’re available, ballpark idea- DH thinks walking back and forth to food courts for milk for 2yo is a fun way to spend vacation :sad2:)

Milk- smallest container (we will barely go through a quart)
Bread-
Uncrustable (can I buy a few individually somewhere besides a park?) -

Thanks!

As much as I liked having the hard floors, they weren't very clean when we checked in. Picked up a lot of dust/dirt just walking around in our socks. Thankfully mousekeeping stepped it up and we had clean floors for the rest of the trip.
We noticed the opposite. When we checked in (Monday, 2/25) and for the next several days, our room was kept immaculately clean and perfectly restocked (towels, coffee/creamer, etc.). I walked around room in white socks and they stayed fairly white! On our final two days which were over the weekend, it seemed that cleanliness had declined a bit and we had to call the front desk to restock the coffee. It may be luck of the draw who you get from mousekeeping during your stay.

but the walk to/from HS..... That was just awful. It'll be interesting to see how that changes once they get all that construction done.

Disney Skyliner DHS Station wil be closer to the DHS turnstiles than ANY Resort buses so POP/AoA/CBR/DRR Guests will have a HUGE advantage.

Some parts of the new DHS Bus Depot will still be a LONG way away.

No announcement has been made as to if POP will continue to run buses to DHS and Epcot once Skyliner becomes operational.

Disney Skyliner DHS Station wil be closer to the DHS turnstiles than ANY Resort buses so POP/AoA/CBR/DRR Guests will have a HUGE advantage.

Some parts of the new DHS Bus Depot will still be a LONG way away.

No announcement has been made as to if POP will continue to run buses to DHS and Epcot once Skyliner becomes operational.

I hope they continue to run buses, even if on a more limited basis. The skyliner scares me. :scared:

I hope they continue to run buses, even if on a more limited basis. The skyliner scares me. :scared:
At this point,if I had to guess,I would guess they will continue to run buses to DHS and Epcot,but not as often and,just my conjecture,combine CBR and POP and AoA into one route.

If they don't at least drastically reduce the number of buses used,they will "defeat" the main purpose of Disney Skyliner.

I do think a LARGE percentage of Guests are planning on using the Skyliner,even if a little apprehensive,because of the time-savings over the buses and the "novelty" of it.

Time will tell.

If I have connecting rooms, should I leave 2 separate mousekeeping envelopes or just 1 for both rooms?

Now that Star Wars Land is opening in August, I wonder if the Skyliner will also open by then? I hope so! Imagine getting to DHS by gondola. I mean, Disney said SWGE will open in "fall", and "fall" turns out to mean August! The gondola is also opening in "fall", so what's to say it won't open then? I'm not planning on taking the gondola, I just want to see it running!

We’ll be there September 8-14 and while I could care less about SWGE, I am hoping the Skyliner will be running. I think it will be awesome to hop on it and get off back by World Showcase!

We just returned today. :-( Pop didn’t feel too crowded til yesterday when a bunch of dance teams and school groups checked in, and then everything seemed pretty busy. (And loud, especially last night.)

Lines for buses were super long in the mornings all last week, too, even before the large groups got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter