Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not remember what site I was on but if it helps. I did read that end of April begging of may have rooms done ready to be reserved. (i have been on about 20 sites in the last 48 hours) so no I can not find this information.

Touringplans.com has a room finder section where you can search for king beds and other choices like what your rack rate is or noise level or distance to transportation is. It gives you the best options for what you want. You can even see the view from the room. It will request the room 5 days out for you. I have done it twice now and gotten the rooms I requested.

Great point, the room finder section is an incredibly useful tool. I don't want to think how much time I spent clicking room to room, checking the view, lol. The only thing I wish it had was filter option for connecting rooms. If Len made that addition, the room finder would be perfect!

Also, great you've gotten the room you wanted with the email request option. We have two rooms booked and the only request we put in, hoping it will increase our chance, is connecting rooms. Does the email request option allow that? Any other suggestion, for increasing our chances for our request? We booked a 7am flight hoping that getting to the POP early will increase our chances.

Great point, the room finder section is an incredibly useful tool. I don't want to think how much time I spent clicking room to room, checking the view, lol. The only thing I wish it had was filter option for connecting rooms. If Len made that addition, the room finder would be perfect!

Also, great you've gotten the room you wanted with the email request option. We have two rooms booked and the only request we put in, hoping it will increase our chance, is connecting rooms. Does the email request option allow that? Any other suggestion, for increasing our chances for our request? We booked a 7am flight hoping that getting to the POP early will increase our chances.

Yes having the option to have or not have connecting rooms would be great. I relooked today at the views for building 8 to see if I would like one of them. Nope I will stick with the view I picked. Plus I am going with my sister. I don't want to share a bed and a pull down bed doesn't sound comfortable or easy to do at the end of the day as much as a new room would be.

I think the only way to add connecting rooms is to put it in the notes section. Plus when you look through the room picture it gives if it is a connecting room or not.

Yes having the option to have or not have connecting rooms would be great. I relooked today at the views for building 8 to see if I would like one of them. Nope I will stick with the view I picked. Plus I am going with my sister. I don't want to share a bed and a pull down bed doesn't sound comfortable or easy to do at the end of the day as much as a new room would be.

I think the only way to add connecting rooms is to put it in the notes section. Plus when you look through the room picture it gives if it is a connecting room or not.

I'm not saying you should change your plans, but you might be surprised by the pull down beds. Assuming they're the same as the ones at AoA, they have an 8" thick mattress that's more comfortable than the hard-as-rock mattress on the queen-size bed in the bedroom. My adult son has slept on the pull down bed at AoA for two different 7-night stays and he said that bed is more comfortable than most hotel beds he's slept in over the years. And all that's involved in setting it up is to move the chairs out of the way and grab one of the handles to pull it down. You can literally do it with one finger. The bed is completely made up already and you can crawl right in!

Any idea what section they will be working on end of May?

Currently I've heard they are working on rooms 25-48 on all 4 floors of the 90's building which is basically 1 wing of that building. Each set of room refurbishments is scheduled to take 3 weeks so this first set of rooms should be completed around Sunday, March 26th as they started them on Monday, March 6th.

Assuming (and we all know what that can do!) they continue the refurbishments within the 90's building, the next groups of rooms should be from:
March 27 - April 16
April 17 - May 7

All going well I would guess the 90's building should have it's refurbishments completed by mid-May.

Which building they move to next is anyone's guess. I would anticipate it would be one of the 80's buildings but this is purely a guess on my part based on the layout of the resort.

Should the renovations go at the pace they're scheduled to and if they move from one group to the next without a break, you should be able to know what area they're working on a week or 2 before your trip.

Do you know when this is? We are trying to plan for the first week of June and cannot settle on resort choice.

First week of June should be fine (unless there is some other event going on)...there are three different sessions of Dance the World that run from the third week of June through about the second week of July. Our dates are July 6-10 (the last session).
Those are the only dates I know for sure...and it seems there is usually a 4-5 day break between sessions...

You guys are the best!! I did buy a touring plans subscription because mousesavers had a discount code and $13 seemed worth it to plan park days better. I did not realize that they would also generate a room request fax! I used their room finder and found the perfect room (a king bed room in 60's... there's only one!) and set up the request. I doubt we'll get it but hopefully they will give us a room in the 60's building. :goodvibes The things one learns on DIS!

You guys are the best!! I did buy a touring plans subscription because mousesavers had a discount code and $13 seemed worth it to plan park days better. I did not realize that they would also generate a room request fax! I used their room finder and found the perfect room (a king bed room in 60's... there's only one!) and set up the request. I doubt we'll get it but hopefully they will give us a room in the 60's building. :goodvibes The things one learns on DIS!
I've used the room finder twice and gotten my room request twice. I've even used touringplans to find restaurant reservations cause seriously who plans meals six months in advance? I put in I wanted a specific restaurant at a specific time. I got a text when a reservation became available an do was able to book it. So $13 is TOTALLY worth it!

Last edited:
We check out tomorrow and have a 5 cup coffee maker and almost a full case of water. Would anyone be interested in them?

We'll be at Pop in one week and were wondering if there is hot water availeable in the food court. I was thinking about bringing disposable cups and tea bags from home--could I do that and just get the hot water without paying for it?

We'll be at Pop in one week and were wondering if there is hot water availeable in the food court. I was thinking about bringing disposable cups and tea bags from home--could I do that and just get the hot water without paying for it?

Yes, there is hot water available at the beverage stations and you could make your own tea there.

I've even used touringplans to find restaurant reservations cause seriously who plans meals six months in advance? I put in I wanted a specific restaurant at a specific time. I got a text when a reservation became available an do was able to book it. So $13 is TOTALLY worth it!

The Touring Plans reservation finder is great, and currently it is available for use by anyone; you aren't required to have a subscription. You just need to create a login user name and password for the site.

The Touring Plans reservation finder is great, and currently it is available for use by anyone; you aren't required to have a subscription. You just need to create a login user name and password for the site.
I happily paid for all the things I have used it for. I am a big believer in supporting things that make life easier and less stressful for me. It's good it can be used for free though.

Any covert pics of room renovations? I am in full-on vacation fever mode. Wish my husband was....

I have reservations for the first week in October I'm just wondering what percentage of the rooms will be renovated. I'm not sure if I should request a renovated room, or just see what I get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter