Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here stayed at Pop over Thanksgiving weekend? I'm wondering how crowded the resort and buses will be. We have Riverside booked, but I have Pop on hold. It'll save me $300 to switch to Pop but I am concerned about it being a madhouse.
I'd say go for it. If the bus line looks too long when you want to head to the parks, get an Uber/Lyft if you're comfortable. We did that for both AK & HS and it was only about $7 each time.

We are looking to book over the 4th of July. Anyone with inside it even simi-inside knowledge have an idea or odds on if the SkyLiner will be active yet?

Has anyone here stayed at Pop over Thanksgiving weekend? I'm wondering how crowded the resort and buses will be. We have Riverside booked, but I have Pop on hold. It'll save me $300 to switch to Pop but I am concerned about it being a madhouse.
I agree with all of the replies to this. We’ve stayed at Thanksgiving before and will again this year. The food court is busy at main meal times, but I wouldn’t call it a madhouse. We’ve either been very lucky with buses at Pop or they have more bus service at very busy times as we haven’t ever waited more than 10 minutes at the resort itself (we usually find longer waits at the parks, especially at night, but I think that’s true of just about any resort) - possibly some combination of the two. One of the reasons I love the Pop Century, in fact, is that it has the best bus service of any of thesorts where we’ve stayed (we have never stayed at a moderate, but I don’t enjoy the long waits and stops at other resorts that we encounter at the deluxe resorts).

A friend found it for me. May I send you a PM as I think putting the company name on here is not allowed?

Never noticed a smell at a Disney Resort that reminds me of the property. But alas never been to POP.

Only resort that I can think of where I would love to "bottle the smell" is The Mirage in Las Vegas. Love that scent there and they pump it in strong or atleast they used to.

Never noticed a smell at a Disney Resort that reminds me of the property. But alas never been to POP.

Only resort that I can think of where I would love to "bottle the smell" is The Mirage in Las Vegas. Love that scent there and they pump it in strong or atleast they used to.
DH and I were married in Vegas in 1993 and stayed at the Mirage on our wedding night!!! <3

Heading back to Pop myself in February for a birthday trip. Finally going back after two years (had to forego last year's trip while recovering from surgery and toe amputation).

Needless to say, I'm so looking forward to getting back to WDW once again.

I understand some people don’t like smoke. I truly get it. I just wanted to throw in the fact that “they truly do listen” only applies to nonsmokers. Nonsmokers wants matter and smokers wants do not matter anymore. Within the next couple of years there will be no smoking inside the parks at all because that’s what nonsmokers want. I remember when there were no smoking areas and you could just smoke anywhere (including in your resort room). I had no problem with them making smoking areas, like I said, I get it. But just like everything else, that’s not good enough for people either. Give an inch take a mile type thing. Apparently it’s 100% great news that people can get falling down drunk in every park and every resort now (we even had people drinking alcohol on our bus last year in the morning on the way to the park!) but, God forbid you want a cigarette. The smoking areas will go away and make nonsmokers happy and what smokers want doesn’t matter one iota. When smokers that can’t have a cigarette get extremely grumpy and a drunk runs into your stroller you shouldn’t complain because that’s what was wanted by the masses. So, nonsmokers just smile knowing you will get everything you want because apparently only you matter anymore. Sorry to go on like this but, reading all the complaints a few pages back about smoking sections got me riled up. I really am a nice person.:smokin:
Other people drinking doesn’t impact me or my health other than them being annoying. Other people smoking DOES impact my health with bad allergies to cigarette smoke, and for others it’s potentially life threatening. Us non-smokers could care less if you want to trash your own bodies, but you have no right to affect my health. Sorry for putting it so bluntly, but your rudeness about those who can’t be around smoke got me riled up, I’m normally a nice person too.

Personally I view Pop Management moving the location of the smoking area to somewhere that everyone doesn’t have to walk through to get to the main building IS listening to both smokers and non smokers. If it was only non smokers they were listening to then they’d remove the smoking areas all together.

Last edited:
Other people drinking doesn’t impact me or my health other than them being annoying. Other people smoking DOES impact my health with bad allergies to cigarette smoke, and for others it’s potentially life threatening. Us non-smokers could care less if you want to trash your own bodies, but you have no right to affect my health. Sorry for putting it so bluntly, but your rudeness about those who can’t be around smoke got me riled up, I’m normally a nice person too.

Personally I view Pop Management moving the location of the smoking area to somewhere that everyone doesn’t have to walk through to get to the main building IS listening to both smokers and non smokers. If it was only non smokers they were listening to then they’d remove the smoking areas all together.
I don’t think we are supposed to be talking about this anymore. This thread is for information and tips about pop century.

How does the walk from the Pop bus stop at HS to the park entrance compare with distance from bus stop at Epcot or MK to park entrances?

How does the walk from the Pop bus stop at HS to the park entrance compare with distance from bus stop at Epcot or MK to park entrances?
It is currently further while the new, permanent bus stops are being built. I’ve hear it is a 4-6 min walk at average speed. My friends timed it in Aug and at a normal walking pace where they generally kept up with the rest it was 4 1/2 minutes fir them.

Maybe it's only 4-6 minutes but it felt much much much longer. I didn't actually time it when I was there in August. My younger son also had the misfortune of taking the bus from there twice when a storm approached and dumped rain on them. There's no cover but some umbrellas which were actually knocked over in the wind. My guess is if the weather isn't as hot and it's nice out, the walk doesn't seem as bad. ;)

Anyone at Pop now--can you let me know the colors of the mug lids. We are coming in December and since there are 5 of us I plan to bring some lids in colors that aren't currently available so we all have different colors! Thank!

Anyone at Pop now--can you let me know the colors of the mug lids. We are coming in December and since there are 5 of us I plan to bring some lids in colors that aren't currently available so we all have different colors! Thank!
You might be better to wait and ask this question in November because they may bring out a Christmas mug (hopefully!!) which could change the answer between now and then.

Well then those Christmas cups might be just as scarce as the current Halloween cups seem to be.
Yes, quite true but OP was asking what colour cups are there now.

I had one of the Halloween mugs in my hands as we were there the day they hit the shelves. They may be scarce but when they do hit the shelves hundreds of people pick them up!! I saw Boxes of them disappearing before my eyes. As quickly as they could load the shelves, people were buying them.

Yes, quite true but OP was asking what colour cups are there now.

I had one of the Halloween mugs in my hands as we were there the day they hit the shelves. They may be scarce but when they do hit the shelves hundreds of people pick them up!! I saw Boxes of them disappearing before my eyes. As quickly as they could load the shelves, people were buying them.

Darn really hoping to pick one up on 10/19!!! I actually had one in my hand on 9/6 in Capt Cooks but we were leaving to come home so I didn't buy it. I had no idea I would be returning this soon!

Darn really hoping to pick one up on 10/19!!! I actually had one in my hand on 9/6 in Capt Cooks but we were leaving to come home so I didn't buy it. I had no idea I would be returning this soon!
We arrive 10/23 and are hoping for some Halloween mugs, too, but if there aren't any that day we might just get normal ones. I don't want to sit around waiting for one and be without a mug the whole trip. If they do end up showing up, we may or may not get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter