Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Another way to guarantee connecting rooms would be to remove your boyfriend from the reservation (leaving you as the only adult with too many people for 1 room) and add him at check in. This will only work if you have a room only reservation AND you’re NOT planning on taking Magical Express.
Thinking out loud. Could this backfire? Would Disney book a room where technically the oldest person in the room would be under age? It could be just fine but throwing this question out there.

Not sure what happens with the 15's? Are there enough adults that there is an adult booked in each room? If not then my question is void.

Thinking out loud. Could this backfire? Would Disney book a room where technically the oldest person in the room would be under age? It could be just fine but throwing this question out there.

Not sure what happens with the 15's? Are there enough adults that there is an adult booked in each room? If not then my question is void.

I think there are different "rules" for tour groups. My kids have been to Disney on school music department (band/choir/orchestra) trips and I know the one year my daughter went, everyone in her room was under 15 at check-in. My daughter turned 15 on that trip and she was the oldest one in the room. I think you have to be 18 or older to book a room at Disney (outside of the tour groups) because we always had to book one room under my husband's name even though our oldest was 17 on one of the trips. But it's been about 10 years since we've needed to book 2 rooms so things could have changed since then.

Or, if you booked a package with tickets have your TA remove him from the package. Buy his tickets separately and link them to MDE. As far as Magical Express people have reported being able to buy a ticket at the counter. Worst case scenario he can Uber a ride in. Once you add him at check in at the hotel you can register him with Magical Express for the ride back to the airport free of charge.

DME doesn't cost anything so there's no ticket to "buy". Things might have changed, but 4 or 5 years ago a family member of mine was flying to Disney and was planning to rent a car at the airport. At the last minute (like the morning of his flight I think) he decided not to spend the money on the car and just take DME. He still had to show proof of a room reservation with his name on it before he was allowed to take the bus.

DME doesn't cost anything so there's no ticket to "buy". Things might have changed, but 4 or 5 years ago a family member of mine was flying to Disney and was planning to rent a car at the airport. At the last minute (like the morning of his flight I think) he decided not to spend the money on the car and just take DME. He still had to show proof of a room reservation with his name on it before he was allowed to take the bus.

In order to ride the DME for free your name has to be on the reservation, correct. My answer was to a poster who could potentially be travelling with a person who is not on the reservation upon arrival and therefore would not be eligible to ride the DME for free. In that case I have read from other posters who were not on the reservation, for whatever reason, who were able to buy a ticket from Mears at the airport and ride the DME with their party to Disney.

I’ve read a lot about this recently on other sites, not the DIS. Guests have actually posted pictures of thermometers that show the cooler temps to be around 50 degrees or even higher. These are recent or even current guests reporting this. I’m anxious to know if anyone on the DIS has had problems with the “beverage cooler.” I never had this problem with the regular mini-fridge the rooms used to have before the room renovations.
When we were there in June/July, our beverage cooler did not work at all. Not just a little warmer than a fridge like the sign said, but actually room temperature inside. We called and they never came to fix it (I think they thought we were just complaining because it was not as cold as a fridge) and finally when someone came to do a room check I told them. I hope they replaced it before the next guest came, but who knows?

In order to ride the DME for free your name has to be on the reservation, correct. My answer was to a poster who could potentially be travelling with a person who is not on the reservation upon arrival and therefore would not be eligible to ride the DME for free. In that case I have read from other posters who were not on the reservation, for whatever reason, who were able to buy a ticket from Mears at the airport and ride the DME with their party to Disney.

I understood who you were responding to. I've just never heard of non-resort guests being able to use DME even for a fee. Interesting.

Question on Hippy Dippy Pool. Can kids have floats in the pool? Not talking huge rafts but the circle type. Its been YMMV at different dis resorts. Curious about any actual reports.
Thanks!

Anyone know if they have opened the showers at the Pool Locker Room? When I was there in June they were still closed. I'm thinking of taking a later flight home and like to be fresh before boarding the plane.

Anyone know if they have opened the showers at the Pool Locker Room? When I was there in June they were still closed. I'm thinking of taking a later flight home and like to be fresh before boarding the plane.

I'll answer this way -- at the end of July, in the pool locker room for the Bowling Pool, I didn't notice that the showers were closed. Everything looked accessible in there. So, I think they're available. Or were, anyway...

We stayed in POP for the first time in March 2020 (yep, were there when everything shut down). We loved the skyliner and want to return. We just recently booked a trip for Feb 2022 and POP was not available, so we grabbed a room at AoA. Our preference is still POP and we may be adding our grown kids/significant others if they can join us. How likely is it that rooms at POP will become available? Have people grabbed cancelations successfully? Is this something that I just need to check each day?

I presume the answers are "pretty likely, yes, yes" but figured I'd ask.:)

We stayed in POP for the first time in March 2020 (yep, were there when everything shut down). We loved the skyliner and want to return. We just recently booked a trip for Feb 2022 and POP was not available, so we grabbed a room at AoA. Our preference is still POP and we may be adding our grown kids/significant others if they can join us. How likely is it that rooms at POP will become available? Have people grabbed cancelations successfully? Is this something that I just need to check each day?

It can happen but it will be a matter of being in the right place in the right time. Pop has been sold out until the end of the year for months and I think many people (us included) who are moving their trips that are supposed to be soon, to the new year.

My recommendation is to call in too to try and find availability. Often it shows full online but occasionally a CM can find availability. I find it's worth calling and, being flexible with your dates if possible.

I have been looking at Pop for our dates in Feb (9 to 14)in case friends want to go, and it has not shown availability. Today I was checking and it showed there were rooms available for Pool view.

Thanks for the feedback. I think the difficulty is going to determine the dates. The 'kids' are all in their 20s and we're continually butting up against weddings or bachelorette trips (don't get me started, my son's gf has to go to 3 int'l trips for these parties!?). Our 2020 trip was just us because my d-i-l was in a wedding, we punted on a Nov 2021 trip (covid) and now are hitting another bachelorette trip this go round. Perhaps it'll just be us...again. :)

I was able to snag 1 POP room for potential alternate dates this morning however!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter