Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

1. Yes, luggage services will store and deliver your luggage to your room.
2. Yes, they will also deliver your groceries as long as your order does not include alcohol.
3. Yes, box fans are still available upon request.
So, if I have a grocery delivery with alcohol, can I present my license when I'm checking my bags with luggage services, and then they will deliver my grocery delivery with my luggage when my room is ready?

Dumb question, is luggage assistance not delivering alcohol to your room a Value thing? It's not like that at the deluxes or mods.

I think Pop is the same as any other resort wrt delivering groceries with alcohol. I'm not sure how they'd even know alcohol is included in your order since the Pop CMs don't go through your groceries -- they just know which bags need to be refrigerated. It's possible there was a recent change in process that is why @scrappinginontario included that info in the description earlier. In April, we had groceries with alcohol delivered to our Yacht Club room. I'll be at Pop at the end of July so, if no one beats me to it, I'll report back on whether Pop requires that I pick up my wine!

I don’t think a bus is available in the morn from POP to HS but is available from AoA...?
Also another bus?... Do they always have busses waiting for overcrowding in early morn at the Caribbean Beach central SkyStation?
And what is the Operating Policy adopted for lightning in area ?
Thanks

Correct, no buses to DHS or Epcot from Pop but they are available at AOA. If the Skyliner is shut down for any reason then they will run buses.

I have never seen a bus at the CBR Skyliner stop. I have seen the line snake through the bus stop area in such a way that no vehicles could even go through.

On delivery of alcohol with groceries...when we had an order from Walmart that contained 0.0 alcohol Heinekin we had to be at the front of Coronado springs gran destino tower with my drivers license to prove I was over 21 (I’m 68yo). They wouldn’t leave the order until I produced the drivers license. Even though the item contained no alcohol because it was a beer product this was required.

On delivery of alcohol with groceries...when we had an order from Walmart that contained 0.0 alcohol Heinekin we had to be at the front of Coronado springs gran destino tower with my drivers license to prove I was over 21 (I’m 68yo). They wouldn’t leave the order until I produced the drivers license. Even though the item contained no alcohol because it was a beer product this was required.
I've heard of this with Amazon Prime, as well. With Garden Grocer, you send them your license beforehand, so they will leave it with luggage services.

Yes, different vendors have different arrangements/policies with how they can deliver groceries - some you have to meet them, some can leave at bell services/luggage assistance without guest involvement, etc. But for those that do deliver groceries direct to bell services/luggage assistance (such as Garden Grocer), I have never had Disney not later deliver it to my room due to alcohol (although my stays are generally deluxe and mods). I’m with @Sandi, depending on how it’s packaged they generally wouldn’t know what’s being delivered.

Although I have stayed at POP several times, I haven’t been since Covid. If I have luggage services store my luggage if my room isn’t ready when arrive, can I still call from my room later and have it and my delivered groceries brought to my room (for a tip and delivery fee of course)? Are box fans still available from housekeeping upon request?
I was there a couple weeks ago. We did an order thru Instacart. We had no issues with them delivering to bell services. We called bell services to deliver and was advised that someone needed to be in the room for bell services to deliver.

The information re: alcohol and luggage services is solely based on what people have posted in the former Pop thread as I have never used a grocery service. If we find it's different from what I've posted in the first threads I can easily update it. I'm only going by what was shared in the past.

For now I have changed the post to say that groceries orders that include alcohol may need to be picked up at luggage services.

Anyone know if you have to be present for Publix Delivery? No alcohol.

One answer is: I don't see a mobile order option for Petals on My Disney Experience. I spot checked a few other pool bars, like The Drop Off at AoA, and there's no mobile order option for those, either.
Should have checked that first! Thank you!

This thread is awesome - thanks for all the info! We had decided on a stay at POP for our next trip, which we're getting ready to book for October of 2022 (I know, I know... I like to plan in advance :)) and weren't quite sure which room category to book. The info here made the choice clear. Greatly appreciated! We've decided on a Preferred room, and are going to request either building 3 or 6 to still be close to the Skyliner and the buses, while hopefully being a little quieter than buildings 4 and 5 would be if we were for the Preferred Pool View.
Good luck! We have reservations (3 rooms at Pop) arriving October 31 of this year. I tried just a few days ago to change them to next year and my travel agent said there were no value resorts available. I started looking myself and found nothing the first half of November, October or September. Decided to check out April and nothing there either. We decided to just go ahead and go this year.

Good luck! We have reservations (3 rooms at Pop) arriving October 31 of this year. I tried just a few days ago to change them to next year and my travel agent said there were no value resorts available. I started looking myself and found nothing the first half of November, October or September. Decided to check out April and nothing there either. We decided to just go ahead and go this year.
i would keep looking. I find it hard to believe that all of the almost 3000 rooms at Pop are fully booked 15+ months in advance. I think there must be some sort of a glitch right now.

Saw huge line at Petals tonight (Fridaynight ) at 10p.m....
Loved the thunder&lighting storm today.
I think The SkyLiner is required to wait No lightning for 30 minutes within area but the time frame will start all over again if it is spotted.
Then the entire SkyLiner must cycle thru the system to verify safety.

The Haunted Mansion w/ Leota design is #13

i would keep looking. I find it hard to believe that all of the almost 3000 rooms at Pop are fully booked 15+ months in advance. I think there must be some sort of a glitch right now.
Huge booking confusion issues if Hotels booking windows were before one year advance. I usually book for some holidays exactly of Morn after the date. So New Years morn I would book for example.
Remeber when we thought 11 months seemed like such a far away date to plan for.?
So what hotels or vacation destinations allow booking before the one year time frame? I’ll have to pay closer attention to the calendar if this really is in the system nowadays.

Which reminds me Southwest about to expand any day now...
?June 10th?

I looked this morning, and it appears there are bookings available at POP for Oct 2022, so I'm thinking there was some sort of glitch going on when you and your travel agent were looking. I can see them maybe being sold out on a given night, but can't image the entire resort is booked solid for a month.

I looked this morning, and it appears there are bookings available at POP for Oct 2022, so I'm thinking there was some sort of glitch going on when you and your travel agent were looking. I can see them maybe being sold out on a given night, but can't image the entire resort is booked solid for a month.
Everything is based on your arrival day. I was finally able to book my October trip for 2022 this past Tuesday with an arrival date of October 15th. So at this time, if your arrival is October 18 you can book but if you try to book October 19 it's gonna show no availability because it's beyond the 500 day booking point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter