Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

How much time do you typically set aside to go from POP to the airport, to be on the safer side? I have only gone when DME was still around, and they always told us a time.

My outbound flight will be 6pm on a Thursday, so wondering if it's even worth it to do a half-day at the park. Though of course, this will also require additional time getting back to POP to grab our luggage.

How much time do you typically set aside to go from POP to the airport, to be on the safer side? I have only gone when DME was still around, and they always told us a time.

My outbound flight will be 6pm on a Thursday, so wondering if it's even worth it to do a half-day at the park. Though of course, this will also require additional time getting back to POP to grab our luggage.
To be on the safer side I like to get to the airport about 2 and a half hours before flight time. I figure (to be on the safe side) about 1 hour from POP to MCO.

I also do some park time on departure day. I suggest you leave POP no later than 2:30PM

Will you be driving yourself in a rental car or looking for a bus/ transportation? If you’re using a bus company they normally determine the time similarly to DME.

If you’re driving a rental car which you’ll need to return, if it’s a straight drive to the airport (no stop to refill gas tank) I’d leave about 3 hours for a domestic flight and 4 for international.

I will say when getting to the airport I tend to err on the side of caution. 3 hours for domestic flight snd 4 for international.

We like to arrive at the airport about 2 hours before our flight time - we do have PreCheck and also frequently have priority bag dropoff too. We allow 30-45 minutes to drive from our WDW hotel to MCO, taking the 417 toll road.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to be taking Lyft/Uber to the airport, so hopefully that will be doable. I think leaving the park around 2pm-2:30pm should be safe, and then leave POP at 3pm to arrive at the airport 2-2.5 hours prior to the flight. I do have pre-check, which will definitely help.

Has anyone had any success in requesting an electric water kettle?

Do we know if they are still taking faxed room requests? I know there has been mixed reports on that.

Has anyone had any success in requesting an electric water kettle?

Do we know if they are still taking faxed room requests? I know there has been mixed reports on that.
Kettles are not allowed in rooms as they are a fire hazard. I would recommend calling Pop to ask about tea kettles.

Yes, they are accepting faxed requests. The fax number in post 1 was recently updated.

Last edited:
I tried to find something in writing about small appliances. I couldn’t find what I thought I’d seen in the past so I would recommend calling Pop Century to ask.
I will do that and if I find anything out I will report back. We have had kettles brought to our rooms at UO but I know their policies may not be the same.

I will do that and if I find anything out I will report back. We have had kettles brought to our rooms at UO but I know their policies may not be the same.
Thanks. I know during the time when microwaves were not in the food court that people asked about those and were told no as the rooms are not wired for those. Not sure if it’s the same for kettles?

My daughter makes tea using the coffee maker in the room but not sure if that meets your needs?

If we arrive around 9am (flight lands at 7:30am), is there any chance of getting an early check-in on a Sunday morning?

Though I would prefer a better location over having a early room, my companions might feel different after a long red-eye flight.

If we arrive around 9am (flight lands at 7:30am), is there any chance of getting an early check-in on a Sunday morning?

Though I would prefer a better location over having a early room, my companions might feel different after a long red-eye flight.

I've had my room ready that early before on various days even with my room requests. Last year my room was ready but not where I wanted so I went to the fd and asked for a dif room and she was able to meet my request and the room also happened to be ready.

It's great when it happens after a red eye but I always expect to hit the parks after checking my bags with luggage. I change at the airport and freshen up so I feel human. There's bathrooms that are quieter to do this at mco than pop. I know this doesn't work for everyoneas some want a nap or a shower.

Same situation here. Landing at 7:30 but on a Tuesday. Would be great if our room were ready, but not really expecting it to be. In either case, we'll be hopping on the Skyiner to EPCOT, so it's all good!

We arrived that time about a month ago and I had to go to the desk because of the magic band plus not arriving in time. Anyway the cast member said she would look and see if our room was ready. She was willing to offer us a ready room at that time but we had checked our luggage already and met Daisy who happened to be at the hotel when we arrived and were headed straight to the park so I told her we would keep our assigned room. She did tell me my room was going to be first floor in 50’s which was my request via touringplans so I knew they got that request. It was a room facing the lake but in the section sticking out the back of building 2. Kind of a walk but we really liked the room as it was so quiet.

I've had my room ready that early before on various days even with my room requests. Last year my room was ready but not where I wanted so I went to the fd and asked for a dif room and she was able to meet my request and the room also happened to be ready.

It's great when it happens after a red eye but I always expect to hit the parks after checking my bags with luggage. I change at the airport and freshen up so I feel human. There's bathrooms that are quieter to do this at mco than pop. I know this doesn't work for everyoneas some want a nap or a shower.
The Laundry buildings at the 3 Pop Century Pools have really nice Changing areas and Showers and very often have no one at all in them.(Bowling Pool and Computer Pool especially)

The Laundry buildings at the 3 Pop Century Pools have really nice Changing areas and Showers and very often have no one at all in them.(Bowling Pool and Computer Pool especially)

Having a suitcase I'm trying to minimize how long I need to drag it around and I don't want to stand in the luggage line twice 🙂 Also flyijg from the west coast I want to change out of my jeans ans into shorts much sooner than pop, just too hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter