Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I'm not even going into what exactly it smells like... but I will say that what holds all the smells together is "Odor of Hot Garbage." I have to admit to much prefer the odor of Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter! Here's to not being toooooo authentic! lol Thanks, Animal, for bringing it up...

:p

Anyone that has not gone to NO just does not know... ugh. lol

Hosed down vomit scent? ;)

If we're talking bourbon street... it's worse. Like... rotten everything and vomit... baked in the heat. :crazy2: with a hint of koolaid. :rotfl:

But, to be honest, I go to New Orleans almost every year and that smell is not every area. :-)

When I first went to NO, the smell in parts of the FQ was one of the things that surprised me. And the fact they do hose the streets down in some areas pretty much every morning.

There were lots of good surprises too...and I do love NO.

Geaux Tigers and Who Dat?!

Just have to chime in here. NOLA is my hometown - born and raised. (Yes, the French Quarter does have it own "smell!") We live in South Florida now and are staying at PORFQ for our next trip.

P.S. The beignets at PORFQ are NOTHING like the real thing. Not at all! On the other hand, the pralines at PORFQ are the real deal!

Last edited:
I'm sure this information is somewhere in this thread but with over 370 pages I am certain asking will be more efficient than searching each page.

Do the rooms at French Quarter have a coffee pot in them? If so, is complimentary coffee grounds provided or are guests responsible for bringing their own coffee beans/grounds for use in the coffee pots?

Thanks in advance for the help!! :D

I'm sure this information is somewhere in this thread but with over 370 pages I am certain asking will be more efficient than searching each page.

Do the rooms at French Quarter have a coffee pot in them? If so, is complimentary coffee grounds provided or are guests responsible for bringing their own coffee beans/grounds for use in the coffee pots?

Thanks in advance for the help!! :D
Cuisinart machine (single serve?) with three pouches of joffreys

We're heading down in mid-October and I had to book a split stay with AoA because POFQ wasn't available for our whole stay. Is it possible that something could open up between now and then? I think the kids would enjoy the theming of AoA, but DH would rather stay at just one resort if possible. Thanks!

We're heading down in mid-October and I had to book a split stay with AoA because POFQ wasn't available for our whole stay. Is it possible that something could open up between now and then? I think the kids would enjoy the theming of AoA, but DH would rather stay at just one resort if possible. Thanks!
Of course. Be sure to check third party sites. Sometimes you can find a resort on orbitz that’s not available on Disney World . Com. If you’re staying seven nights, experiment with finding availability for 4 days and then three days, for example.

It's possible, just keep checking. We originally booked CBR for this september as POFQ wasn't available when we booked it Semptember last year. I just kept checking and one day I found a room for our entire trip.

I'm not even going into what exactly it smells like... but I will say that what holds all the smells together is "Odor of Hot Garbage." I have to admit to much prefer the odor of Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter! Here's to not being toooooo authentic! lol Thanks, Animal, for bringing it up...

:p

I went to college about an hour from NO, there was more than one night we'd be sitting around the fraternity house and some one would yell "road trip".
Well about 20 guys would pile into 4-5 cars and off we'd go. If you've never been on Bourbon street at 2:00 am you need to. The sights, sounds and "smells" are really indescribable, I believe that is what pure evil must smell like. You couldn't pay me to do that now, it was fun 30 years ago however.

Oh yeah, driving back in town about 7:00 am and then going to an 8:00 am class is an adventure as well.

Hi guys! We are arriving at POFQ this weekend and I just got an alert from touring plans that they were unable to send the fax to the hotel (for room request)?? What could the issue be? Im so sad!

Time to send the fax yourself...

Thanks for the heads up. I don't leave for about 6 weeks but I'll have a fax ready in case they can't send one.

Hope no one had special memories of the four live oaks between building 3 and 2. They gone. Guess they were unhealthy?

Hope no one had special memories of the four live oaks between building 3 and 2. They gone. Guess they were unhealthy?

I noticed them down on Thursday, they did some dirt work, but never saw the landscapers back over the weekend. Kinda expected them to sod immediately after ripping them out.

So excited ! Booked a 2 night stay in late sept just to go to MNSSHP this year. I have a work conference up in Ft/ Lauderdale & I of course had to figure my way to Disney! POFQ will be resort # 11 for us

So excited ! Booked a 2 night stay in late sept just to go to MNSSHP this year. I have a work conference up in Ft/ Lauderdale & I of course had to figure my way to Disney! POFQ will be resort # 11 for us

I'll bet you'll love it. I was so disappointed the first time we ended up in POFQ, as its theme just didn't appeal to me at all. Boy, was I wrong. DW and I loved it and it has become a favorite. We really like:

- The quiet
- The quick bus trips to MK, DHS, and Epcot
- The FUN boat ride to/from Disney Springs
- The food court being so nice--great menu (prime rib, shrimp and grits!), small crowds, fast service
- The live music in the bar area

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter