Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I am so excited to be staying here for the first time this July. I will be staying in a Royal Room. What are the bus stops like at this resort? Thanks!

There are four, one main stop by the lobby area and three smaller outlying ones. See www.portorleans.org/buses.php for more info.

Also, is this still the type of coffee maker?
coffee maker (new Cuisinart dual-cup type, supplied with free Joffrey's coffee pods)

Yes, these type:

POR-Room-MB-2013b-2821_small.jpg

Andre

Nothing new to add, I just wanted to talk to people who get it. I just got back a month ago and I already miss it. I can't believe it will be a whole year before I'm back. :sad:

Oh I get it, keah, I get it. I'm looking at the timer at the bottom of my signature, and going "Move faster!" It's been a little more than 2 years, and the yearning, oh the yearning.

Nothing new to add, I just wanted to talk to people who get it. I just got back a month ago and I already miss it. I can't believe it will be a whole year before I'm back. :sad:
I "get it". I got home from my annual POR winter trip on February 1, and a few weeks later I just had to go back to POR on March 1st. But now I have to wait till late January 2018. Ten months is such a long time to wait, but summer here in Maine is beautiful, and the heat and humidity of Florida is not for me, so that helps. I wish I could live at POR for January, February, and March. Now that would be SO wonderful!

Just to let everyone know, the kids' "Bayou Pirate Adventure" cruise from the Riverside Marina will be discontinued at the end of this month. The final cruise will be on Thursday 30 March. Similar cruises will remain available from several other resorts.

Andre

Just to let everyone know, the kids' "Bayou Pirate Adventure" cruise from the Riverside Marina will be discontinued at the end of this month. The final cruise will be on Thursday 30 March. Similar cruises will remain available from several other resorts.

Andre

Thanks for letting us know. My DS did that cruise once (out of GF) and really liked it. Since this time we are staying at POR, we were going to plan on letting him do it again out of POR. I guess I'll need to make other plans. Thanks!

Dumb question.... Boardwalk Inn has a Speedway (formerly Hess) gas station with a mini mart just across the street, useful for buying little stuff like Ben & Jerry's or hot dogs or cheap water bottles or whatever.

Does POR have anything like that within walking distance? (looking at Google Earth but no luck)

Dumb question.... Boardwalk Inn has a Speedway (formerly Hess) gas station with a mini mart just across the street, useful for buying little stuff like Ben & Jerry's or hot dogs or cheap water bottles or whatever.

Does POR have anything like that within walking distance? (looking at Google Earth but no luck)

Closest thing is a Speedway right outside of Disney Springs. It's on the other side of Buena Vista Drive from the Disney Springs Town Center bus stop.

Thanks - that's a bit far. But the Fulton General store seems OK, though.

Edit - btw does the Fulton's store also carry eggs? (like BWI's screen door general store)

Last edited:
Thanks - that's a bit far. But the Fulton General store seems OK, though.

Edit - btw does the Fulton's store also carry eggs? (like BWI's screen door general store)

Going to Speedway for one ice cream cone doesn't seem worth it, no. If you're grabbing stuff for a couple of days, it might add up. It's definitely not spontaneous, about 15 minutes one way on the bus (at least according to Google Maps). You also have to think about the time to wait for said bus.

Edit: numbers are good.

Last edited:
Oh I get it, keah, I get it. I'm looking at the timer at the bottom of my signature, and going "Move faster!" It's been a little more than 2 years, and the yearning, oh the yearning.

I "get it". I got home from my annual POR winter trip on February 1, and a few weeks later I just had to go back to POR on March 1st. But now I have to wait till late January 2018. Ten months is such a long time to wait, but summer here in Maine is beautiful, and the heat and humidity of Florida is not for me, so that helps. I wish I could live at POR for January, February, and March. Now that would be SO wonderful!

I knew I was among friends here! It is yearning, @FelisLachesis! That's the perfect word!

That would be amazing, @Ensusieasm! My dream would be to spend about a month at POR and just take my time and relax.

Andre
We had it scheduled for June 4, and they called me last night. First they offered to put him on another one, specifically mentioning CBR. Really? You mean the one with the small lake and (by then) tons of construction? Instead of one of the most gorgeous resorts on Disney property and its beautiful waterways? No, sorry, that is NOT the same. And I would do what, exactly, while DS was on his cruise? Enjoy CBR's dining options? Oh wait, can't do that, either. They did offer the cruise out of YC and GF, but DS already did those and decided he wasn't interested.

What kills me is POR was our first Disney resort, and we were both so excited about going back to where it all began for DS's last cruise (he's about to age out). If nothing else, this solidified my decision to do an extra long stay at POR next summer, because I didn't realize until this happened just how much I miss it. :love:

Oh, we were offered a "recreation package" as compensation, including $10 in arcade vouchers and some heavy discounts on POR activities. Since we're staying at YC this time around, that doesn't really mean much. Although now I'm wondering if maybe they'd still be good next June...

Okay so, something that I've been wondering.

I have to have orange juice to take medication in the morning. Does the general store sell orange juice? If it does, does it make more sense to buy it there or in the dining hall? I just need a glassful in the morning.

Okay so, something that I've been wondering.

I have to have orange juice to take medication in the morning. Does the general store sell orange juice? If it does, does it make more sense to buy it there or in the dining hall? I just need a glassful in the morning.

$4.29 is the Riverside Mill price (last verified October 30, 2016) http://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php

$3.99 is the Fulton's General Store price from October 2015 (this is a year older) https://touringplans.com/walt-disne...store-market/menus/general-store-all-day-menu

So after adjusting for "Disney inflation," an 11.2 ounce bottle of orange juice looks like they'll cost the same at either place, for the exact same bottle.

Counting the days (15!) to a mother/daughter stay at POR (Royal Room River View) and putting some final touches on our plans which of course include seeing Yeeha Bob. :love:

I just saw on his website that he's taking a couple nights off (April 19-20) so leaves us with 4 nights during our stay in which to see him - the first Friday and Saturday and the last Friday and Saturday we are there (trip dates are April 14-23).

Wanted to solicit your opinions on a couple of items please if I may:

1. Our flight lands in MCO at 4:35 PM on Friday the 14th. I had originally planned for us to go to Animal Kingdom that night (6:50 ADR for Tiffins along with a 9:05 FP+ for Rivers of Light). Am I being too aggressive thinking we can possibly make a 6:50 ADR after landing at 4:35 (utilizing Magical Express)? We usually drive, so only have a handful of experiences using Magical Express.

If so, I may cancel the plans for AK that evening and use that as a night to see Bob and reschedule AK for a night he's not at POR.

2. My DD also wants to enjoy watching some of the 8:30 'Movies Under the Stars' (specifically Tangled, which is scheduled to show on Saturdays in April - the same time Bob starts his first set. Please refresh my memory - approximately what time does he start the second half of his show? Is it possible to to watch the movie and then catch the 2nd half of his show?

In the past we've gone before 8:30 to get a table to see him, so wasn't sure how easy to get a table later on in the evening?

3. We've never been to Disney World for spring break/Easter so am not sure what to expect crowd wise at the resort or parks. Will it be impossible to find seating in the food court, buses, etc? We are laid back and excited to just be there, so will go with the flow; but if you could share your experiences or provide any spring break tips it would be much appreciated.

TIA! :flower2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter