Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I don’t think I could honestly say we have an allergy to dogs. We have a preference not to pay big money and have to endure lingering dog smell
Request not to be put in a dog friendly room. If you feel your room smells like dogs then don't unpack and go to the desk to ask for a room switch. I don't think you'll have an issue and really any room in any hotel could have had service dogs.

I don’t think I could honestly say we have an allergy to dogs. We have a preference not to pay big money and have to endure lingering dog smell
I understand, so I would just ask at check in for a room that hasn't had a dog/dogs in it recently. I am sure they would comply.

Request not to be put in a dog friendly room. If you feel your room smells like dogs then don't unpack and go to the desk to ask for a room switch. I don't think you'll have an issue and really any room in any hotel could have had service dogs.
That’s the thing… on the checkin request options There’s a place to request a dog friendly room but not a place to request NOT to get one

Does anyone know if they will fill up your refillable mug at the main pool? I have a vague recollection they did that for me about 4 years ago.

Does anyone know if they will fill up your refillable mug at the main pool? I have a vague recollection they did that for me about 4 years ago.

According to this, no.

mugs.php

"One new feature is that the mugs will now allow guests to refill beverages at any of Disney’s Resort self-service beverage stations, not only at their home Resort — but NOT at the pool bars, theme parks, water parks or Disney Springs."

According to this, no.

mugs.php

"One new feature is that the mugs will now allow guests to refill beverages at any of Disney’s Resort self-service beverage stations, not only at their home Resort — but NOT at the pool bars, theme parks, water parks or Disney Springs."
Ehhhh....lots of the pool bars do, so I wouldn't take that to mean much. I cannot imagine the pool bar would not refill for you. Everywhere I've ever asked has...many post- covid.

Ehhhh....lots of the pool bars do, so I wouldn't take that to mean much. I cannot imagine the pool bar would not refill for you. Everywhere I've ever asked has...many post- covid.

They are not meant to fill your own containers, and if they do consent to they will most likely fill up a paper cup and let you pour that into your refillable mug. But it's kinda down to the discretion of the bartender.

Andre

They are not meant to fill your own containers, and if they do consent to they will most likely fill up a paper cup and let you pour that into your refillable mug. But it's kinda down to the discretion of the bartender.

Andre
No, they are not fill your own, however if you bring your mug U have never in more trips than I can count ever not been given a drink or my mug refilled. I always preferred for them to give me a regular cup, however most times they've just taken my mug. Either way OP shouldn't have an issue in getting a "refill."

So much to learn about PO! My husband stayed there two nights briefly (Riverside) on a biz trip once and he wants to do a trip here in late April. I've never stayed there and am not used to the ins & outs.

I am so confused about what category to book even after looking at maps and all.

We would love to be in the Alligator Bayou section... that is our priority...river view would be great and we are willing to pay for that. But we don't care if it is a king bed or queen bed or 5th sleeper as it's just the two of us. What would be our best category to book? I booked River View but now I am having second thoughts as I am afraid they will put us in the other section. I didn't see anywhere to note a preference... did I miss that? Or do I need to call/fax for that?

Thanks for any and all input!

Another question I can't seem to figure out... I know you can walk between POFQ & POR... and between Old Key West and Disney Springs. Is there a way to walk from PO to Old Key West? Or basically from PO to Disney Springs? I know you can take the boat (yay!) but I am a runner and always looking for fun places to get my miles in!

Another question I can't seem to figure out... I know you can walk between POFQ & POR... and between Old Key West and Disney Springs. Is there a way to walk from PO to Old Key West? Or basically from PO to Disney Springs? I know you can take the boat (yay!) but I am a runner and always looking for fun places to get my miles in!
I'm not 100%, but pretty sure there is no walkway from PO to DS....boat yes, possibly via roadway, but not walkway.

We would love to be in the Alligator Bayou section... that is our priority...river view would be great and we are willing to pay for that. But we don't care if it is a king bed or queen bed or 5th sleeper as it's just the two of us. What would be our best category to book? I booked River View but now I am having second thoughts as I am afraid they will put us in the other section. I didn't see anywhere to note a preference... did I miss that? Or do I need to call/fax for that?

Booking 'River View' could place you in either Alligator Bayou (45 possible rooms) or the mansion buildings (27 possible rooms). So you are much more likely to be in AB, and a request should help with that. But if your ONLY concern is to be anywhere in AB (and it's a big area) then book either the Standard or Woods 5th Sleeper options - or book Preferred Location to be in AB and near to the main building. But none of those three options will get you a river view.

Andre

Booking 'River View' could place you in either Alligator Bayou (45 possible rooms) or the mansion buildings (27 possible rooms). So you are much more likely to be in AB, and a request should help with that. But if your ONLY concern is to be anywhere in AB (and it's a big area) then book either the Standard or Woods 5th Sleeper options - or book Preferred Location to be in AB and near to the main building. But none of those three options will get you a river view.

Andre

thanks! Good advice. I wonder if they would think it was weird that a party of two was requesting a 5th sleeper room.... hmmmm

For me river view is primary, for him it's AB! So I think I am gonna roll the dice with the river view and a request!

Depending on your willingness to dodge golf balls, you can run along the golf cart paths that cross over between the resorts. Done this several times to be able to get in enough miles while training without doing loops of a resort.

Depending on your willingness to dodge golf balls, you can run along the golf cart paths that cross over between the resorts.

There are no direct pathways that allow you to get to any of the golf courses from Port Orleans, despite one course actually being just behind a small swampy area of trees next to Magnolia Bend.

Andre

Well dang cuz I don’t mind dodging golf balls but swampy trees make me think the non Disney type of alligators!

@oldmangoofyrunner I’m with you I hate running the resort loops! Any tips in general about running on site? I like resort hopping and don’t mind doing that! Also have a split stay booked for September (yeah dreading the heat but Ok) so will be running at AKL/Beach Club/Wilderness lodge then!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter