Disney's Rhetorical Question - What will you Celebrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you consider all these "afterthoughts"? What would you conider new, interesting, or innovative - keeping in mind that MANY Guests aren't even aware of these options:

Guests visiting in 2009 can add-on:

. . . The Disney Florist will offer celebratory in-room decorations and products.

. . . Custom Bakery Cakes and Signature Desserts: A new line of celebration desserts and decorated cakes can be ordered. The "My Mini Cake Surprise" is a themed, personal size cake with a special surprise included.

. . . Sweetheart Dinner for Two: Prix Fixe dinner featuring souvenir “Celebrate Today!” champagne flutes.

. . . Family Portraits: Portrait sessions with a Walt Disney World photographer.Capture the memory with a portrait session with Walt Disney World photographers.

. . . Personalized Souvenirs: Personalized Mouse ears, character T-shirts, pins and more

. . . Decorate Your Disney Guest Room: Have your Disney resort room decorated with banners, confetti and special surprises to celebrate a Birthday, Congratulations, or a Disney Welcome. (407) W-DISNEY

. . . Magical Pop Up Party Pack: Goodie Bag with activities and surprise pop-up centerpiece.

. . . Stay Inside a Dream Theme: Book a themed guest room featuring Pirate Themed rooms at Walt Disney World and Princess or Mickey themed rooms in Disneyland.

. . . Set Sail: Book a private cruise on a yacht or join in a shared magical fireworks cruise - 2009 will feature a new night time Wishes excursion.

. . . Go Inside the Magic: Behind-the-scenes tours

. . . Disney Story Book Experiences: Choose from pirate adventures, tea parties, princess makeovers, etc.

eta: above information, and much more, at http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disney2009Celebration.htm

BUT - all that stuff existed already.

I'm not knocking the whole theme - I think it's a genius way for Disney to advertise the ex*****ve add-ons that they offer (fireworks crusies, Disney florist, cakes, behind-the-scenes tours, private dining, pirate crusies, the new pirate-themed section of CBR) and for them to increase park attendance and revenue from locals. (And I know from personal experience just how addicting all the "special add-ons" can get!)

BUT - it's disingenuous to act like any of that is new.

I am just hoping for a new parade and castle show (bring back Cinderella's Magic Surprise maybe...)............... now THAT would make me really happy.

Maybe it will turn out to be a great promotion for WDW. AS a returning customer, I guess I'm always looking for the "big new" thing. Maybe with the economy being what it is, that just couldn't happen this year.

Or maybe none of that's true, and its just a matter of personal preference :rotfl: .

I'm not knocking the whole theme - I think it's a genius way for Disney to advertise the ex*****ve add-ons that they offer (fireworks crusies, Disney florist, cakes, behind-the-scenes tours, private dining, pirate crusies, the new pirate-themed section of CBR) and for them to increase park attendance and revenue from locals. (And I know from personal experience just how addicting all the "special add-ons" can get!)

The designs are -- and the "Celebrate You!" theme will be incorporated into many of the shows and parades (including IllumiNations, FotLK, and PHD:LoS). The Magic Kingdom will feature two new parades: Celebrate a Dream Come True (replacing the Disney Dreams Come True Parade -- with show stops added), and the all-new "Move It! Shake it! Celebrate It! Street Party" on Main Street (not to mention "Galaxy Day" in Tomorrowland and Stitch's Supersonic Celebration).

Yes, you're right in that many of the things Disney is advertising (cakes, floral arrangements) have been available in the past -- but not quite like this. They're also introducing new In-Room Celebrations, and restaurants across the property will have new pop-up centerpieces available.

I'm seeing a lot of people completely trashing this promotion without experiencing any of it first. Give it a chance, folks.

Know what was the worst disney promo? Remember waaaaaaaayyy back in the day when they didnt offer ANYTHING free...like you had to actually PAY to get into the parks?:eek: And you werent spending your whole vacation searching for someone to give you something for free....and you had to actually just... :::gasp::: spend time with your family and enjoy the vacation you spent so hard saving up for but felt it was worth every penny after you saw your kids smile? :grouphug: Now THAT was hard!

lol:lmao:
Lighten up people....how awesome is it that Disney is giving away anything for free...for families who couldnt afford to bring their kid to disney...here's a chance...as small as it may be. Thanks Disney for trying to add a little magic to everyone's birthday!:wizard:

Really? Even the new signature desserts? The decorated (not theme) room? The Disney-arranged new shared Wishes excursion? The Magical Pop-up Party Pack? The personal-size surprise-containing cake - the surprise isn't new?

Okay.

I am just hoping for a new parade and castle show (bring back Cinderella's Magic Surprise maybe...)...............
"Borrowed" from either Tokyo or Paris (borrowed in quotes because it continued there while it was performed here) so, no, you will have to go overseas to see CinderellaBration.

Really? Even the new signature desserts? The decorated (not theme) room? The Disney-arranged new shared Wishes excursion? The Magical Pop-up Party Pack? The personal-size surprise-containing cake - the surprise isn't new?

Okay.

"Borrowed" from either Tokyo or Paris (borrowed in quotes because it continued there while it was performed here) so, no, you will have to go overseas to see CinderellaBration.

No, not the hideous and boring "Cinderellabration" but the one before that - Cinderella's Magic Surprise - the one that's on the 2 CD park muisc set. It featured Cinderella's birthday party (trying to be ruined by the witch of course), the fab 5, princesses (even Mulan) - even a Peter Pan/Captian Hook showdown on the castle turret. We loved that show and it fits well with the Celebration them. I am hoping they bring it back. It was the best castle forecourt show they've ever done (IMHO).

Just like the "year of a million whines" when folks came back from their TRIPS TO DISNEY WORLD and complained about not winning something, I am sure there will be LOTS of complaints about this promotion. Not directed at you OP, but it seems like Disney can never win and there will always be someone (and many someones) who will complain about what they do. Disney doesn't have to offer ANYTHING - you pay your admission cost and you go - that's it. I think it's great when they offer special things. We haven't been able to use many of them, but it's great for those who can. I consider my family very fortunate that we can even go at all. If we win anything or get anything while we are there then it's just something nice that happened.

Jill

Yup, I was one that was a bit disappointed too. When I first started hearing rumors about this promotion, I thought it sounded wonderful! I thought what a wonderful way to give people a reason to celebrate at Disney World. I guess I had in mind multiple ways that Disney would help people celebrate; a surprise encounter by Mickey/Minnie for a young child on their birthday/overcoming a medical illness, random giving aways of the Castle Suites for various occasions, a complimentary set of wine glasses for a couple celebrating their anniversary/honeymoon, a surprise upgrade to a nicer hotel, a free dessert or appetizer… I was imagining surprises to fit the celebration.

YES, not everyone coming to Disney would not get something, but there would still be the hope and the joy of seeing and hearing about these occasions.

I know that sounds a bit like Million Dreams…but I guess I never had to chance to see the world these last couple of years lol

So, yes … I admit. When I first realized that Disney was only doing special things for birthdays, I was disappointed.

I also admit…yup, as you can see in my signature we are going to Disney for our honeymoon (in 5 days!!!)…and part of the disappointment is for more personal reasons. Yeah, I had dreams of getting a free upgrade from POP to a moderate, a night at the Castle Suite, a surprise visit from wedding Mickey and Minnie. LOL…I know…eyes are rolling. That’s just me.

Yup, I was one that was a bit disappointed too. When I first started hearing rumors about this promotion, I thought it sounded wonderful! I thought what a wonderful way to give people a reason to celebrate at Disney World. I guess I had in mind multiple ways that Disney would help people celebrate; a surprise encounter by Mickey/Minnie for a young child on their birthday/overcoming a medical illness, random giving aways of the Castle Suites for various occasions, a complimentary set of wine glasses for a couple celebrating their anniversary/honeymoon, a surprise upgrade to a nicer hotel, a free dessert or appetizer… I was imagining surprises to fit the celebration.

These are darling ideas, but I wonder, how would they all be handled? As in, there would have to be some verification system, right? I realize everyone is honest and wouldn't be like 'I am here to celebrate my vasectomy!', but I assume it would take some clear, organized system of pre-verification of all 'celebrations'

Maybe I am being too jaded/negative. But I do love that idea (like my sister graduating college in May, right before we are all going to WDW), and having a complimentary 'something' from Disney. So yes, I see what you are envisioning, I just wonder if there would be some messy preliminaries. Though I am sure Disney would be more than able to create this magic ;)

As I posted before, *shrug*. Promos are wonderful, but we can't expect them, either. I have no doubt Disney will come up with all sorts of things as the years pass.

The 2009 promotion is what it IS.

If you don't like it - WRITE TO DISNEY.

Complaining anonymously on the internet won't accomplish a thing. Since this particular thread was seemingly only created to stir controversy with no real point - it is now closed.

Knox

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter