Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom

Swkyle

Disney Vacation on June 8th!
I, Swkyle was a major VMK Player. Everyday I was on there having fun with my virtual friends, or dreaming up something new with my furniture. Every once in a while I am filled with sadness of the online world's closing. I just thought telling people the prospective I had of VMK.

I know what you're thinking, why do people keep saying how sad VMK makes them feel? Well, it's really the friends we made in the virtual world that really mattered. How it was fun to "Dictionary Dance" to say things, and of course going into the "baby day car(s)" and acting like you were a baby and make fun of all the other people. VMK felt to me as a piece of my life. (I know, dang what a life is what you're thinking) No, I am meaning that VMK was a special place where you could leave from the real world and go to a place with magic. Of course, you did have those mean bullies and scammers taking their place in the world. All you had to do was leave the room or "boot" them. What has occured to me is that being a 14-year old and seeing that a game that I played since I was 11 or 12 was drastically shut down is finally hitting me. Especially since the holidays with all the decorations are up and down Main Street. What troubles me the most is that I can't seem to find another "Virtual World" to spend some leisure time in. Club Penguin's walking drives me crazy, Toontown was different and not catching my attention, Pixie Hollow is for girls. No other Disney game appeals to me as much as VMK did. Still, as I look at Nicktropolis and SmallWorlds: Smallworlds is WAY TOO SLOW, and Nicktropolis has really no fun to it. Now, switching subjects... I knew the day VMK was going to come to an end was close but not that close. As Yavn quoted in the Newsletter that something big was happening for VMK's 3rd Birthday it seemed another year was added to it's aging. But, as the begging of the year of 2008 began, VMK started advertising for other Disney games. I knew from that point on it was coming. One rule of getting people to come to a certain place, NEVER ADVERTISE FOR PLACES THAT MIGHT BE BETTER. As I thought, VMK announced in a press release that it will be shutting down on May 21, 2008. What made me disappointed though was that VMK still kept their prices of items WAY up. I understand that VMK did not release all the items as they released many items and the server was extremely slow on the last day. There you have it, not everything I wanted to get out but, for some of you more than you can handle. No, I am not going to keep nagging on VMK the rest of my life, nor be sad over it. I do though have to say that as I think back on Halloween and Christmas in VMK last year it was magical.

Thank you for your time in reading this message!

-Swkyle

Wow, that was pretty long. i must sound a couple times worse than that when im talking about vmk. (in the length wise)
I agree with you about everything... nothing's the same as vmk, and nothing can replace that. After the date closing it announced, I pieced everything together that were hints of its closing. I do feel like I need that extra magic in my life now, especially since I live in the middle of the country too far away to get to a Disney park. And I always needed a place you could just go to get away from reality, it was always so nice.
Im still going to be sad about it, that's the only thing different. Im not going to let it rule my life or anything, but I'll probably think about vmk a good bit.
Thanks for posting that, I enjoyed reading other people's thoughts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter