Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning our next WDW stay, which will include an AKL-Jambo studio and a CCV studio stay, reserved for "cash" through Disney directly.

The following only applies to the general public making reservations directly with Disney; I do not know the timelines involved for reserving stays any other way [such as a DVC member through Member Services].

For the last year I have been "stalking" the WDW website to get a handle on when Disney releases their DVC rooms for the general public to reserve. And I can conclusively say "it depends" :-) and is between 11 and about 8 to 9 months out.

For example, AKL-Jambo has availability for almost all room types (including "value" studio and 1 bedroom) for Nov 11-14, while CCV only shows studio with walk in shower available. For Nov 18-21, AKL-J shows nothing available, but CCV still has the studio with shower available. After that neither looks to have availability yet.

Sticking with a Mon-Thurs stay, to get more than walk in shower availability for CCV: 11/04/2019 - 11/07/2019 and 10/28/2019 - 10/31/2019 and 10/21/2019 - 10/24/2019 etc has both studio types; when I checked last week, you had to back into September to find more than just the studios at CCV - doesn't mean some later ones had not been released, but I never saw them. And CCV slowly loading room types instead of all at once like the other resorts do seems to be the normal pattern for what I have seen over the last year. They are slower to load any at all [one of the last resorts to load theirs in, and then when they do it will just be a studio, usually the ones with showers; then they load the other studio; then some weeks or even months later the other room types show up].

Bottom line: they will not be available until no more than 11 months out. I believe that is from the last day of your stay, but hopefully someone else can speak to that. And they may not be loaded into the system yet at 11 months out -- at least for online reservations. I haven't tried calling, so maybe the reservation centre can see them even though the website can't in that in-between zone of 11 months to whenever they show up at 8-9-10 months.

Our solution was to book hotel rooms at both AKL and WL at the 499 day mark, the earliest room only reservations can be made. Our plan is to change them to the studios once the studios are available, but if for some reason we can't get a studio, we still have a hotel room at the resorts we want to stay at for the dates we want and at a price *cough* we are willing to pay - particularly useful since fall 2019 availability is getting harder and harder to find. For our dates the hotel room at WL is actually quite a bit cheaper than the CCV studio will be.

SW
CCV is a really small DVC resort. Much of the resort has been declared into DVC inventory, so not much might be available for your stay. Most of the new owners there want to stay there. So that leaves very little for DVC to move over to cash inventory. You might want to just stay at the WL instead.

CCV is a really small DVC resort. Much of the resort has been declared into DVC inventory, so not much might be available for your stay. Most of the new owners there want to stay there. So that leaves very little for DVC to move over to cash inventory. You might want to just stay at the WL instead.

Except that CCV is considerably better for my allergies than WL is. We stayed there December 2017. I am hopeful we will be able to get a studio when they first release them from Disney's "% held back to Disney" portion [as opposed to breakage or whatever it is called which releases much closer to the travel date], and fully expect to have to pay rack rate for it. But if we can't get one then we will be ok with WL.

It would be nice is if the WL room refurbishment would replace the carpets with fake hardwood :-)

SW

Except that CCV is considerably better for my allergies than WL is. We stayed there December 2017. I am hopeful we will be able to get a studio when they first release them from Disney's "% held back to Disney" portion [as opposed to breakage or whatever it is called which releases much closer to the travel date], and fully expect to have to pay rack rate for it. But if we can't get one then we will be ok with WL.

It would be nice is if the WL room refurbishment would replace the carpets with fake hardwood :-)

SW
I'm saying that there isn't much inventory to turn over for cash. There might not be any studios at all. You might need to book a one bedroom for cash through Disney.

I tried searching this thread and the one on the DVC Resorts board but no luck. We have a CCV studio with walk-in shower booked, and I was wondering whether those studios seem to be scattered throughout the CCV section or tend to be found in certain areas or on certain floors. Also, do any of the alternate studios have walk-in shower?

TIA! :thanks:

Have you tried looking at touring plans.com’s room view search tool? I think you can filter by accessibility options.

My family of 5 are renting at BR for a stay in August. We're staying in a Studio and this our first time. I have DD 18, DS 13, and DD 10 at time of our stay. The girls will sleep on the pullout but will my 13 year old son fit on the pull down bed? He's 5'3 right now and growing really fast so now I'm concerned about his sleeping surface. Should I bring a twin air mattress and bedding or will that even fit once the sleeper sofa is pulled out?

Have you tried looking at touring plans.com’s room view search tool? I think you can filter by accessibility options.

Thanks - I had not thought to do that since I'm not so much concerned about the view -- more wondering what our chances were of being assigned a room on the first floor vs. a higher floor!

So we switched our courtyard view room for May to courtyard bunkbed to receive the discount, we have never stayed in the bunk beds rooms so I'm a little nervous. We have a 5 year old so I know she will be excited. Rreservations told me that the bunk bed room are only on the 1st floor and the 6th floor, is this true? I checked on touring plans.com and it shows different floors. Help me ease my worry as I do not want a first floor room. Thanks Dis family!

So we switched our courtyard view room for May to courtyard bunkbed to receive the discount, we have never stayed in the bunk beds rooms so I'm a little nervous. We have a 5 year old so I know she will be excited. Rreservations told me that the bunk bed room are only on the 1st floor and the 6th floor, is this true? I checked on touring plans.com and it shows different floors. Help me ease my worry as I do not want a first floor room. Thanks Dis family!

According to a previous post up above, they may be changing some of the bunk bed rooms over to other types of rooms. Although the reservation CM may not know too...it's happened before. I'd just request higher floor or not ground floor.

I've seen a courtyard view bunkbed room on the 4th floor just this past September.

We are staying at WL for our September trip. I’m so excited. It looks beautiful. I am looking forward to trying the new character meal at artist point and Hoop dee doo. How easy is it to travel to hoop dew doo? I hate they are closing Mickey’s backyard bbq. We really enjoyed that. Is the boat th quickest way to get to MK? I think I read there are buses too. We are planning a ppo breakfast and emm two days. Can you take the boat to the poly? Thank you!
We usually do the buses in the morning (rope drop or early meals) to MK and then the boat all other times of the day (midday breaks and nighttime)

I tried searching this thread and the one on the DVC Resorts board but no luck. We have a CCV studio with walk-in shower booked, and I was wondering whether those studios seem to be scattered throughout the CCV section or tend to be found in certain areas or on certain floors. Also, do any of the alternate studios have walk-in shower?

TIA! :thanks:

We are still collecting information regarding which rooms have tubs vs the walk in showers, but in general we know that there are a lot of tubs on the first floor. This accounts for as many as 31 of the 37 total tub rooms. That means that the majority of the other studios are walk in showers. We also have seen that the alternate studios have tubs as well, with the possible exception of the one on the 4th floor (4115) which is said to be a handicapped accessible room. This means there's likely at least one non-alternate studio with a tub on a higher floor, but we don't have confirmation on its location.

So, to answer your question regarding a walk in shower studio, you will likely be on a higher floor, but the chances of getting an alternate studio don't look good.

I have been updating the room location map on the CCV thread, which you can view here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...s-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/#post-58141101

Happy Planning and have a great stay.

I want to make a room request though Touring Plans, but they have Boulder Ridge studios categorized by woods view and pool view. The studio I reserved just says "views of Pool, Woodlands, Courtyard, or Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Hotel." Does this mean I can request any studio?

We are still collecting information regarding which rooms have tubs vs the walk in showers, but in general we know that there are a lot of tubs on the first floor. This accounts for as many as 31 of the 37 total tub rooms. That means that the majority of the other studios are walk in showers. We also have seen that the alternate studios have tubs as well, with the possible exception of the one on the 4th floor (4115) which is said to be a handicapped accessible room. This means there's likely at least one non-alternate studio with a tub on a higher floor, but we don't have confirmation on its location.

So, to answer your question regarding a walk in shower studio, you will likely be on a higher floor, but the chances of getting an alternate studio don't look good.

I have been updating the room location map on the CCV thread, which you can view here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/#post-58141101

Happy Planning and have a great stay.

Thanks! I'm happy to be on a higher floor, otherwise don't care enough about view or location to put in a request. Maybe someday we'll book a studio with tub just to try our luck at an alternate studio ;)!

I want to make a room request though Touring Plans, but they have Boulder Ridge studios categorized by woods view and pool view. The studio I reserved just says "views of Pool, Woodlands, Courtyard, or Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Hotel." Does this mean I can request any studio?
Unless things have changed, BRV studios are not categorized through Disney so yes, you should be able to request any studio.

My family of 5 are renting at BR for a stay in August. We're staying in a Studio and this our first time. I have DD 18, DS 13, and DD 10 at time of our stay. The girls will sleep on the pullout but will my 13 year old son fit on the pull down bed? He's 5'3 right now and growing really fast so now I'm concerned about his sleeping surface. Should I bring a twin air mattress and bedding or will that even fit once the sleeper sofa is pulled out?

From another site: The pull down bed is 75 inches long, 33 inches wide, and 6 inches deep.

The site indicated that a 5'9" person should be okay. So your son should be fine.

I couldn't stand not having a Disney trip booked so when I found an annual pass discount of 35% for Copper Creek I went ahead and booked it. Our trip dates are February 23 - 27, 2019 and we are very excited to stay in a Copper Creek villa. It will be a bit of a splurge to get a villa but the full kitchen will come in very handy. My husband has some health issues and this will help greatly. And it was $864 cheaper than a deluxe room at the WL. I love Disney math. :)

We had such a great time in September at WL that we couldn't wait to come back again. :)

So we're staying at WL next week for the RunDisney Weekend and really looking forward to it - my parents are coming along to watch the kids while we race, is there a "actual" WL phone number I can call to see if we can get our rooms (we check in late on Thurs) close to each other to make it easier? When we've stayed at the Beach Club there was a number to the actual BC front desk/rooming folks who have helped make sure we're close together.

So we're staying at WL next week for the RunDisney Weekend and really looking forward to it - my parents are coming along to watch the kids while we race, is there a "actual" WL phone number I can call to see if we can get our rooms (we check in late on Thurs) close to each other to make it easier? When we've stayed at the Beach Club there was a number to the actual BC front desk/rooming folks who have helped make sure we're close together.
Just add "traveling with" and the other reservation number to each reservation. If you have reservation through Disney Reservation Center, just call them and add these notes.

Just add "traveling with" and the other reservation number to each reservation. If you have reservation through Disney Reservation Center, just call them and add these notes.
I tried that, unfortunately we booked thru a TA and it sends me to Group Reservations where they can't add that information unless we're the TA.

I've asked her to help but at BC we've always just been able to call and they've been really good about making it happen. I'll keep on my TA. Thanks!

I tried that, unfortunately we booked thru a TA and it sends me to Group Reservations where they can't add that information unless we're the TA.

I've asked her to help but at BC we've always just been able to call and they've been really good about making it happen. I'll keep on my TA. Thanks!
Yeah, that's the problem with going through a travel agent. They have to add, modify, etc the reservation. You can't do it at all. She'll need to add that to both reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter