Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the standard rooms for WL around the lobby? I think next year around Christmas I want to have a room opening to the lobby. The lobby is just so beautiful at Christmas time. This past year we had a courtyard view, but I think near the lobby would be perfect.
The rooms overlooking the lobby are nature view rooms. The standard view rooms overlook the service area and are near to the lobby but don't overlook it. :)

My apologies if this has been answered previously. I searched the thread without success.
Does either pool have a reservable cabana? We've previously booked one at the Polynesian and it was nice for a large group. We are staying at Boulder Ridge in March.
Thank you!

My apologies if this has been answered previously. I searched the thread without success.
Does either pool have a reservable cabana? We've previously booked one at the Polynesian and it was nice for a large group. We are staying at Boulder Ridge in March.
Thank you!

Unfortunately, WL does not provide rentable cabanas… however, over by the quiet pool closest to BR, there are covered patio areas that you can use on a first come first serve basis. In my experience, they’ve never all been taken so you should have a shot at getting one. Enjoy!!

Unfortunately, WL does not provide rentable cabanas… however, over by the quiet pool closest to BR, there are covered patio areas that you can use on a first come first serve basis. In my experience, they’ve never all been taken so you should have a shot at getting one. Enjoy!!

View attachment 640400
Agreed, there was always one available on our summer trip (it was too chilly to swim when we were there in December). A server from Geyser Point also came around for drink orders. I am guessing you could probably order food too, but definitely drinks. And, nice photos!

Agreed, there was always one available on our summer trip (it was too chilly to swim when we were there in December). A server from Geyser Point also came around for drink orders. I am guessing you could probably order food too, but definitely drinks. And, nice photos!
Thank you!

Really? hmmm....that's good to know, thanks!
We check in in 11 days-

I've sent this to the hotel, but I'm amazed how bad the wifi is in the WL. We're staying in Copper Creek and its almost unusable at times. May have something to do with our location, not sure. Love staying here (have been here a lot) but it just amazes me that as Disney pushes more self-management via the phone app that the wifi can be this bad. Tried to use my phone to book LL and had to go outside and use my cellular connection. I understand all the problems of the world and I'm ok with them pushing more to me, but they should invest a little money in the tech in the hotels. As someone who cares, just want them to be better.....

I've sent this to the hotel, but I'm amazed how bad the wifi is in the WL. We're staying in Copper Creek and its almost unusable at times. May have something to do with our location, not sure. Love staying here (have been here a lot) but it just amazes me that as Disney pushes more self-management via the phone app that the wifi can be this bad. Tried to use my phone to book LL and had to go outside and use my cellular connection. I understand all the problems of the world and I'm ok with them pushing more to me, but they should invest a little money in the tech in the hotels. As someone who cares, just want them to be better.....
I think a lot depends on your room location. We have had better luck with cell phone data in some places and good wifi reception in others. The lobby area is always good. I always do a speedtest to see which service is better. :)

I called the front desk because we were having issues, too. They connected me to someone in IT and they got my room number, etc. They said they would look into it and get it fixed. Not sure what they did or if they came to the room while we were out, but it got a lot better. We had no problems with the WiFi when we got back or for the rest of our stay. I guess Disney IT can get something fixed every once in a while! :)

Hello friends! I just booked at BRV for an early December trip and it'll be our first visit to this resort. We're so excited to stay at the lodge for Christmas in Disney!

I apologize if this is already outlined on the info posts, but most of the images there are coming up as broken links for me. We want to put in a room request to be on the end of BRV closets to the main lodge building. Am I correct that "near the elevators" would meet that need? Secondly, is there something that breaks down which studios are without balconies? That would be an absolute deal breaker for us, so I'll compromise on location for the sake of a balcony. I believe this is a very limited number of rooms, correct?

We booked on cash with no view category listed on the booking.

Hello friends! I just booked at BRV for an early December trip and it'll be our first visit to this resort. We're so excited to stay at the lodge for Christmas in Disney!

I apologize if this is already outlined on the info posts, but most of the images there are coming up as broken links for me. We want to put in a room request to be on the end of BRV closets to the main lodge building. Am I correct that "near the elevators" would meet that need? Secondly, is there something that breaks down which studios are without balconies? That would be an absolute deal breaker for us, so I'll compromise on location for the sake of a balcony. I believe this is a very limited number of rooms, correct?

We booked on cash with no view category listed on the booking.
Congratulations! Being at the lodge for Christmas time is on my bucket list. Being near the elevators should help stay close to the lobby and avoid the long hallway walk. Almost all studios have a balcony, but 4533 does not so I would specify that you want a room with a balcony. Even though it isn’t an option in the online checkin requests you can call the reservation center and have it noted on your reservation.
There are no different view categories for the Villas, so you can wind up with any of the rooms. Hopefully they can get close to your request though.
Enjoy your stay, and the time planning it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter