Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Dedicated bus to Fort Wilderness ? Yes, runs between bus stop at WL and back bus stop by Trails end restaurant.

If I remember correctly the buses to Epcot and HS are shared with contemporary and maybe Polynesian and return trips maybe shared with Fort Wilderness

Boats run back and forth to MK from WL only. They have not gone to Contemporary or Fort Wilderness since reopening after Covid

Which would you choose and why? WL Nature View or CCV Deluxe Studio (w/walk-in shower)? Cost difference is negligible.

ETA: this is for a solo trip.

Which would you choose and why? WL Nature View or CCV Deluxe Studio (w/walk-in shower)? Cost difference is negligible.

ETA: this is for a solo trip.
If this was a solo trip then I might choose the studio because of the walk-in shower, microwave and toaster. If I really liked the idea of having a chance at a partial view of the fireworks, then I would get a nature view room at WL. The CCV studio would have a view of the courtyard or the quiet pool. But if I had two or more then it would definitely be the WL room. I don't like sofa beds.
To go from WL to FW for Hoop Dee Doo, what are my options?
It is very easy to get to Hoop Dee Doo from WL. The FW bus will take you there and it comes frequently. :)
The only other option is to take ride share or taxi since they no longer run a boat to FW. But the FW bus only takes a couple of minutes to travel between FW and WL and it is the easiest way to get there. :) You don't want to drive to FW since you would have to take an internal bus from the parking lot to the Settlement depot and that wouldn't be better than just taking the bus from WL.

Last edited:
We’ll be at WL later this week for a quick stay for the Tron AP Preview, I believe the pathway to Ft Wilderness is still closed? Wife and I are trying to plan our morning run routes and was just curious if we are gonna be stuck running a zillion loops at the resort 😂

We’ll be at WL later this week for a quick stay for the Tron AP Preview, I believe the pathway to Ft Wilderness is still closed? Wife and I are trying to plan our morning run routes and was just curious if we are gonna be stuck running a zillion loops at the resort 😂
You are correct, unfortunately it’s still closed.

If this was a solo trip then I might choose the studio because of the walk-in shower, microwave and toaster. If I really liked the idea of having a chance at a partial view of the fireworks, then I would get a nature view room at WL. The CCV studio would have a view of the courtyard or the quiet pool. But if I had two or more then it would definitely be the WL room. I don't like sofa beds.

It is very easy to get to Hoop Dee Doo from WL. The FW bus will take you there and it comes frequently. :)
The only other option is to take ride share or taxi since they no longer run a boat to FW. But the FW bus only takes a couple of minutes to travel between FW and WL and it is the easiest way to get there. :) You don't want to drive to FW since you would have to take an internal bus from the parking lot to the Settlement depot and that wouldn't be better than just taking the bus from WL.
I thought once we got to FW, we still had to take an internal bus?

I thought once we got to FW, we still had to take an internal bus?
No, you don't need to take an internal bus when you are using the bus that goes between WL and Fort Wilderness. That bus goes to the settlement depot which is the depot for the restaurant area.

You would have to take an internal bus if you drive to FW or if you took a bus from a park or DS to FW. But not from WL.

Is the bakery part of Roaring Forks indeed already open at 6am like described in post number 5?

Is the bakery part of Roaring Forks indeed already open at 6am like described in post number 5?
I was able to go to the dining area of Roaring Forks at 6am and use the drink machine and coffee dispenser with my refillable mug. The left side where the food was was still closed. This was this past January.

No, you don't need to take an internal bus when you are using the bus that goes between WL and Fort Wilderness. That bus goes to the settlement depot which is the depot for the restaurant area.

You would have to take an internal bus if you drive to FW or if you took a bus from a park or DS to FW. But not from WL.
Thank you . Someone definitely told me that, glad you clarified. So bus from WL to FW is better than taking boat to MK, then boat to FW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter