Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Walking into Boulder Ridge this morning there was a Disney Executive briefing a group of CMs, and I heard her say that the path was closed as "too dangerous for our guests" and has been replaced by bus service.
Thanks for that information. I certainly understand why it wasn’t safe when Reflections was in active construction, but it’s too bad they can’t reopen that path now that it’s all closed up.

Just booked this resort for 1 night! We will be there in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited. Doing a group trip with friends and sharing an Airbnb for part of the trip then sharing a hotel room with another couple when we stay at Universal, so decided to have 1 night to ourselves and book a night here after we decided to add a MK day. Previously we were just going to do an Epcot day with our friends. But being the Disney freaks we are, my husband and I just can't be in Orlando and not do another day in Disney. I was sold on WL for the theming and the proximity to MK. I'm so excited to take the boat! I haven't been to WDW since 2003, but go to Disneyland frequently. We love the Grand Californian there, so this hotel has a similar vibe (and I learned from this thread the same architect) and I'm excited about that. Despite being Alaskans, where so much of the aesthetic here is woodsy, we are travelling all the way to Florida to stay somewhere that looks like home. We like what we like I guess :rotfl2:.

Does anyone have a ballpark on how long it usually takes to take the bus from WL to Epcot? We are going to Epcot for a day, then staying a night at WL, then go to MK the following morning. We plan on going from our Airbnb to WL with our bags early in the morning (8ish), dropping our bags off at the WL, then taking the bus from WL to Epcot. Epcot opens at 9am that day. I'm not pressed if we don't make rope drop as there is less attractions we need to do in Epcot, but I'd like to get there somewhat early so we can be done by late afternoon/early evening and get back to WL to enjoy our evening there (and likely eat at Geyser Point), then go to bed at a decent hour to wake up early for MK.

Does anyone have a ballpark on how long it usually takes to take the bus from WL to Epcot?
The bus ride is approximately 15 minutes. The wait for the bus usually doesn't take more than about 15-20 minutes in the morning, but it could be more or less, depending on how lucky you are that morning. ;)

Refurbishment Projects Beginning at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Next Week

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will start refurbishment projects next week.

Disney will be refurbishing some guest room balconies at Copper Creek Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge beginning September 26. Guests will see and hear refurbishment work in and around Copper Creek Villas during daytime hours. Refurbishment work is expected to be completed in early November.

This is a bit of an odd situation, but I wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else. I booked a nature view room for late October, and when I go to my reservations, it says that I have a standard room booked. I was certain that I booked a nature view, as a standard view was not even available, but because I always default to thinking I am the crazy one, I checked the Wilderness Lodge room rates by date over on Mouse Savers, and sure enough, the price that I paid is the price for the nature view. Has this happened to anyone else? I'd hate to have paid for a nature view only to end up in a standard view.

Hopefully when you booked, they sent you a confirmation email with
the cost per night and the room type. I would find that email and forward it with
your questions to guest relations. You might need to include a screenshot of
your current reservation from MDE.

Hopefully when you booked, they sent you a confirmation email with
the cost per night and the room type. I would find that email and forward it with
your questions to guest relations. You might need to include a screenshot of
your current reservation from MDE.
They did send a confirmation email. Even that says standard. 🤷‍♀️ I will definitely contact guest services.

Quick transportation question, I've look around but just want to make sure I got it right. We are staying in the middle of November, and 🤞🤞 to see some Christmas decorations up at WL and other deluxe resorts. My kids would die for the gingerbread house, but I doubt it will be up before we leave 😔
Anyway, I'm wondering the best way to get to the monorail loop. Probably boat to MK then hop on? My kids really love the monorail and I'm also thinking about using it for Epcot, or at least to return back to WL some time. That process would be boat to MK, monorail to TCC and then get on the Epcot line, correct? And reverse to get back? How long do you think that'd take, vs just catching a bus. Thanks!

Quick transportation question, I've look around but just want to make sure I got it right. We are staying in the middle of November, and 🤞🤞 to see some Christmas decorations up at WL and other deluxe resorts. My kids would die for the gingerbread house, but I doubt it will be up before we leave 😔
Anyway, I'm wondering the best way to get to the monorail loop. Probably boat to MK then hop on? My kids really love the monorail and I'm also thinking about using it for Epcot, or at least to return back to WL some time. That process would be boat to MK, monorail to TCC and then get on the Epcot line, correct? And reverse to get back? How long do you think that'd take, vs just catching a bus. Thanks!
I know the timing of holiday decorations going up is a lottery and different each year, but in 2019 we were at WL on November 12 and the gingerbread house was installed that day. I hope you and your kids get to see it! Sorry that I cannot help with your transportation question.

Yes, your plan is correct. As far as how long it will take, given that you'd have to wait for the boat, the MK monorail and the TTC monorail, I'd allow a minimum of 90 minutes from the WL boat dock (the actual travel time once you're on the boat or monorail isn't very long). It might be less, if your connection times are short, and it might be longer if you have longer waits.

They did send a confirmation email. Even that says standard. 🤷‍♀️ I will definitely contact guest services.

For reference, these are the 2022 nightly rates for

Standard view (current pricing)

1664348895613.png

Nature View (original pricing)

1664348164176.png

Nature view (current pricing)

1664348987723.png

FYI, a trick I learned that has saved me more than once with hotels etc doing wonky stuff with their reservation systems, is to print, PDF, or screen capture each step of the reservation process when I am booking online. One of the reasons I only do bookings with my PC. I capture the price info, sometimes comparison price info, terms and conditions, the price per night/each night I am agreeing to (sometimes once you have booked the reservation will only show an aggregate price, not the each night price anymore... but you may need that each night pricing if you have to make adjustments to your length of stay), the details of any special rates, the details of the specific rate and rate type, etc. Takes a little bit more time, but sometimes absolutely worth it.

SW

Attachments

• 1664348188497.png
    1664348188497.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 1664348245396.png
    1664348245396.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 8

First Look At Boulder Ridge Refurbished Villa Design

No specific timeline is provided for the renovations. Four rooms are currently being modified on the fourth and fifth floors of the resort. Work will occur in "waves" with the first set of rooms available by winter 2023. The full project is not set to wrap-up until spring 2023.

345FD222-8A99-4F03-8164-4D3A346C3621.jpeg

1664474981039.jpeg
1664474994915.jpeg
1664475008695.jpeg
1664475024147.jpeg

Yes, your plan is correct. As far as how long it will take, given that you'd have to wait for the boat, the MK monorail and the TTC monorail, I'd allow a minimum of 90 minutes from the WL boat dock (the actual travel time once you're on the boat or monorail isn't very long). It might be less, if your connection times are short, and it might be longer if you have longer waits.
ok Perfect! So this will probably not be something we try to ropedrop Epcot 🤣🤣 but maybe for the afternoon return it'd be fun for them to get an extra ride in!

Booked WL for 12/4. First time being there with the Christmas decorations!!! I walked through the resort a few weeks ago and the geyser in the lobby was paneled off. Does anyone know when the geyser and bridge will be open again?

I think the answer to this is "no,"but I have to ask. I rented DVC points for a studio at Boulder Ridge for a weekend in December, but now it looks like both my teens are able to come and while a studio would technically fit us all, it would be pretty tight. Does anyone know if there's any where to upgrade to a one-bedroom when you rented points?

We just returned a week ago. We had dinner at the Contemporary twice during our visit (Steakhouse 71 and California Grill). The 1st trip there we took the boat to MK and then the monorail. The 2nd time we went, we took the bus. Contemporary and WL share buses to Disney Springs, Epcot, Studios and Animal Kingdom. The bus was much faster for us. Maybe we just hit it at the right time, but it was super quick.

How do you get to Hoop Dee Doo Review from Wilderness Lodge? We are new to WL (and very excited to be going!).

How do you get to Hoop Dee Doo Review from Wilderness Lodge? We are new to WL (and very excited to be going!).
There is a bus that runs regularly, about every 20 minutes or so from WL to the Settlement bus stop. That's right near HDDR. It's the yellow internal bus. Just ask and make sure what bus you're jumping on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter