Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Well it sure sounds like it. Did you get a SMS txt or did it appear in MDE?

If you have a SMS txt there should be a number to call or you can stop by the Front desk. Yes water views should start on the 3rd floor unless you got 2001 or 2002.

Dave
Thank you I have 2 rooms side by side rooms 2027 and 29

Did you ask for adjoing rooms? They may have been trying to assist you. Were both of your rooms booked as Water View?

Dave

Was wondering: I just got my room number and noticed I was put on the second floor. I booked a water view room which I was told starts on the third floor or above. I think I was put in a courtyard/resort view.
I’ve not heard that, but it doesn’t mean anything. From the Disney website water view is “Views of Pool, Waterfall, Bay Lake or Copper Creek”. I think when they combined some of the categories (got rid of standard and garden view, etc) some of the rooms are a little debatable as to what category they should fall under. Technically you can see part of Copper Creek/pool, but it is definitely a stretch. Maybe ask at the FD if you want to move?

Was wondering: I just got my room number and noticed I was put on the second floor. I booked a water view room which I was told starts on the third floor or above. I think I was put in a courtyard/resort view.
The water view category includes the pool and waterfall. This used to be called courtyard view, but no longer. I think it is very misleading and Disney has to change their "one size fits all" policy for room categories. WL doesn't have very many rooms with an unobstructed view of Bay Lake.

The wing of the resort that is closest to the lake has ground floor and 2nd floor water view rooms, too.

Visited the resort today for lunch at Whispering Canyon and saw a sign listing Memorial Day activities. @mrsap, feel free to add this to the rec calendar thread if you’d like.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 33
Shame on me, i have been neglecting WL. I did not realize Salon by the Springs was now Humphrey’s Hideout and being used for crafts, I guess I’m way behind. I wish they would bring back the bar. 😕 But glad the space is being used for something productive.

Staying next month in a resort view room. Can anyone recommend a room or area of resort we should try to request?

@MissDisney21 what would you like to be near? With the merged room categories it is somewhat broad. Do you want to be near the elevators, higher floor, or something else?

Dave

Can anyone tell me if CL typically calls before your stay? We are just over a week out from our stay at WL and I haven't heard from them. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if CL typically calls before your stay? We are just over a week out from our stay at WL and I haven't heard from them. Thanks!

Yes, they usually (but not always) do in the days leading up to your arrival. While the exact timing can vary, you’re likely just a touch outside of normal timing.

Enjoy your WL CL stay! Such a treat.

It varies based on many external factors. What are your contact preferences with Disney and what phone you have registered with your Disney account or resort reservation. We have received a call on some stays and others no call with no particular rhyme or reason that we could determine.

Do you have specific issues or concerns to discuss with the CL CMs or do you just want a Welcome call?

Dave

It varies based on many external factors. What are your contact preferences with Disney and what phone you have registered with your Disney account or resort reservation. We have received a call on some stays and others no call with no particular rhyme or reason that we could determine.

Do you have specific issues or concerns to discuss with the CL CMs or do you just want a Welcome call?

Dave
I had a question about shirt sizes for the tie dye activity and wanted to mention an allergy. But they sent an e-mail today which I like more than a call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter