• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

well sitting at 26 days til we check in but 25 til we leave, was hoping to spend time with some family the night before we check in but things happen and we are staying right outside of Disney Springs so least can get a little Disney in that night if I want lol. But looking forward to being down over the 4th never been before.

I can’t recall... do they check for rivets on swimsuits at the jib water slide? Thanks!!

It sounds like they are offering OFF/bug spray in the rooms again (still) according to a notice a guest received recently. Has that been the case for people with recent stays at the resort? Does that include the villas, too?

:thanks:

:goodvibes
I’ll check and update when we get there this Saturday!

My 10-year-old is going through a super annoying phase right now where I’m tempted to lock him in the basement with the 6-year-old, wait a few hours, and let the survivor of Thunderdome come back up for dinner. Hoping this trip doesn’t go down as the vacation we talk about for two decades because he was such a pill to everyone.

We are on the magical express right now! Since we got in late in the day, we are staying at POFQ tonight so we can just jump on the boat to Disney Springs tomorrow morning. Then, we will be checking into the BC after some shopping for the rest of our trip! Let me know if there are any questions I can answer while we are here - no promises, but I’ll do my best.

Thank you so much! I will request king bed. We are staying at YC so hopefully we will have a full balcony. We are just glad to be going and not getting my hopes up for more than what I am paying for. Anything that is granted is just a bonus in my book. We get what we get and we don't throw a fit. Can you tell? I teach kindergarten. Thanks for you help!!!
We just got back from YC with a fabulous King bedroom 4065. It was a corner room with a small balcony with a round "porthole" overlooking the lake and Boardwalk. We had to stand up to see the EPCOT fireworks but they were great. Or you could probably see them from the windows on the other side while sitting in the room. We loved the location as very private and quiet!

Hi all!

Adult daughter and I staying at the YC from 9/8 - 9/13. First time staying on property and very excited!!! I requested ground floor as close to the BC side as possible (we booked a garden/woods view). For those familiar with the layout, does that sound doable?

we had a room on the ground floor once. It was easy to maneuver the hall if you had an ecv.

what I didn't like was that it was right near the little wedding gazebo. I kept telling ds to keep the curtain shut. Some people came by just to take a picture and yes with our luck one day they were getting ready for a wedding.

We are on the magical express right now! Since we got in late in the day, we are staying at POFQ tonight so we can just jump on the boat to Disney Springs tomorrow morning. Then, we will be checking into the BC after some shopping for the rest of our trip! Let me know if there are any questions I can answer while we are here - no promises, but I’ll do my best.
Someone had reported that the quiet pool was closed for some maintenance. If you get a chance, could you see if the quiet pool is still closed? We are arriving on Tuesday and we like to use the quiet pool, especially when it is close to our room. :)

I hope you have a great trip. :)

I’ll check and update when we get there this Saturday!

My 10-year-old is going through a super annoying phase right now where I’m tempted to lock him in the basement with the 6-year-old, wait a few hours, and let the survivor of Thunderdome come back up for dinner. Hoping this trip doesn’t go down as the vacation we talk about for two decades because he was such a pill to everyone.

In cases like this I recommend packing duct tape, Benadryl and a LARGE bottle of grain alcohol, you know, the kind of grain alcohol that is behind the counter at the PA. state stores. At least it was behind the counter, locked away when I was in college. For some reason, the people working in the State Stores in North philly would always let me buy alcohol when I was a freshman in college. That's how I know where they keep the grain alcohol.

Anyway you need to duct tape the ornery children together and put them in the closet in your room. Tell Housekeeping you have a service animal in your room and they will leave you alone. The kids will probably be barking and snarling so that will totally be believable. If there is a security check scheduled for your room 'Benadryl' the children so they can't argue with each other during this room sweep. Don't worry, "Housekeeping Security" is only looking to see if you took the runners off the foot of the bed. There is no other logical explanation for what they are doing during these sweeps.

Next up: Make Sunken Treasure drinks with the grain alcohol. I think the recipe is one ounce of grain alcohol for each problem child. Add the green stuff and a cherry and put that in your refillable mug. Go ride Spaceship Earth while sipping your Sunken Treasure on steroids. Apologize to your liver because that grain alcohol is doing a number on it.

Dragging around that refillable mug with a grain alcohol Sunken Treasure in it is exhausting so it's time to hit the lazy river at Stormalong Bay. I'm not sure if they put cup holders on the pool tubes yet so you will have to check. If they haven't gotten around to that you'll need to complain vociferously to hotel management. We got a new locker room that way so cup holders on the pool tubes should be a breeze.

If this plan isn't working for you you can probably still drop the children off at the fire station and tell the authorities they are unwanted. Sometimes just driving by the fire station and threatening the problem child/children with abandonment is enough to get them to behave. The one thing you have to watch out for is the other kids ganging up on the crabby child and pushing them out of the car when you do the fire station drive by.

Dropping children off at the fire station as unwanted is more like horse shoes than darts. The drop off doesn't have to be exact. If you can dump them within 200 feet it still counts as a drop off. Pro Tip: if you see a note pinned to the back of the problem child stating they are being given up by his brothers and sisters it's a sure sign that they plan on pushing him out of the car during the fire station drive by.

I hope that helps...

~NM
PS My money is on the 6 year old winning basement thunder dome. How can you bet against a 6 year old that sharpens her teeth to prepare for battle?

Last edited:

If you can, can you stop by the shower section of Stormalong Bay and see if they added hair dryers on the walls? I am bringing my own, I don't want to head back to the airport with wet hair. The pool manager said she was going to request to have them put in when I was there in March. Thanks!

Any recommendations for standard Beach Club Villa room request for family with 7 year old daughter? Never stayed at Beach Club before. While I am sure she will want to swim every day, if we request a room near the pool, will it be loud?

Good morning, all! I've been so focused on the info in the introductory posts, I forgot I could come to the recent posts to get updates, LOL ...

One week until our first stay ever at the Beach Club! It'll be myself, my husband, my son (9) and my daughter (5). No particular celebration, except that we haven't been to WDW since 2015.

We will be there from June 14-18, with only three days in the parks (the main part of our vacation is a weeklong stay at Anna Maria Island). Because of the relatively "short" stay, I was able to convince my husband a stay at BC was relatively more affordable than usual, ha ha ... We've got reservations for Beaches and Cream on the day of arrival *and* the day of departure, so I believe we are all set, yes? :teeth:

This is our first June visit, and I'm wondering how seriously I should take the warnings about mosquitoes this time of year, both at WDW and off-site at Anna Maria Island. My son and I seem to be particularly tasty to them, so I'm hoping at least basic preparation -- repellent plus bite remedies -- is enough.

Any recommendations for standard Beach Club Villa room request for family with 7 year old daughter? Never stayed at Beach Club before. While I am sure she will want to swim every day, if we request a room near the pool, will it be loud?
I would request to be close to the main elevators since that will also put you close to everything else, including the BC and the buses.

The BCV quiet pool is usually quiet, but you never know when someone noisy will come along. It is a pretty view, though. :)

13 for us!! Starting to get really anxious - so much to do to get ready!

I know!!!! We usually start packing a month in advance, and while I have gotten a little bit done, I definitely have not done as much as I have in the past years!! (And I’m starting to freak out a little!) I still need to go shopping too! I’m hoping this weekend we can get most of it done. This month is just flying!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter