Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here now. No refill station. Just show your mug and they'll give you a cup of what you want. They are not touching the mugs.

P.S. Congrats on being a resorts mod now. When did that happen? I guess I've been out of the loop!

Thanks! I wonder what the logic is on the refill station among the resorts. Some are open, and some aren’t.

Yeah, I moved over here to Resorts last summer sometime, if I’m remembering correctly. All this covid stuff has made me lose all track of time!

So I really want to book a trip in October ... does anyone know (what are your thoughts) on more rooms being released for that timeframe? There is nothing goof available to book.

So I really want to book a trip in October ... does anyone know (what are your thoughts) on more rooms being released for that timeframe? There is nothing goof available to book.

There are no more rooms to be released, they are just fully booked. October has been popular for years. Now with the 50th celebration starting then, pent up demand for travel & several resorts still closed, many resorts have been booked solid. You can keep checking, people change & cancel trips all the time.

That said, it’s possible there may still be conventions scheduled with blocks of rooms that might get released later. And there is a travel agency that has rooms with exclusive rates available for some dates in October.

[
Thanks! I wonder what the logic is on the refill station among the resorts. Some are open, and some aren’t.

Yeah, I moved over here to Resorts last summer sometime, if I’m remembering correctly. All this covid stuff has made me lose all track of time!

GADisneyDad14, since you're a resort board mod, I want to ask a question about the good folks who run the individual resort pages. I fondly remember WDWKOOK, but I know she had not been on these boards in years. What's the process to get a new "owner" of a thread? I can't help but think how much folks like Dee, Dan and Andre add to their resort boards. It would be great if someone could do that for the Contemporary, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge pages. Heck, I even remember when WDWKOOK took over from CR resort fan 4 life! There must be someone who might be willing to run these pages?

[

GADisneyDad14, since you're a resort board mod, I want to ask a question about the good folks who run the individual resort pages. I fondly remember WDWKOOK, but I know she had not been on these boards in years. What's the process to get a new "owner" of a thread? I can't help but think how much folks like Dee, Dan and Andre add to their resort boards. It would be great if someone could do that for the Contemporary, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge pages. Heck, I even remember when WDWKOOK took over from CR resort fan 4 life! There must be someone who might be willing to run these pages?

Great question! And something that dearly needs addressing for a few threads. I am planning a new Poly thread that will launch before it reopens in July, and I’ve pondered handling CR as well - since those are two resorts I frequent/know the most about. Like with a lot of things in life, every time I sit down to focus on it I get distracted by other things.

A few months ago I posted on the BWI and CSR thread asking for any volunteers, but never heard anything. I need to make the rounds again on those threads, WL, and probably a few others.

Some have grown quite stale given the passage of time, as DISers come and go, etc.

If interested, feel free to PM me. There’s really no formality to it - the DIS is ultimately a DISer driven forum... most of it is what we all make it as individual contributors and/or ‘keepers’ of certain threads.

Hope that answers your question. :goodvibes

so it was back on 4/21 and now gone again? Or we can refill at marketplace but need a CM at HH?

Right. At marketplace you can get your own but at HH only the bartenders can get it for you. I'm guessing because they don't have the hot side open so there's no one to maintain it?

Great question! And something that dearly needs addressing for a few threads. I am planning a new Poly thread that will launch before it reopens in July, and I’ve pondered handling CR as well - since those are two resorts I frequent/know the most about. Like with a lot of things in life, every time I sit down to focus on it I get distracted by other things.

A few months ago I posted on the BWI and CSR thread asking for any volunteers, but never heard anything. I need to make the rounds again on those threads, WL, and probably a few others.

Some have grown quite stale given the passage of time, as DISers come and go, etc.

If interested, feel free to PM me. There’s really no formality to it - the DIS is ultimately a DISer driven forum... most of it is what we all make it as individual contributors and/or ‘keepers’ of certain threads.

Hope that answers your question. :goodvibes

Hi- I'll just add that like GADisneyDad14 said, there is nothing really official about running a particular board- someone just volunteers.

After my first trip to the Beach Club, I noticed that a bunch of pictures on the FAQ thread were no longer available. I took lots of pictures on that trip, so I figured I could fill in the gaps, but I had to start a new thread to do so.

I'm not sure what would happen if there were competing threads for the same resort- it's not a problem I have seen.

The only time I remember a big issue was when all of the regular resort FAQ threads were moved from the Resorts Board to the Community Forum and were replaced with generic resort threads that didn't have a lot of content. There was quite an uproar from the people who had put a lot of time into creating comprehensive and helpful resources of information and from guests who relied on them.

Thankfully, that change was short-lived, just a few days, following many complaints.

End of history lesson. And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

::yes::

We'll be staying at BC 6/13-6/19, and while I thought we'd originally drive or walk to parks, it looks like the bus might be the fastest way to get to AK and MK. Which resort (YC/BC) would be best to board the bus and which stop??

The only time I remember a big issue was when all of the regular resort FAQ threads were moved from the Resorts Board to the Community Forum and were replaced with generic resort threads that didn't have a lot of content. There was quite an uproar from the people who had put a lot of time into creating comprehensive and helpful resources of information and from guests who relied on them.

Thankfully, that change was short-lived, just a few days, following many complaints.
I remember that snafu when all the resort threads disappeared into
the resorts community board! But it was the insistent but respectful posters on this board that brought them back!

::yes::

I love your optimism! Are you thinking CL might be back then too? We have reservations for the first week of December, at both the BWI and YC. Like many, we cancelled multiple trips last year and just don't want to get our hopes up for this year. Hope you're right!
I heard a rumor that they are planning to reopen in the fall. :)
My sister wants to join us at the Beach Club, or Yacht Club, in October but has not been able to find an open reservation. I told her to just keep looking because rooms open up as people cancel. But in the meantime, she has a reservation at the Dolphin.

We'll be staying at BC 6/13-6/19, and while I thought we'd originally drive or walk to parks, it looks like the bus might be the fastest way to get to AK and MK. Which resort (YC/BC) would be best to board the bus and which stop??
There are pros and cons to each resort. The Yacht Club is a smaller resort than the BC/BVC, so lines will be shorter for buses. But it also seems as if they send less buses to the YC for the morning park crowd then they do for the BC/BCV bus stop. All of the buses later in the day stop at both resorts with the YC being the first stop.

Last edited:

There is a certain travel agency, which is not the one which is affiliated with the Disboards, which always books a big chunk of rooms and runs specials for that time of year. If you can't find a room, it could be because they have grabbed so many rooms for people who want to book through them.

I heard a rumor that they are planning to reopen in the fall. :)

My sister wants to join us at the Beach Club, or Yacht Club, in October but has not been able to find an open reservation. I told her to just keep looking because rooms open up as people cancel. But in the meantime, she has a reservation at the Dolphin.

There are pros and cons to each resort. The Yacht Club is a smaller resort than the BC/BVC, so lines will be shorter for buses. But it also seems as if they send less buses to the YC for the morning park crowd then they do for the BC/BCV bus stop. All of the buses later in the day stop at both resorts with the YC being the first stop.

Are the YC and BC not sharing busses in the morning?

There is a certain travel agency, which is not the one which is affiliated with the Disboards, which always books a big chunk of rooms and runs specials for that time of year. If you can't find a room, it could be because they have grabbed so many rooms for people who want to book through them.

I can say this is definitely the case with the Poly the first week of August. I’m running into the problem that I would need to cancel my BC reservation to book the Poly portion with non-refundable tickets (purchased through this agency) and then book a resort only stay at the BC for the second part of our stay. The BC has zero availability for the entire two weeks we are there so I’m nervous to cancel our reservation and rebook a resort only stay. I don’t want to lose our room there. So, for now we are staying put at the BC for the entire two weeks and I check multiple times a day for a room to open at the Poly.

Thanks for the info. I have an Annual Pass and was hoping to use it if a discount was released for then. And I’m not that up on things like most of you to know about other travel agencies would be. Haha.

They have not due to limited bus capacity due to social distancing but at some point that is going to change.

Dave

Yes, I’m fully expecting it to change sooner rather than later, but I do wish this were the case for our August trip.

So in normal times, do the Yacht and Beach Clubs share a bus stop at AK and MK? Or are there two separate lines and we can just hop in whichever the shortest line is?

And said agency is also totally sold out of all their Oct blocks for YC/BC - we tried to get in on that and they sold out VERY quickly. Same with their blocks at Poly and Contemporary. The fall is going to be very very interesting. Lots of changes coming...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter