Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question about current Cabana use. I know they are not stocking the fridge like they use to. Can I place our fruit tray in it to keep it cool ? When they come around for the included water/pop can I ask for 2 and throw one in the fridge?

a few pages back, someone said they knew a cast member recalled to open the grill with the Beach club opening. So I am thinking that we will see it open by Memorial Day weekend, which is perfect for us because that’s when we arrive.

I certainly hope so. That would be great.

Page 1835-1836

I will be staying at YC 6/64-27. (Please add me to the BOG list : ) This is my first stay at YC, and I am very much looking forward to it. My trip begins on the 20th at GF. This is a big trip for me. My first solo trip, and I am celebrating my 50th bday. These boards are always so helpful. I spend entirely too much time stalking here. lol I am approaching this visit with a flexible mindset. I know that things will be vastly different from my previous visits. The only things that have me a bit concerned are wearing a mask in the heat of June, and crowd levels. Because of the heat, I once swore that I would never go to WDW in the summer again. But, I am planning on a lot of resort time this trip. So, I will try to work around the hottest parts of the day. My crowd concern is also due to the heat- but again, I will plan wisely. Thanks to the mods for keeping this thread going. It's been so helpful!

:welcome:

Sounds like a fantastic trip to celebrate your milestone birthday.

I'll add you to the list.

Looks like you will get a little relief on the mask-wearing.

:cool1:

1) Need my next stay updated. Not going in April of 2022 but February of 2022 for mid-winter break instead!

2) We changed from water view to deluxe. Can someone that's stayed in a deluxe before speak to the differences in the room? I saw that they supposedly have a little more room but that could translate in a ton of ways. My youtube foo is failing me and when I search for deluxe rooms BC, all that comes up are Deluxe studios at BCV.

Got it!

Hope you were able to check out a few pictures on link posted earlier on this thread.

::yes::

Re: room requests.

When I first started here on the Disboards, it was common to fax room requests a few days ahead of arrival. The only thing I want is to have the daybed because my sons are giants and cannot share a bed. I know that when I made my reservation, the CM and I talked about us needing a room with the 3rd bed, so I'm hoping she put a note on the reservation. The last time I called Disney, I was on hold for almost an hour, so I'd like to avoid calling again if possible. Do they still accept faxed room requests?

I did the online check-in and noted our arrival as 9:00 AM. We were going to drive down on 5/31 but our plans changed and now we're driving on 5/30. I didn't want to pay for another night at BC, so I made an off-site reservation. I plan for us to check in, hopefully get into our room and send the kids to the pool while we get a few groceries. I figure the chances of someone else having a 1-night reservation on opening night and our room having to be cleaned are pretty slim.

I was told several years ago by a room assigner that they did not pay attention to the faxes for room requests. I'm not sure if that referred just to faxes from guests, or the ones from paid services.

Since you are getting there so early, my recommendation to you is to go directly to the front desk to make sure your room has a daybed, and if not, request a change.

:thumbsup2

I see there is a post about Cape May possibly opening May 18th. I certainly hope that is true.

We will be there in July but I expect reservations to fil up fast no matter what. I'm checking every day now - at least twice - since I don't expect there will be much if any pre-announcement. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, May 18 is two weeks away. I do wonder when they will open ADRs for it?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I see from subsequent posts that you were able to get a reservation for Cape May. Hooray!

I like your profile picture and signature quote.

:cool2:

Hi! We rebooked our twice canceled April 2020 trip to this summer and really looking forward to it! We will be at Yacht club July 23-28 and Poly from 28-Aug 1. Can you please add us to the list? thanks so much!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Any news about hurricane Hannah’s opening the grill soon??
a few pages back, someone said they knew a cast member recalled to open the grill with the Beach club opening. So I am thinking that we will see it open by Memorial Day weekend, which is perfect for us because that’s when we arrive.

So it is "open" already. But not what you are thinking. It is the literal grill and fryers that are open. 1 cook. No QSR staff. They were moved out of Cape May to make room for Cape May to open.

AFAIK, you can order the burgers, tenders, chicken sandwich, fries from the cocktail cast or the bartenders. Not sure if you can always order from the bartenders but they were allowing that the other day.

But you can't access the QSR area of the location.

Ice cream news!!

The Beaches and Cream to-go window is relocating to the Boardwalk and opens on the 20th (barring any complications). All the usual favorites will be there under new names.

They are taking over the Ample Hills location to do this and the ice cream will be available weekdays(M-F) 3-10 and weekends(S/S) 12-10.

Has anyone staying over at the BWV seen any activity going on there?

Ice cream news!!

The Beaches and Cream to-go window is relocating to the Boardwalk and opens on the 20th (barring any complications). All the usual favorites will be there under new names.

They are taking over the Ample Hills location to do this and the ice cream will be available weekdays(M-F) 3-10 and weekends(S/S) 12-10.

Such a good idea! The B&C window never was adequate, even in pre-pandemic times.

Ice cream news!!

This is a great idea! I love it!

So it is "open" already. But not what you are thinking. It is the literal grill and fryers that are open. 1 cook. No QSR staff. They were moved out of Cape May to make room for Cape May to open.

AFAIK, you can order the burgers, tenders, chicken sandwich, fries from the cocktail cast or the bartenders. Not sure if you can always order from the bartenders but they were allowing that the other day.

Do you know if there are plans to “open” Hurricane Hanna’s like we knew it prior to the pandemic?

Are all the resorts, in particular Yacht Club, still maintaining a lower capacity? Or does anything think that capacity will change in the next several days? We travel in less than 2 weeks and REALLY hoping we can move from Beach Club to Yacht Club.

Do you know if there are plans to “open” Hurricane Hanna’s like we knew it prior to the pandemic?

Not at the moment. Everything hinges on social distancing measures for cast. Like the announcement that cast could stop wearing shields, didn't apply to food service. And the outdoor no masks, doesn't apply to cast. So once that is sorted, then I suppose people very high up the corporate chain will make the decisions on how/when to reopen the remaining closed places in the resorts/parks.

Most of what is still closed are closed because they are tiny. No place for the cast to go but on top of each other.

Ice cream news!!

May I ask, where did you see/hear this news? Thanks 🙂

thanks for clarifying this. So, while not ideal at least that means we should be able to order food while at SAB. we always hang out there after rope dropping a park and coming back around noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter