Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m reminded of the few pitfalls of the Skyliner. Opted to take Skyliner from DHS back to YC but currently stuck at CBR transfer station due to lightning. Would be back in the room by now if we had walked.

I knew there were a few showers around but nothing crazy bad on the radar, so figured the risk was low when we boarded at DHS. I guessed wrong!

They took all of our names and destinations and said they are mobilizing buses.

Oh well, might just have to pass the time at Banana Cabana. 😂

This has happened to us before so I know the drill, but still a definite curveball.

Ended up taking 49 minutes from the time we arrived at the CBR transfer station until we got off the bus at YC. Not the end of the world, but not ideal either - it’s a tough situation for Disney since it takes time to mobile buses.

The “Skyliner Resort” bus order was Pop, AoA, YC, BC. There wasn’t anyone going to BWI on our bus, not sure where that would have fallen in the order.

The time it takes to bus around Pop and AoA is painstakingly slow. Lol!

CMs did a good job organizing people and keeping order, as best as can be.

Any word on when the Beaches and Cream walk up window is going to reopen? That’s a nightly tradition for us.

Anyone there now? I’m looking for summer pool hours. We’re headed there in early August. Thanks!

Just coming here to post the activities schedule.

As GADisneyDad14 indicates, pool hours for July are 10 am to 11 pm. Those hours have been in effect since April, I believe. It would be nice if they pool opened earlier in the summer months.

:fish:

Ended up taking 49 minutes from the time we arrived at the CBR transfer station until we got off the bus at YC. Not the end of the world, but not ideal either - it’s a tough situation for Disney since it takes time to mobile buses.

The “Skyliner Resort” bus order was Pop, AoA, YC, BC. There wasn’t anyone going to BWI on our bus, not sure where that would have fallen in the order.

The time it takes to bus around Pop and AoA is painstakingly slow. Lol!

CMs did a good job organizing people and keeping order, as best as can be.
Thanks for the realtime updates! Hope I can return the favor in October. Note to self....walk back from HS! Can't be late for pool time or F&W!

Any Crews Cup movement? We’ll be there in a week and I was kind of holding out hope - alas the last few times during the pandemic we’ve had to settle for Martha’s Vineyard - not terrible but definitely not Crews Cup.

Need help thinking through something. Was trying to help a family this AM at BC/YC that needed to get to Riv for breakfast.

For an early Riv breakfast before the Skyliner is running, that’s a situation where they need to car/rideshare/taxi, correct? Or do they run a Skyliner resort bus at that hour?

Need help thinking through something. Was trying to help a family this AM at BC/YC that needed to get to Riv for breakfast.

For an early Riv breakfast before the Skyliner is running, that’s a situation where they need to car/rideshare/taxi, correct? Or do they run a Skyliner resort bus at that hour?
Skyliner should be running for those trying to get to Studios, I would think. Have they checked at the IG station? Or they could ask at the front desk.

Skyliner is up and running. We just did this a few weeks ago. The most you might have to do is show a skyliner cast member your reservation so you can board because it normally isn't open to boarding at that stop otherwise. We had no problems!

I think it would depend on what time the ADR is for. As far as I know, the skyliner starts about an hour before park opening. If their reservation is during that time, they can get on at the Epcot station. There is no Skyliner resort bus from the Epcot resorts for them to take. And even if they walked to Studios, the buses for the Skyliner resorts runs very infrequently, maybe once an hour? So they would need to take the Skyliner from Studios all the way back to Riviera anyway. So for a very early ADR, ride share or taxi is the best bet.

l
I think it would depend on what time the ADR is for. As far as I know, the skyliner starts about an hour before park opening. If their reservation is during that time, they can get on at the Epcot station. There is no Skyliner resort bus from the Epcot resorts for them to take. And even if they walked to Studios, the buses for the Skyliner resorts runs very infrequently, maybe once an hour? So they would need to take the Skyliner from Studios all the way back to Riviera anyway. So for a very early ADR, ride share or taxi is the best bet.

Yeah, this was 7:15am or so, too early for the Skyliner (DHS opens at 9am). The poor family - it was pouring down rain and they were huddled up under the quiet pool restrooms there by BC. They were sending the dad to go check if the Skyliner station was open - I was finishing my run and had just been by there and the gates just over the hill were still closed.

I told them I thought at that hour the only option was vehicle, but when I walked away I started wondering if I was missing something.

I felt bad, you could tell this may have been a first trip, two strollers, small kids, really heavy rain - probably had not thought through the transportation part. Hopefully they figured it out and the day got better for them!

Headed back to BC 8/3-8/4 for a super quick visit. Headed from Atlanta to Naples for a cross-Florida bike ride, and my teammate has never been to a Disney park. Couldn’t miss the chance. I’m so excited to return to my role as WDW Drill Sergeant! That guy thinks the BIKE RIDE is going to be the hard part!!

Reading these recent bus reports has me nervous, especially with a lot to see in one day. So I pose a couple questions, BC family:

1) For AK rope drop, should I bother waiting for a bus, or just commit to an Uber? Not worried about the price - very worried about spending all morning queued up at FoP!

2) Trying to plan a late night dinner, ideally at B&C or A&C. Can always hit the lounge.
If we end the night at HEA, roughly what time should we plan to be back at BC?

CANNOT WAIT TO BE BACK IN THE WORLD!!!

l

Yeah, this was 7:15am or so, too early for the Skyliner (DHS opens at 9am). The poor family - it was pouring down rain and they were huddled up under the quiet pool restrooms there by BC. They were sending the dad to go check if the Skyliner station was open - I was finishing my run and had just been by there and the gates just over the hill were still closed.

I told them I thought at that hour the only option was vehicle, but when I walked away I started wondering if I was missing something.

I felt bad, you could tell this may have been a first trip, two strollers, small kids, really heavy rain - probably had not thought through the transportation part. Hopefully they figured it out and the day got better for them!

So nice of you to try & help them. Poor things, I hope they got there eventually. I keep reading about the breakfast @ Topolino’s, but the transportation keeps me from booking it. Hope you’re having a good trip & the weather improves so you can enjoy the fireworks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter