Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

How is the parking lot at the Yacht Club? We are trying to decide between the Yacht Club vs Boardwalk. We have stayed at Beach Club before and the distance from the parking lot is certainly a plus over the Boardwalk. We have stayed a lot at the Boardwalk and the distance from the parking lot is definitely a minus even though we love it there.
If you like Beach Club's parking lot distance from the lobby, you will find Yacht Club superior. The valet reserved area is removed from the main parking lot so all the spots as soon as you pull in are for guests. The Convention Center's lot can also be used as overflow and it's on the opposite side of the main lot. YC parking distance > BC parking distance.

The one thing better about BC parking is the size of the lot, but you also have all of BCV you share with.

Has Disney ever announced when in Jan. the work will start on SAB? We were hoping to stay at Bc for Marathon Weekend but don’t know when SAB closes. I doubt they would start until after that weekend but don't see a date anywhere, just Jan. 2025.

Has Disney ever announced when in Jan. the work will start on SAB? We were hoping to stay at Bc for Marathon Weekend but don’t know when SAB closes. I doubt they would start until after that weekend but don't see a date anywhere, just Jan. 2025.
They haven't announced a start date yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't announce a start date. ;)

Truly, I don’t think marathon weekend will play into when they close it. After the marathon, it’s MLK weekend, which is also a busy weekend. And by then, they’ve lost the whole month of January . There’s always going to be something going on. January 1st is a Wednesday, so the resorts will probably have holiday crowds all week. Personally, I’d expect the pool to start getting shut down that weekend, January 4th or so. But that’s just my opinion.

Truly, I don’t think marathon weekend will play into when they close it. After the marathon, it’s MLK weekend, which is also a busy weekend. And by then, they’ve lost the whole month of January . There’s always going to be something going on. January 1st is a Wednesday, so the resorts will probably have holiday crowds all week. Personally, I’d expect the pool to start getting shut down that weekend, January 4th or so. But that’s just my opinion.
I agree with you. Disney plans construction all the time during busy holidays or events. The marathon would only affect road closures, not resort construction. I think the first Monday after Jan 1st would be a likely date for the pool closure.

As another thought in addition to pp, we’ve spent plenty of Marathon Weekends at BCV with SAB closed due to cold weather! It’s all seriously just a crapshoot! 🙃

If anyone is staying at YC/BC anytime soon and gets a milkshake from Beaches and Cream with one of those souvenir cups...would anyone mind selling me an extra?

If you have one and someone you love put it in the dishwasher, you know why I need a replacement. Merchandise services won't sell me one directly because apparently I have to go 1000 miles south and consume a milkshake to do that.

Now I happen to like traveling 1000 miles south and consuming a milkshake at times (thankfully my wife, who can't eat cane sugar, doesn't mind)...but there's one little problem. The budget is all dried up for a few months.

Seriously, I'll pay a finders fee and shipping if someone has an extra!! $30 shipped if you want to sell one. I'll also hide it from my wife, who likes to put it in the dishwasher but won't put the huge bowl that always blocks the drain in the dishwasher. Go figure.

(should add...please clean it out a little because I don't think a milkshake would do too well in the mail...or with UPS or FedEx for that matter)

When we were there in Feb, we were told that the YC lounge was going to be remodeled. They had workers in the room measuring the walls and the floors. One of the cast members said that the coffee station was being moved out of that location, removing rugs and painting. I heard that they were going to put an island in where the half wall is. I thought they said it was happening in April. Maybe its going to be May, June. I was told that it would "new" when go back in October

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

When we were there in Feb, we were told that the YC lounge was going to be remodeled. They had workers in the room measuring the walls and the floors. One of the cast members said that the coffee station was being moved out of that location, removing rugs and painting. I heard that they were going to put an island in where the half wall is. I thought they said it was happening in April. Maybe its going to be May, June. I was told that it would "new" when go back in October

When they remodeled the lounge back in 2016 or so, they set up a temporary lounge in one of the big suites at the other end of the hall. I actually preferred it in there!

Thanks, now I vaguely remember that you posted about it. We have a reservation for early September. Hope they’ll release more info about it soon.

Our last trip to Disney was in January 2020 - with a bounce back planned for that June - which never happened, of course.

We're coming back to my favorite resort in June, Beach Club (well, YC is too but that wasn't available). So many changes that I won't even recognize the place!

Quick question:

Is calling in for room requests still a thing? Knowing that nothing is guaranteed, obviously. I always used to ask for "full balcony". Even the room categories are different - we're currently booked as "Resort View".

Thanks!

Our last trip to Disney was in January 2020 - with a bounce back planned for that June - which never happened, of course.

We're coming back to my favorite resort in June, Beach Club (well, YC is too but that wasn't available). So many changes that I won't even recognize the place!

Quick question:

Is calling in for room requests still a thing? Knowing that nothing is guaranteed, obviously. I always used to ask for "full balcony". Even the room categories are different - we're currently booked as "Resort View".

Thanks!
You can still call in for room requests! Our TA did that for us when we stayed at YC last May, but I also put in a request through Touring Plans. We wanted to be close to the elevator because I wanted to avoid the hallways on hallways and we got the perfect room very convenient to the lobby.

Yes room requests are still a thing. Resort View is now a combination of Standard and Garden/Woods views. Water view combines Crescent view and Pool view into 1 Water-view. Full Balcony is still somewhat iffy as the BC only had about 50% Full balconies vs Juliet balconies.

Also the room assignment function has been centralized vs at the individual resort. It is also a good idea to stop by the Front Desk as early as possible on your check-in day to confirm your request may have been met. You can always ask what is available on your check-in day that may meet your requests.

Dave

Another room request question
We had an amazing stay in YC Room 4241. It's a smaller room, on the corner, and was absolutely perfect for us, despite being a 'resort view'. We've tried to get the same room or a similar one two other times with no luck. Both times we had rooms with problems: torn carpet in the halls that made us trip, a broken refrigerator that made noise all night, broken air conditioner, etc. We're at the point where, if we could get 4241 (or a similar quiet corner room) we'd love to go to YC again, if not, we'll try another resort. Am I right in thinking there's no way to pay a premium to get a room (or style of room) and/or no way to know the room assigned a few days in advance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter