Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

page 425-426

Hi Everyone! I need some help wording this. Because we have the magical exclusive agency package which only has SV rooms available, I am a bit limited. More than having a full balcony (which would be great), I am more concerned with being over or near the service entrance/parking lot, or over the Port Cochere. We had a trip to GF last year where we were near the service truck entrance and every morning at 5am I woke (and remained awake) to beeping. I don't want to hear the traffic of the ME busses, either. In addition to asking for what I do want, is there a way to ask for what I don't want? Thanks in advance!

I don't know for sure that you can ask for what you don't want, but I suspect that as long as the room assigner can understand your request, they will try to accommodate it. So maybe "Not close to the front entrance Port Chocere, please".

Question for the masses- are there BC rooms that overlook the service entrance? I know there are YC rooms, but I'm not sure I have seen or heard of similar rooms at BC.

ETA- looks like Wood Nymph confirmed what I thought:

FWIW - the service area is closer to the YC then to the BC. The rooms are set back from the bus stop and the parking lot. So you don't really hear the beeping of service vehicles. But if your room is close to the Port Cochere you might be able to hear some vehicle noise. There are a lot of resorts in which I will not book a standard room, but Beach Club isn't one of them. :)

I'll address your question about how to make the requests later in this post.

:goodvibes

Hi all! Just a quick question I thought would best go here. When staying at the BCV last summer there was a lot work being completed on the BC itself. Is that work finished? Were all rooms upgraded or only certain blocks?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

As Katesdad pointed out, BC rooms are finished, work on BCV is underway, YC lounge has been renovated, YC rooms will be refurbed, but we don't know when that will start. You can follow developments in the progress of the work in the first post of the thread.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! We (me, DH, DD7 and DD4) are going with another family 10/1 - 10/8. We are staying at BCV and they are staying at YC. I can see on the map that BCV is farther away from YC than BC - so what location should we request for our room to be as close as possible to YC? It would also be nice to be closer to SAB.

We've never even visited the BW area, so we're VERY excited to try this resort!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

I'll leave it to folks with more familiarity with the villas to respond about a suggested location for you.

:cool1:

Hi Guys! I'm looking forward to my first Beach Club stay in August. Thanks so this thread I booked today and requested a large balcony and an upper floor. What else do I need to know? I'm so excited. This is my first Deluxe stay!

:welcome:

I love your excitement! Thanks for checking out the info on Page 1.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Has anyone ever used the charcoal grills at BCV? Do they even have grills? Where are they located? I'm assuming you need to provide your own charcoal and grilling utensils. thx

:scratchin

Never used them, but they're located by the Dunes Cove pool [sort of]. There's a path that parallels the canal from the pool to the front entrance of the BC. They are located on the left as you head to BC front lobby. Yes, you'll need your own utensils and charcoal. :drinking1

Thanks so much for the info! I didn't know that!!!

I have never stayed at the villas, and most of the info I have on Page 1 was either inherited from this forum before I started managing it, or has been provided by viewers like you!

:worship:

Room Requests When Booking with a Travel Agent

Hi Everyone! I need some help wording this. I'm going to be calling in (or having my TA do it--not sure which yet) my room requests. Because we have the magical exclusive agency package which only has SV rooms available, I am a bit limited. More than having a full balcony (which would be great), I am more concerned with being over or near the service entrance/parking lot, or over the Port Cochere. We had a trip to GF last year where we were near the service truck entrance and every morning at 5am I woke (and remained awake) to beeping. I don't want to hear the traffic of the ME busses, either. In addition to asking for what I do want, is there a way to ask for what I don't want? Also, would you recommend I call this in myself, or have my TA do it? Not sure which will be more effective. Thanks in advance!

I have been able to call in room requests directly to the resort, about one week prior to check-in date, even if booked through a TA or OTA. They can look up your reservation by first/last name - you don't need any confirmation number. You could certainly request a "quiet" room, in addition to having a full balcony. The room assigners will usually try to comply with your requests, subject to room availability. It's usually good to ask for preferences, in order of priority.

The direct contact for the BC is (407) 934-8000.

This is contrary to what I have always read. I always book my own reservation but I believe that if you use a Travel Agent they"own" the reservation until you check in.
The above phone number is routed to a call center, not the BC itself.

If you use a travel agent to book the reservation then you have to make your requests through them. Disney won't talk to you. But you will be able to request a full balcony when you do online check in. :)

I have done this for my past two recent bookings, which were made through Orbitz. I will double-check the number I called, but I was accommodated by the cast member, in each instance, without any problems, whatsoever. It has always been much more of a process to make the room requests through Orbitz; this was so much easier and quicker. I also got to hear someone wish me a "magical day," which I don't hear from Orbitz :)

So, I don't really know the definitive answer...

I have always been under the impression that if you book with a travel agency (Dreams Unlimited, AAA, or some other agency), they "own" your reservation, as Hopefully points out and they are the ones who have to make reservation requests.

With Orbitz and maybe other 3rd party booking agencies (Travelocity, Expedia) guests have had more success making direct contact with Disney after reserving a stay.

Has anyone with a magical reservation been able to contact Disney directly with room requests?

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
Question for the masses- are there BC rooms that overlook the service entrance? I know there are YC rooms, but I'm not sure I have seen or heard of similar rooms at BC.
No, there aren't any BC rooms that overlook the service entrance. If you look at the satellite image for the YC/BC, you'll see that the service entrance is located between the two resorts. And the road into that service entrance doesn't go in front of any of the resort rooms.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf888e62fdee747bc!6m1!1e1

The big flat roof that covers the service areas keeps some of the noise away. I've only had one stay so far in a standard view room with the big flat roof view, and it was really quiet.

The Yacht Club standard rooms can get noise from the convention center traffic.

Last edited:
page 425-426

Room Requests When Booking with a Travel Agent

So, I don't really know the definitive answer...

I have always been under the impression that if you book with a travel agency (Dreams Unlimited, AAA, or some other agency), they "own" your reservation, as Hopefully points out and they are the ones who have to make reservation requests.

With Orbitz and maybe other 3rd party booking agencies (Travelocity, Expedia) guests have had more success making direct contact with Disney after reserving a stay.

Has anyone with a magical reservation been able to contact Disney directly with room requests?

That's a really good question, Dee. My requests only were for Orbitz-booked rooms; both were at the YC.

This is contrary to what I have always read. I always book my own reservation but I believe that if you use a Travel Agent they"own" the reservation until you check in.
The above phone number is routed to a call center, not the BC itself.

I called (407) 934-7000 for the YC. The number I provided in my post was the same, except it was the dedicated number for the BC. This matches up to the number posted at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/contact.htm.

When I called, they may have answered "Guest Services."

I would not hesitate to call this number again, for any Orbitz-booked upcoming visit, based on my previous experiences.

Last edited:

Me me me! And I was told my TA has to call in. And this is why I love CL, I want a direct link so I can have IPO add my requests :) I already harass my TA way too much with all my ch-ch-changes

Can I vent about the lack of summer availability at BC CL..... all good, I'll finally check out BWI (but SAB we will miss you :( )

23 days until Beach Club!!!!!!!!!!

Booked our third annual F&WF long weekend at the BC! ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

This time we're back to November at mine and DD's request - better for her schoolwork-wise, plus she's been wanting to go back to MVMCP for quite a few years now...she has never been a fan of Halloween.

Also, already requested my purple Magicband! Sounds silly, but I've been hoping for my favorite color for a while. Now to visit myfantasybands for the glitter overlays. DD had the pink band with pink glitter last year - it looked really pretty and so many CM's commented on how much they liked the glittery touch.

November is so far away......

:sunny:

:welcome: to the tread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

As Katesdad pointed out, BC rooms are finished, work on BCV is underway, YC lounge has been renovated, YC rooms will be refurbed, but we don't know when that will start. You can follow developments in the progress of the work in the first post of the thread.

Thanks!!! Yes we do, we're doing a split stay at Coronado Springs (3 nights) and BC (2 nights). We love the BC but it was out of our price range for the full trip so we squeezed it into the end. Great to hear the renovations are complete. Saw some pictures and the rooms look really great.

MaybeeeeEEEEeeeee. Right now there is a RUMOR wondering whether Disney is going to crack down on guests bringing food INTO the parks. However Ninja Mom is more worried about Disney cracking down on the REMOVAL of Pretzel Bread from the Biergarten.

View attachment 155582

I would be worried about that too. The pretzel bread travels well and are a great snack.

I am sure we could "disguise" the cupcakes and sneak them past the crack security guards.

I called (407) 934-7000 for the YC. The number I provided in my post was the same, except it was the dedicated number for the BC. This matches up to the number posted at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/contact.htm.

I would not hesitate to call this number again, for any Orbitz-booked upcoming visit, based on my previous experiences.

It has been common knowledge (meaning I can't swear on a Bible that it is accurate) that when you call the official number for a Disney hotel, the phone line is answered by someone in a call center rather than by someone who is actually in the hotel. Same thing happens when you are in your room in a Disney hotel and you press the button which says "front desk." I believe most people call 407-W-DISNEY when they want to add room requests to their reservation.

It has been common knowledge (meaning I can't swear on a Bible that it is accurate) that when you call the official number for a Disney hotel, the phone line is answered by someone in a call center rather than by someone who is actually in the hotel. Same thing happens when you are in your room in a Disney hotel and you press the button which says "front desk." I believe most people call 407-W-DISNEY when they want to add room requests to their reservation.

This! :thumbsup2

This question may not be a straight up Beach Club question but you all are so excellent at answering questions, I figured I"d give it a shot. My adult daughter may join our family this summer at the BC and we may put her in my mom's room as my mom is alone in the room as of now. Here's the problem, my mom doesn't have a park hopper like the rest of the family but she has the same amount of park days (7) as all of us. We booked a magical package and so does that mean if my daughter is in my mom's room, she has to have a base pass only (like my mom has) or can she get the park hopper added? I do know with the magical deal you cant upgrade days or hopper pass later during the trip but we are months away from check in. I also know I can reach out to a TA but you are all so much more fun to deal with! :) THanks.

When I called the normal Disney Travel number in the past, I was told they could not place any room requests, if my reservation was not made directly through therm, so I did not even try calling there. I was actually connected by a CM at a different number At the time of the first call, I was connected by a CM to another CM; she also gave me the direct number, if the call did not properly transfer. When I had another booking that I wanted to place room requests for, I called that number, directly. I did not necessarily believe that the CMs I spoke with were actually onsite at the YC (maybe part of a team that handled several resorts, including YC), but they took care of my room requests and actually asked if there were anything else they could take care of for me. When the calls were completed, there were no mentions of the survey, and no recorded message about the survey, when the calls ended. These calls were very different; I noticed that immediately. Again, the calls were answered with something like "Guest Services."

I fully understand about most calls from guest rooms being connected to the call center or to people off-site. I was first advised about that approximately four years ago, after I placed a maintenance request, and the person who came to my room told me about it. He said I could receive more prompt service by going to the Concierge or Front Desk with my request or problem. I'm sure that many guests are not aware of the connection to the call center, when they think they are actually speaking to the Front Desk or other selections on their room phone.

Is there any update on when they are refurbing the Yacht Club rooms? Specifically club level? I know the lounge has been completed for a few months.

We tried for Beach Club for our dates in October with no luck, however Yacht is available. Trying to decide if we should stay with Yacht club or do Boardwalk instead.

This question may not be a straight up Beach Club question but you all are so excellent at answering questions, I figured I"d give it a shot. My adult daughter may join our family this summer at the BC and we may put her in my mom's room as my mom is alone in the room as of now. Here's the problem, my mom doesn't have a park hopper like the rest of the family but she has the same amount of park days (7) as all of us. We booked a magical package and so does that mean if my daughter is in my mom's room, she has to have a base pass only (like my mom has) or can she get the park hopper added? I do know with the magical deal you cant upgrade days or hopper pass later during the trip but we are months away from check in. I also know I can reach out to a TA but you are all so much more fun to deal with! :) THanks.
When I go through that agency I often have some people getting tickets while I have my annual pass and am getting no ticket at all, so I think they could probably do that. You will just have to call and ask to make sure.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with placing a room request when you booked through Orbitz recently.

I have learned both from your posts and from others on the Discount Rate thread that with some third party booking companies like Orbitz, guests have been successful dealing with Disney themselves- sometimes they are able to get the reservation number or in your situation, the people you spoke to at the YC number (whether it was a call center or an actual on property CM) was able to help you, just by pulling up your name and dates.

page 426-427

No, there aren't any BC rooms that overlook the service entrance. If you look at the satellite image for the YC/BC, you'll see that the service entrance is located between the two resorts. And the road into that service entrance doesn't go in front of any of the resort rooms.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf888e62fdee747bc!6m1!1e1

The big flat roof that covers the service areas keeps some of the noise away. I've only had one stay so far in a standard view room with the big flat roof view, and it was really quiet.

The Yacht Club standard rooms can get noise from the convention center traffic.

Thanks for that! The visual really helps.

Do you know if any YC rooms have views of that area? I think the views I am thinking of at the YC are at the other end of the resort, closer to convention center.

::yes::

Me me me! And I was told my TA has to call in. And this is why I love CL, I want a direct link so I can have IPO add my requests :) I already harass my TA way too much with all my ch-ch-changes

Can I vent about the lack of summer availability at BC CL..... all good, I'll finally check out BWI (but SAB we will miss you :( )

23 days until Beach Club!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you aren't finding space at the Beach Club. But checking out a new resort is always fun. And don't forget, if something opens up it is fairly easy to change. (Or so I have heard...)

:rotfl2:

Booked our third annual F&WF long weekend at the BC! ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و

This time we're back to November at mine and DD's request - better for her schoolwork-wise, plus she's been wanting to go back to MVMCP for quite a few years now...she has never been a fan of Halloween.

Also, already requested my purple Magicband! Sounds silly, but I've been hoping for my favorite color for a while. Now to visit myfantasybands for the glitter overlays. DD had the pink band with pink glitter last year - it looked really pretty and so many CM's commented on how much they liked the glittery touch.

November is so far away......

:sunny:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

:cool1:

Thanks!!! Yes we do, we're doing a split stay at Coronado Springs (3 nights) and BC (2 nights). We love the BC but it was out of our price range for the full trip so we squeezed it into the end. Great to hear the renovations are complete. Saw some pictures and the rooms look really great.

Great! I'll add you to the list. May?

:woohoo:

Hi Dee. Please add us to your BOG list - August 20 - 27, 2016. It's our first BC stay, we are total YC fans but are excited for a new room! Thanks!

:welcome: back!

Will do!

You'll love the rooms. They're swell!

:thumbsup2

Is there any update on when they are refurbing the Yacht Club rooms? Specifically club level? I know the lounge has been completed for a few months.

We tried for Beach Club for our dates in October with no luck, however Yacht is available. Trying to decide if we should stay with Yacht club or do Boardwalk instead.

Nothing official has changed from what is posted on Page 1.

I have a YC CL reservation for mid-October.

No reports of letters going out to YC guests with upcoming concierge reservations, so I don't think work is imminent.

:)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you aren't finding space at the Beach Club. But checking out a new resort is always fun. And don't forget, if something opens up it is fairly easy to change. (Or so I have heard...)

:rotfl2:
It is fairly easy to ch-ch-change, sometimes too easy ;) My TA LOVES BC CL so she is on the lookout for me. She said they are starting to move convention guests from YC CL to BC CL and also regular guests as well so that is affecting the availability. However she didn't give me a time frame, only that they are moving people for construction. My guess is you might get a refurbed room in October...fingers crossed. Again, you know how reliable Disney info is LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter