Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My dh had a small hernia he had operated on last year. He was sore for a bit but honestly he would have been fine on a wdw trip 4 weeks after. He was back to working out fairly quickly. He is in really good shape, very fit, maybe that helped? Definitely talk to his dr and see what he/she says, but it might not be as bad as you fear.

It was at our resort already. I was told whilst it's in testing you can book it but I've heard someone else say you can't. I'll try and ask them later today.

Thanks! We will be there next week and wouldn't mind giving it a try

So excited, my waitlist for BCV in a 2-br came through for NYE. We will be staying at BCV Dec. 29 - Jan 1, and then going over to OKW Jan 1 - 6. Can't wait to stay at BC, we have never stayed there before. Dining is all set, luckily I assumed we would get it, and made some good dining choices. Any recommendations for room requests? We are a family of 6/7, with grown children.

So after months of planning our first trip during F&W, first time staying at a deluxe and first time we bring our 3.5 year old son to WDW, my husband gets a hernia. :worried: It is a small hernia but our trip is scheduled for 4 weeks after his surgery. He says we are still going but I am worried he'll be miserable and/or hurt himself more. I've looked for alternate dates but nothing shows up at YC, BC or BWI. I'm going to talk to his doctor about us possibly going but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with something like this. I don't want to reschedule but him healing is obviously more important than a week at WDW.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! Definitely speak with his doctor and see what they say. They know his history and prognosis better than anyone. If its a specific surgery I would just google it and see what the normal rehab time is.

We were planning on ubering to typhoon lagoon vs. the long bus ride. We'll have to see if the Minnie vans are a worthwhile option instead. We were planning on bussing back since we were going to stop at Disney springs and have dinner. Will be interesting how this service pans out.
This is the main reason we are keeping our rental a few days extra.... the minimu cost was worth it... we plan 2 hours a quick trip to TL and back by noonish to eat, shower, relax and hit the parks... with Disney transportation.. Forget it..... need just as much time traveling for water time.

So after months of planning our first trip during F&W, first time staying at a deluxe and first time we bring our 3.5 year old son to WDW, my husband gets a hernia. :worried: It is a small hernia but our trip is scheduled for 4 weeks after his surgery. He says we are still going but I am worried he'll be miserable and/or hurt himself more. I've looked for alternate dates but nothing shows up at YC, BC or BWI. I'm going to talk to his doctor about us possibly going but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with something like this. I don't want to reschedule but him healing is obviously more important than a week at WDW.
Oh that sucks!! Have you chatted with the DR. for recovery time etc.... the people I knew who had it the recovery wasnt that bad/long only 2 weeks of being really limited.actvity, lifting etc... my gut feeling is he will be ok.. if he has no complications...

I had a hernia repair, by 4 weeks I felt fine. However, my dr would not have approved me walking around disney. I don't do well with surgeries and I tend to develop scar tissue. I was also 18 months out from major abdominal surgery. This hernia was a result of that. So I think he was overly cautious. He wanted to keep me out 8 weeks from work. I begged to go back after 3 or 4. My dad had a hernia repair with same surgeon and he was good to go by 3 or 4 weeks. My guess is your husband will be fine if he has no other major medical concerns.

Hi all! Quick report from our first ever stay at BC from 7/8-7/14. We had a great vacation and as we had hoped BC was the perfect base camp for visiting all the parks. Mostly good with a few minor bumps.

Checked in about noon, we had not received a room assignment but were given one upon checking in with a CM with a tablet in the lobby. I asked about our request for a large balcony and was told it was met. Great! Minor issue when getting to the room and realizing it was a king bed with pull out couch. It was me DW and DSs 16 and 14. I just expected two queens and maybe a day bed (not requested). Anyway the family outvoted me on getting it changed. They insisted the pull out would work and wanted to start vacation immediately and it turned out be a non issue. No one brought it up again.

Other room issues - I expected a vanity outside of the bathroom which was not the case. There was a separate small sink with no mirror. There was a refrigerator as expected but also a second smaller fridge which seemed odd.

We had a nice view (2nd floor Garden view) and were right around the corner from an elevator which took us to an entrance right outside a quiet pool and walkway close to Epcot.

Day one we spent a few hours at SAB, got lunch from Hurricane hannas (DW and I split the angus burger) before dinner at Beaches and Cream, then walked (about 1 mile) over to HS for Star Wars fireworks.

The next day after, spending the morning at HS we took an afternoon break at SAB but the entire pool was shut down for electrical activity which everyone seemed confused by because the weather seemed clear. We retreated to the quiet pool where we were told it was "swim at your own risk" but no one forced us to leave. Later we were informed that SAB had reopened.

Another day at SAB we could not find empty loungers except for the rows in front of Beaches and Cream and ended up again at the quiet pool. Oddly there were Pool Closed signs up but a few people swimming. Sure enough someone eventually came around and made us leave, saying that there was scheduled maintenance. We never saw any work being done. These pool openings and closings without much warning were mildly annoying.

As for a couple of things frequently discussed, housekeeping was nearly perfect. One tiny negative was that the coffee pods we used were not always replaced. No big deal as we usually grabbed coffee first thing at the parks or the Marketplace.

Room temperature was fine. DS actually thought it was too cold and turned the thermostat to 70 and it felt like the heat kicked on! So we kept it on 68.

We went to AK two different days and ended up driving ourselves. Two days to MK we used the bus. Waited maybe 10 minutes each time. No long waits returning to BC but the busses were crowded (I stood most of the time). We walked to Epcot and Hs and took the friendship boat home from HS one day because it was sitting at the dock and we were tired. Overall no complaints about transportation.

We picked up a few things from the Marketplace and it was ok but found it crowded and chaotic, especially in the morning, and not set up very well. If I relied on it for breakfast (which I did not) it would be disappointing.

All in all we loved our stay and would do it again. The location and pool are the best in disneyworld and service and amenities very good. I'll put up a few room pictures in a separate post.

Thanks to all here who helped me plan!

We went when DH had Gilmores Groin basically all the pain and swelling of a hernia without it actually rupturing through the abdominal wall. His GP and the hospital told him he could do anything he felt comfortable doing but not to over stress his stomach muscles so less activities like rollercoaster. They gave him pain relief and exercises to do for the month before we went and for several weeks after we came home. You may find different advice since an actual hernia will need repairing and support whilst the tissues heal up again. As long as he's happy with the doctors advice and after care plan it shouldn't impact too much on your vacation. Take plenty of rest breaks and enjoy the slower pace and
aromas and sights around you. Make sure he isn't lifting anything heavy for a while too... no volunteering to pop the cases in the car or pull them off the carousel at the baggage claim in the airport.

Only two more sleeps until checking into the BC for the first time!!! Literally over the moon with excitement.

Looking forward to using the secret door but that's a bummer YC guests seem to be unable to unlock it.

Please tell me where this secret door is. I forgot and don't feel like scrolling trying to find it.

If he takes it easy he should be ok, limiting his lifting and such (I am not sure how big his incision would be as that will affect healing time). I asked DH if he would of been ok, he reminded me he was back at work on the Monday after his. :sad2: I hope it all goes well for you. One thing with YC and BC the pool is great and the walk to Epcot isn't too far, you could always rent a scooter if he needed it as well.

Please tell me where this secret door is. I forgot and don't feel like scrolling trying to find it.

No need to scroll through the whole thread, everything you need to know is on page #1. This is from post #13.

"Secret" Entrances/Exits to the Beach Club and Yacht Club

Step-Saving Super Secret Entrance to the Beach Club

There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501.

This was really handy for us a couple of times this summer when it was wicked hot and when it had just started pouring.

You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.

Here are photos of the exit door near room 1501, the pathway and the gate to the "secret entrance"

insidedoor1501exit-1-1.jpg
externaldoorto1501entrance-1-1.jpg
PathwayfromEpcotendto1501entrance-1-1.jpg

Epcotendentranceto1501door-1-2.jpg

DSCF9288.jpg

Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

This is the room closest to the entrance to help you find the exit from inside.

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM

I'm looking at rooms in the Yacht Club that are close to the lobby using touring plans. It looks to me that the closest rooms are on the 1st floor, and when they show it picture, it doesn't look like these rooms have patios outside their room. Do the 1st floor rooms have patios or something similar to a balcony?

Thanks
We stayed in a ground floor room at the YC and they have patios. :)

Room temperature was fine. DS actually thought it was too cold and turned the thermostat to 70 and it felt like the heat kicked on! So we kept it on 68.
We turned the thermostat up to 70 when we arrived and it kicked the heat on. We had to turn it down to 69. Eventually, though, it seemed as if the thermostat defaulted to 70 degrees after it had been running for awhile, which was fine.

These pool openings and closings without much warning were mildly annoying.
We were there the week before you were and SAB closed quite a few times due to lightening in the area. The quiet pool was usually open. We never got kicked out of it.

No need to scroll through the whole thread, everything you need to know is on page #1. This is from post #13.

"Secret" Entrances/Exits to the Beach Club and Yacht Club

Step-Saving Super Secret Entrance to the Beach Club

There is a side entrance/exit to the Beach Club which takes you mere steps, probably 3 minutes, from the International Gateway Entrance. It is near room 1501.

This was really handy for us a couple of times this summer when it was wicked hot and when it had just started pouring.

You have to go through a lot of hallways to find it, so the best way to do this is to follow the signs to room 1501 from the lobby.

Here are photos of the exit door near room 1501, the pathway and the gate to the "secret entrance"

insidedoor1501exit-1-1.jpg
externaldoorto1501entrance-1-1.jpg
PathwayfromEpcotendto1501entrance-1-1.jpg

Epcotendentranceto1501door-1-2.jpg

DSCF9288.jpg

Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

This is the room closest to the entrance to help you find the exit from inside.

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM

Thank you!
From the BC lobby, follow signs to room 1501. Secret exit next to it.

Thank you too!

We turned the thermostat up to 70 when we arrived and it kicked the heat on. We had to turn it down to 69. Eventually, though, it seemed as if the thermostat defaulted to 70 degrees after it had been running for awhile, which was fine.

We were there the week before you were and SAB closed quite a few times due to lightening in the area. The quiet pool was usually open. We never got kicked out of it.
When SAB closed, due to lightning in the area, two lifeguards came around to the BC's Quiet Pool and told everyone in the pool that they had to get out. Of course, there are no lifeguards stationed at the Quiet Pool, so there is no way of always controlling access during threatening weather. Though there are locks on the gates at the Quiet Pool, I have never noticed the gates being locked.

Last edited:
Anyone staying Club Level during F&W can reach out to DSS now to get events/meals/demonstrations booked early. I did this today after seeing someone on the DIS did it and it was great. Waited about 15mins on hold. (Now I don't have to wake up at 3:30am CA time when general booking opens Thurs!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter