Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Today is the day I travel to the yacht club!

I'm going solo. I'm curious what people do with their belongings while at Stormalong Bay? I'm planning on spending a decent amount of time swimming (and floating, and sliding). If I leave a bag on a chair is it safe? I can leave my phone in my room but I'll want my Kindle and more concerningly I have an insulin pump I'll need to disconnect to go in.
A few times I brought a washcloth from the room. I knew I was going to be solo at the pool and wanted my phone near me. If the pool wasnt too crowded i put washcloth on the edge of pool with my phone on/ or in it. I want to say at the quiet pools works best . For sab maybe not so much but the quiet pool there is nice too for a change of pace.

I’ve never stayed at Yacht and Beach. How are the rooms? Do you think they’d be worth an extra $1,000 to change from Wilderness Lodge to Yacht and Beach? Also, are there balconies? Thanks, guys!

Just booked a stay at BCV for 9/4-9/11. Originally had a cruise in November, but wife and I decided to wait. It’ll be first time staying deluxe. Son can’t wait for SAB or lazy river. Also be celebrating 10 year anniversary.

Yaaaayyyyy!! Our last stay there was also my first deluxe and now I feel forever spoiled. Have fun!

I’ve never stayed at Yacht and Beach. How are the rooms? Do you think they’d be worth an extra $1,000 to change from Wilderness Lodge to Yacht and Beach? Also, are there balconies? Thanks, guys!

I prefer the YC to WL. The rooms are brighter and the location cannot be beat for easy access to Epcot and DHS. However, $1,000 is a good amount of money and I think you're the only one who can decide if it is worth it. Depending on the number of nights you're staying, this might be a good time to try a split stay. Just a thought. As for balconies, at the YC, most of the rooms have balconies (or porches if on the first floor). At BC, there are more rooms that do not have balconies and a number of rooms with the Juliet balcony (which is a waste to me).

I prefer the YC to WL. The rooms are brighter and the location cannot be beat for easy access to Epcot and DHS. However, $1,000 is a good amount of money and I think you're the only one who can decide if it is worth it. Depending on the number of nights you're staying, this might be a good time to try a split stay. Just a thought. As for balconies, at the YC, most of the rooms have balconies (or porches if on the first floor). At BC, there are more rooms that do not have balconies and a number of rooms with the Juliet balcony (which is a waste to me).

That $1k is for 8 nights! The only downside to YC for me is that it’s a dog resort and I’m REALLY allergic to them. To the point where I get welts and my throat swells. It sucks. So BC would be my only option. Is there any way to request a balcony? Thanks!!!

That $1k is for 8 nights! The only downside to YC for me is that it’s a dog resort and I’m REALLY allergic to them. To the point where I get welts and my throat swells. It sucks. So BC would be my only option. Is there any way to request a balcony? Thanks!!!
You can request a ground floor room - all of them, I think, have a little patio outside the door.

Otherwise, you can request a full balcony be put in your room requests, but there is no guarantee for any requests.... they can only select rooms based on what is available.

You can request a ground floor room - all of them, I think, have a little patio outside the door.

Otherwise, you can request a full balcony be put in your room requests, but there is no guarantee for any requests.... they can only select rooms based on what is available.

That would be great! My mom has mobility issues, so, we were going to try and request a lower floor anyways.

Hopefully you know this, but you should be asking for an allergyclean WHEREVER you stay as a service dog could have been in ANY room. Not just at Disney, but anywhere.

Yup! I learned it the hard way. Had an allergy attack at a Doubletree. Thanks, though!

We decided to pull the trigger for this June. We were waiting on news about the Yacht Club Regatta Club reopening...

One of the rooms showing available is the 1BR suite at Beach Club. I saw a video online showing 2 sofa beds - 1 in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. The Disney site only says 1 sofa bed. Any recent stays knowing which it is?

With our young adult kids (1 girl, 1 boy) - they definitely don't want to share a sofa bed!

thanks

We decided to pull the trigger for this June. We were waiting on news about the Yacht Club Regatta Club reopening...

One of the rooms showing available is the 1BR suite at Beach Club. I saw a video online showing 2 sofa beds - 1 in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. The Disney site only says 1 sofa bed. Any recent stays knowing which it is?

With our young adult kids (1 girl, 1 boy) - they definitely don't want to share a sofa bed!

thanks
Did you see this photo on Disney's site of the 1 B/R Suite at the BC? You may want to confirm with Disney Central Reservations that all 1 B/R Suites have this layout, and that there are not any exceptions. This was the layout a few years ago, when we stayed in this room type at the BC.

Did you see this photo on Disney's site of the 1 B/R Suite at the BC? You may want to confirm with Disney Central Reservations that all 1 B/R Suites have this layout, and that there are not any exceptions.

Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. I asked a CM the layout and she read me the same as online.

thanks

I have stayed in a BC 1BR. In our room (which was 1647), the couch in the 'living room' was a pull-out sofa bed and the couch in the bedroom was a standard flip-over single Day Bed (like the kind you'd find in the regular rooms where applicable). Based on reports I have seen over time here on the DIS, it is my understanding that some 1BRs have these two couches in the opposite positions than the way they were in our room.

BC 1BRs only sleep 4 people, despite having 5 sleeping surfaces. They do not count the flip-over Day Bed as a sleeping surface, so that's why you only see "1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa" in the description.

With due respect to phone CMs, I would be suspicious of any quality information they can give you about room layouts and such, other than the standard description. This level of detail is not typically their forte (but fortunately there are lots of folks on the DIS who track/report every detail about their rooms).

I'm sorry if you know this already - but my unsolicited advice on the 1BRs....The 1BR suites are located in the red circles below. The middle circle is floors 1-4 (XX47), the right circle is floors 1-3 (XX01). Unless you just really appreciate being on the far end of BC closest to Epcot, in my opinion you want to request one of the XX47 bank of rooms. It is MUCH more central to the lobby, closer to SAB, etc. XX01 is a bit of a haul to SAB or the lobby.

This was perhaps a stronger recommendation when CL was available as the walk to the lounge from XX01 is really long - that's obviously not a factor at the moment, but proximity to the central part of the resort is still applicable - if a concern for you.

The pics on Disney's website show the 1BR well, but attaching a few pics in case helpful.

Attachments

• File Mar 02, 8 38 51 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 38 51 AM.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 41
  • File Mar 02, 8 41 47 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 41 47 AM.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 39
  • File Mar 02, 8 42 24 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 42 24 AM.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 41
  • File Mar 02, 8 43 01 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 43 01 AM.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 41
  • File Mar 02, 8 46 27 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 46 27 AM.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 41
  • File Mar 02, 8 46 14 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 46 14 AM.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 41
  • File Mar 02, 8 45 46 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 45 46 AM.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 39
  • File Mar 02, 8 46 46 AM.jpeg
    File Mar 02, 8 46 46 AM.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 39
Food for thought...

Hotel rooms are bigger at BC/YC but WL will have brand new rooms when they open this summer. As @Sandi mentioned BC/YC rooms are bright- but not brighter than WL anymore. The remodel at WL has brought the hotel rooms even on that scale from this blog post (also ignore all photos from Disney, apparently they haven’t updated WL ones yet 🤦🏻‍♀️).

What are your park priorities? Walking to EP IG is pretty awesome if you like to dine there, but if you have an MK obsessed kid WL could be the better choice.

How about a split? I love an EP/MK split! Disney bell services will move your luggage for free (although do tip) so it’s really convenient!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter