Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We just left the resort. Checked in Sat AM. Slide was open the entire time.
CM said it was scheduled for 10 days refurb, ended up only taking two.

Do we have independent corroboration of this?

eta. Just called Yacht Club and they said it was closed until an undetermined time in March.

eta2. Then I called Beach a club and they said the same. Late March.

Last edited:

eta. Just called Yacht Club and they said it was closed until an undetermined time in March.
Wow! The slide updates are definitely on a slippery slope! Probably centralized customer service in who knows where that you spoke to and are going off an outdated script! I have a management contact at YC/BC I can tap in to if need be, but going off of @mm824 report is good for me!

Unless you have a private number for the YC or BC you were talking to a call center. Same thing when you call the Front desk from your resort room phone your call is routed to a call center.

Dave

In an effort to bring the slide issue to a happy splash ending, I just corresponded with my manager contact at YC/BC and here is the unaltered response:

"Hello!
We had a two day slide closure for resurfacing but are 100% open now! All set!"

Seams Seems they have addressed the problems that impacted many of our backs!

Last edited:

That's probably because you spoke to someone at an off-site call center who has no idea what is actually happening on YC/BC property. You can't actually call the Yacht Club or Beach club.

Question about Storm-a-long Bay. Our Spring 2022 trip will include our 8 year old granddaughter. Currently we are booked at the Contemporary Tower TPV. DH and I stayed at YC in September 19 and really enjoyed it. I am a little hesitant about watching a child at SAB. There will be no keeping her out of the pool as she lives swimming. The Contemporary pool is released exciting but at this time our GD has no idea SAB exists. For those with 8 year old kids, were you uncomfortable with how spread out SAB is or is a child that age old enough to handle all the SAB offers?

Edit: Thank you all for your input. We have switched our late April 2022 reservation to the Yacht Club water view. Suggestions about which room or section? Also hoping CL opens up so we can give that a try. I do think GD will love SAB!

Last edited:
Question about Storm-a-long Bay. Our Spring 2022 trip will include our 8 year old granddaughter. Currently we are booked at the Contemporary Tower TPV. DH and I stayed at YC in September 19 and really enjoyed it. I am a little hesitant about watching a child at SAB. There will be no keeping her out of the pool as she lives swimming. The Contemporary pool is released exciting but at this time our GD has no idea SAB exists. For those with 8 year old kids, were you uncomfortable with how spread out SAB is or is a child that age old enough to handle all the SAB offers?
Took my daughter a couple years ago when she was 8! She still talks about how awesome it was and we are headed back with April for another trip! I’m a pretty relaxed parent, whatever the opposite of a helicopter parent is lol. So take that into consideration, but I had no issues with bringing her and feeling as though she was safe.

I’ve brought my kids there at that age. I had a hard time watching them but at the same time I gave some freedom because we grabbed life vests. My very active youngest was a bit hard to keep up with. I have RA and it wasn’t well treated at that time. I was only concerned about their swimming ability and not anything about anyone taking them or them wandering off.

Tough to say. One thing to consider is that you have to leave the main pool area to get to the steps for the water slide. We went down the slide with our kids when they were younger. They loved the pool closest to the YC where they could play on the sand bar. They stayed over that end most of the time and it was easier to watch them there.

Has anyone heard from @shoreward lately? She used to post on this thread frequently and knew a lot about the YC/BC. Sometimes I thought that she knew someone on the inside, too. :)

edited

Last edited:

Mine are 10 and 6. I have a mostly love but a little ‘hate’ relationship when it comes to kids and SAB. One thing we like about Disney pools is we can often sit back, relax, and pretty much see them (within reason) all the time - there’s a level of control/security there that we appreciate. SAB makes that more difficult, especially as they’ve been getting older/more independent. I’ll happily go hit the slide 20 times with them - but sometimes I just want to sit back w/ a CAT 5 and watch them. We’ve only recently felt OK letting the 10 year old go to the slide on his own/out of sight, and it’s still something I’m getting comfortable with (and I am hardly a ‘helicopter’ parent, at least I don’t think I am).

My fearless 6 year old can be quick to dart into the lazy river (which has very deep parts) so that’s something I’m always mindful of as well.

All of that said, mine mostly spend gobs of time in the part with the sand in the middle. Like hours. They’ll make friends, play games, build sand piles, dig holes. It’s just such an awesome place/environment for the kind of stuff. The pros of SAB definitely outweigh any of my negative observations above, in my opinion.

All kids are different, but I think 8 is a good age for SAB.

Has anyone heard from @shorewood lately? She used to post on this thread frequently and knew a lot about the YC/BC. Sometimes I thought that she knew someone on the inside, too. :)

Do you mean @shoreward? Last post was just before Christmas.

Dave

Yes, I have been in contacct with her a couple of times since the new year. She is very busy with some family obligations and hasn't had time to visit the boards here. Like many of us, she has no upcoming plans for a Disney getaway.

Thanks for asking!!!

Dee

:goodvibes

Page 1778-1780

Hi!
We are staying at Yacht Club in March and I just saw that the big slide is closed for refurbishment.
Has Disney said when it will reopen? Are there any other slides that will be open then?
Thank you :)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

According to guests that have just left the resort or are there right now, the slide closed for a couple of days but is currently open.

:cool1:

I just want to report that the slide is open (or at least it was today). We just arrived today and my kids were thrilled as we assumed it would still be out of commission.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Thanks for the info, and hope you are enjoying your stay!

:woohoo:

We are looking at possibly taking a trip and stay at YC or BC and would be interested in a cabana. If we wanted to be able to switch from sun to shade easily, are we better off with cabana #1 and #2? It looks from the picture like they get a lot of sun whereas #3 and #4 are more shaded and secluded. Is that how it is most of the day or does it just happen to be the time of day this picture was taken?

:welcome: to this forum!

When is the trip you are thinking of booking?

:goodvibes

Whelp, after having CR booked for a brief stopover during an extended Spring Break trip at the end of March the kids have convinced us to hit up YC again so we changed our reservation and will be there March 23-27th. Super stoked...

I'll add you to the list!

:dogdance:

Switched from BC to YC :) Excited!!!!

Got it!

:thumbsup2

Excited to be heading back to the BCV next January! Hoping for some warmer January days so the kids can get time at the pool in the afternoons. We're planning to surprise the kids with our trip to Disney for Christmas this year, so somehow we have to manage to keep this a secret for the next 10 months.

I'll add you to the list, but your kids won't hear the news from me.

:poop:

We just left the resort. Checked in Sat AM. Slide was open the entire time.
CM said it was scheduled for 10 days refurb, ended up only taking two.

Thanks so much for that info!

:cool2:

Thirty years ago my husband and I joined my s-i-l and family and the grandparents for a brief stay at the Yacht Club - Concierge level. My b-i-l was researching an incentive package for the employees in his company and they invited us to share their room. We had been married a year (no children yet) and I thought WDW was for little kids, but couldn't pass up a cheap vacation. Needless to say, we were blown away and have been back to Disney about a dozen times since then, staying mostly at POR or other moderates with the kids at various ages. We never made it back to YC...just not feasible with a family of 5.

Last year was our 30th anniversary and we were planning a trip to Italy...damn pandemic! So instead, my husband and I are treating ourselves to a trip this September for F&WF (fingers crossed) and I booked us at Yacht Club. No concierge, but it will be a nice, late anniversary trip, nonetheless! Who knows if we'll ever make it to Europe. Two of my kids are probably going to be planning post-Covid weddings soon and I'm afraid the window for Europe will be closed for some time. Sad, not sad, though...I have World Showcase to compensate. No complaints!!

Looking forward to following all the various posts on this thread!

:welcome: to this thread!

Thanks for sharing your story.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

We celebrated our 30th anniversary at the Yacht Club and it was the perfect choice (30 anniversary is Pearl so I did the Pick-a-Pearl in Japan and got the cutest Mickey cage online to hold it in)

:love:

Yes. Several guests who are there now or recently left have reported that the slide has reopened.

:)

Let us know if you book a trip here.

I think that the answer to your question depends on the child- swimming skill set/impulsiveness, the parents comfort and planned activity level- will they be floating along in the lazy river or going on the slide, or waiting at the beginning and end of both of those areas. I love the water, so I always joined my boys in whatever they were doing, but I always felt safe if they got out of sight because there are plenty of lifeguards and other CMs around looking after things.

:fish:

Took my daughter a couple years ago when she was 8! She still talks about how awesome it was and we are headed back with April for another trip! I’m a pretty relaxed parent, whatever the opposite of a helicopter parent is lol. So take that into consideration, but I had no issues with bringing her and feeling as though she was safe.

:welcome: to posting here and thank you for your input.

:thanks:

Tough to say. One thing to consider is that you have to leave the main pool area to get to the steps for the water slide. We went down the slide with our kids when they were younger. They loved the pool closest to the YC where they could play on the sand bar. They stayed over that end most of the time and it was easier to watch them there.

:welcome: to posting on this forum and adding your feedback about Stormalong Bay.

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter