Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yacht Club stay for June 19-24. Several questions-Are Stormalong Bay hours still 10am-10pm? Does it have a capacity, and are people often turned away? Is the quiet pool still available after hours? Is Hurricane Hannah's now serving food again? Do you often see children in Martha's Vineyard or Ale and Compass Lounge? Thanks so much!

SAB hours have been 10am-10pm since Labor Day. Seems like Disney is content to keep this as their feature pool hours for the time being.

The leisure pools hours are 7am-11pm.

Yacht Club stay for June 19-24. Several questions-Are Stormalong Bay hours still 10am-10pm? Does it have a capacity, and are people often turned away? Is the quiet pool still available after hours? Is Hurricane Hannah's now serving food again? Do you often see children in Martha's Vineyard or Ale and Compass Lounge? Thanks so much!
SAB was open 10a-11pm yesterday and today as well. I’m assuming those were the hours for the week. Idk if that’s because of it being high season. People were definitely not being turned away from the SAB today or yesterday (high 50’s to mid 60’s) lol. There were still a handful of us who braved it. The sever who walks around informed me they did have hot food available (I think someone already commented on this) winch was not an option in September. The chicken sandwich was delicious and my husband said the burger was good too. They have those same steak fries from Beaches & Cream that are tasty and stay hot. People were in the quite pool by the villas pretty late last night. There were kids at Martha’s Vineyard. They also made us really strong margaritas! Makes you feel like you’re actually getting your money’s worth. Not like the premixed margaritas in La Cava that I paid $51 with tip for two. They were good but no premixed drink should cost that much.

Last edited:
I expect a lot of things to change by June, including capacity limits, SAB hours, and which restaurants are open. It would be nice if we could get our own drinks instead of having a CM pour the beverages for us. I hope Hurricane Hanna's and Cape May are back to normal, but who knows what it will be like in June. The Beach Club resort will be open so they will have to open up more dining options. :)

The quiet pools are always open from 7am to 11pm. That is one thing that hasn't changed. :)

Last edited:

I have no hope of them actually being available when I'm there but I'm curious if anyone who is there now has seen the Hollow Chocolate Mickey/Minnie eggs and more importantly how much do they cost?

Good Morning, everyone!

It's been a minute (year) since I've posted, but happy to say that after several cancelled trips, we are booked for a YC/CR split to celebrate my DH's 50th birthday in June! We will be staying at YC from June 22-27 before we switch over to CR. We stayed at BC CL back in 2018, but this will be our first YC stay! Thank you for all of the trip and room reports.! :)

So, after rescheduling our YC trip several times, we are locked in for April 18 through 23 (as much as anyone can be locked in).

Can someone remind me whether the in-room refrigerator has a freezer compartment and, if so, how big it is? Many thanks!

Glad you have a solid plan for mid April. No freezer compartment with the last refurbishment. They just kept freezing up.

Dave

Glad you have a solid plan for mid April. No freezer compartment with the last refurbishment. They just kept freezing up.

Dave
Thanks Dave. As always, you're very helpful. I recall years ago when my soda cans exploded after freezing up and I couldn't remember if it was because the fridge was set too cold or if I put the cans too near the freezer. Either way, it sounds like that is not a risk anymore.

I haven’t come across the following information now that the freestyle machines are gone. What are the beverage choices for the mugs? I don’t do soda but do do flavored seltzer.

Just confirming 11pm isn’t a typo in your post? If not, guess they just shifted to spring hours by adding an hour. That’s great to see!
We arrived yesterday for a brief stay yesterday for the kids Spring Break and have a great view over the pool/water - I can confirm that SAB was indeed open (and jamming!) til 11pm last night.

We spent the morning and early afternoon at the pool - before heading off to MK. It’s definitely busier than it was back in November but we didn’t have any issues finding pool chairs or with the waits at MK (usually half the posted times) til close.

The only downside is that with a much busier pool area they still only have two “waitstaff” servicing all of SAB - they were both very very busy. I can only hope as things continue to pick up that WDW hires back more folks to keep up with the demand.

Page 1791-1792

Just switched my res from OKW 1 BR to YC garden view room. Hope I made the right choice to go for the proximity to Epcot instead of more space in the room. (2 adults, 1 teen and 1 9 yo) First time staying in that area. Anything special that I need to know??

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I believe you know about requesting a daybed for your room if you want one.

For guests who are new to the resort, I suggest reading a few of the posts on Page 1. Post 1 (intro), Post 13 (FAQ), Post 14 (Other Helpful Information) and maybe Post 8 (Yacht Club) to familiarize yourself with this location.

If you have any questions, ask away! Lots of helpful folks hanging around these parts.

:thumbsup2

Well, we just couldn't stay away! After several reservation changes including initial reservations at BLT, Boulder Ridge Villas, and OKW, we finally realized that we couldn't stay away and are coming home for our next trip this coming July! We'll be staying at BCV July 18-24. Dee, put us on the list!

:welcome: back, my friend!

Will do!

:woohoo:

My DW, DS and DD are planning a trip to BC in early June. We have never stayed at an EPCOT resort and we do not frequent guests of WDW. We have stayed at FW, WL, POFQ and CR before so we know the bus transport drill generally speaking and pre-COVID. I saw an image of the BC bus stop and it appears to have 3 separate terminus. Is each terminus for a different park destination? E.g. Terminus 1 is for MK, Terminus 2 is for AK, and Terminus 3 is for DS? I'm assuming there are there now physically distanced queues for each terminus? Curious if there is one line for all 3 terminus or a separate line for each Terminus? If there are some BCV folks who visited recently that can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. May the Force be with you, always.

:welcome: to this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm a little late getting here, but I believe others have given their input about the BC bus stop.

:cool2:

Speaking of bus queues, has anyone navigated the YC bus stop using an ECV (scooter) recently? My mother will be using one there in May. Curious to know if ECVs are still asked to wait near the square in the loading area, or stay in the socially distanced queue. Mom and Dad are not a rope-droppers, so hopefully the stop won’t be crowded and this won’t be an issue, but still want to do it right.

Mom and Dad are both fully vaccinated and can’t wait to get out into the World again!

:welcome: back!

Hooray for your parents! Are you going on the trip with them?

:dogdance:

Has Stormalong Bay been hitting capacity? I have been reading about waits at pools and I was just wondering what the system is. I have a few weeks still but I like to be prepared.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

April? BCV?

:cool1:

I was hoping someone could answer some Stormalong Bay cabana questions for me,

1. How many days out can you rent them?

2. How many hours does a full day rental mean?

3. How many cabanas do they have available to rent?

4. How hard is it to get a cabana during busy times?

When is your trip?

Others have answered your question- yes, call to reserve as soon as you can the morning 60 days before your trip.

Good luck to you!

:beach:

Well, I have another trip planned for November to the Yacht Club! We are going November 2-7 and taking our youngest daughter to celebrate her being 10 years cancer free! She hasn’t been to Disney for quite some time, so it is time to go. Got a water view room at a great cast rate.

I'll add you to the list.

That is great news about your daughter!

:grouphug:

I haven’t come across the following information now that the freestyle machines are gone. What are the beverage choices for the mugs? I don’t do soda but do do flavored seltzer.

Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Cherry Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Blue Powerade, Acai Pom Vitamin Water, Orange Fanta, Zero Sugar Lemonade, Barq's Root Beer

Plus the ice tea machine with Sweet, unsweet, and green sweet tea. And then hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa in the hot beverage area.

Water comes from the lemonade spout. No soda water dispenser on the machine and no selzter flavored waters. Those should still be available from the Yacht side freestyle machines if you want to walk over there.

ETA - Soda water is now available on the machines. :)

Last edited:
Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Cherry Coke, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Blue Powerade, Acai Pom Vitamin Water, Orange Fanta, Zero Sugar Lemonade, Barq's Root Beer

Plus the ice tea machine with Sweet, unsweet, and green sweet tea. And then hot coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa in the hot beverage area.

Water comes from the lemonade spout. No soda water dispenser on the machine and no selzter flavored waters. Those should still be available from the Yacht side freestyle machines if you want to walk over there.

So Yacht Club still has Freestyle machines? We loved having them at CBR, being able to get different flavors of lemonade or Fanta or a Diet Cherry Coke.

Yes but a CM fills the drink of your choice from the Freestyle machine in a disposable cup and hands it to your or it will be placed on a table between you and the CM.

Dave

Thank god, I was mourning the loss of my Coke with Lime lol

Page 1791-1792

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

I believe you know about requesting a daybed for your room if you want one.

For guests who are new to the resort, I suggest reading a few of the posts on Page 1. Post 1 (intro), Post 13 (FAQ), Post 14 (Other Helpful Information) and maybe Post 8 (Yacht Club) to familiarize yourself with this location.

If you have any questions, ask away! Lots of helpful folks hanging around these parts.

:thumbsup2

:welcome: back, my friend!

Will do!

:woohoo:

:welcome: to this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm a little late getting here, but I believe others have given their input about the BC bus stop.

:cool2:

Hooray for your parents! Are you going on the trip with them?

:dogdance:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

April? BCV?

:cool1:

When is your trip?

Others have answered your question- yes, call to reserve as soon as you can the morning 60 days before your trip.

Good luck to you!

:beach:

I'll add you to the list.

That is great news about your daughter!

:grouphug:
Please remove us from the list. We changed to CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter