Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Being at the YC/BC resort gives you a bunch of options. Other than the pool and the quiet pools, you can do a skyliner trip to other resorts and HS. Friendship boat rides to boardwalk, Epcot, HS or swan/ dolphin. Walk to boardwalk take a bike ride out and around boardwalk area. Movies at night at BC and Boardwalk. When I was there in December there were campfire nights making s’mores. There were also game boards on the beach area. You could also go play miniature golf just follow the signs on the boardwalk toward the swan and dolphin. It on the other side of the hotel. Then the obvious arcade, beaches and cream. Sometime there is a painting class at Martha Vineyard at 4 pm. Hope this helps.

Hi! I am staying at BC this weekend with my kiddo for his 6th bday. We have a standard room, which I just realized is parking or roof view. We have the option to upgrade to a water/garden view at YC. Wondering if it's a good idea?

Also which is cozier: YC rooms or BC rooms?

I personally prefer the theming and decor of YC. I think I’d classify it as cozier with the dark woods, etc. if the price difference is small, I think I’d switch to the YC garden view. Have a good trip.

Hi! I am staying at BC this weekend with my kiddo for his 6th bday. We have a standard room, which I just realized is parking or roof view. We have the option to upgrade to a water/garden view at YC. Wondering if it's a good idea?

I don’t think of YC rooms as cozy, more sleek & modern. BC rooms have rugs & more fabric so I think of them as cozy. Also, water & garden view are 2 different categories at YC, there is generally a pretty good price difference between them. The room pictures on the Disney website or page 1 of this thread are current, so maybe check those out & see which style appeals to you more. How long is your trip & what are your plans for your stay? If you are just on a short trip & don’t plan on being in the room much, I would go with whichever fits your budget more.

I don’t think of YC rooms as cozy, more sleek & modern. BC rooms have rugs & more fabric so I think of them as cozy. Also, water & garden view are 2 different categories at YC, there is generally a pretty good price difference between them. The room pictures on the Disney website or page 1 of this thread are current, so maybe check those out & see which style appeals to you more. How long is your trip & what are your plans for your stay? If you are just on a short trip & don’t plan on being in the room much, I would go with whichever fits your budget more.
Good call - just 2 nights with not much time in the room so I guess the view doesn't matter much. I like the carpeting too! It really changes a room.

Does anyone know what the Stormalong Bay hours are generally like in March? And what the Cabana hours are?

I tried looking on the WDW site and the info isn’t there. I also know that, at least at Disneyland, the cabanas actually close before the pool closes, even if you have a “full day“ reservation, so I’m wondering if anyone knows that info. Thanks!

Also which is cozier: YC rooms or
I personally prefer the theming and decor of YC. I think I’d classify it as cozier with the dark woods, etc. if the price difference is small, I think I’d switch to the YC garden view. Have a good trip.
Having stayed at both YC/BC, YC rooms feel more open probably due to the flooring ( no rugs) newer feel. Also like to castellation drapes, feel like looking at the stars at night. But like some have said if you’re not in the room much, it may not matter. I personally like the YC side especially CL since it does not seem as hectic more subdued. If it was me, it would be YC.

Does anyone know what the Stormalong Bay hours are generally like in March? And what the Cabana hours are?

I tried looking on the WDW site and the info isn’t there. I also know that, at least at Disneyland, the cabanas actually close before the pool closes, even if you have a “full day“ reservation, so I’m wondering if anyone knows that info. Thanks!
Generally speaking, you can expect SAB hours to be 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM. I would say that you have a better than 75% chance that the closing time will be 11:00 PM. Full day cabana rentals are 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. Back in the days when they offered half day rentals it was 10 - 2 and 3 - 7.

So…I honestly don’t consider either resort to be “cozy.” If you want cozy, WL is the place to go! But of the 2, I’d say BC is possibly more cozy but it’s a loud, family-oriented resort. We stayed there in August and had a ball but it’s not a quiet place.

Water view and garden view are separate, you may get a quote and see if it fits your budget. Are you going to be spending time on your balcony (if you get one…BC rooms don’t all have balconies)? My son and husband like to swim but I don’t, so we did a View upgrade since I sat out on the balcony multiple times while they went swimming. If you’re not going to be in the room much, the view may not be too important.

Good call - just 2 nights with not much time in the room so I guess the view doesn't matter much. I like the carpeting too! It really changes a room.

I’d say BC is possibly more cozy but it’s a loud, family-oriented resort. We stayed there in August and had a ball but it’s not a quiet place.

...If you’re not going to be in the room much, the view may not be too important.
This is why we were fine with booking a Standard View - we don't plan to be in the room much. I'm glad to hear YC will likely be quieter. AoA was so loud - heard every door slam in the whole building and loud families coming home late at night with kids running down the hallway. At WL it was the opposite - SO quiet! And we were really close to the elevator. If you can't tell, noises are very distracting for me. I'll still bring my earplugs, just in case. Really excited for YC!

This is why we were fine with booking a Standard View - we don't plan to be in the room much. I'm glad to hear YC will likely be quieter
We stayed in a standard room last week at Yacht. Our room overlooked the front portico from the 4th floor - we basically saw trees and a little of the roof. It was very quiet. We may have heard a beep or two from something backing up 2x over the course of the week (we found we left the door to the patio open later - DOH!)

Oddly, we had the same view years ago from the 5th floor the first time we stayed Club. Enjoy your trip!

Does anyone know approximate travel time from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios via walking, Skyliner, and boat. Just trying to assess options depending on how much time we have. Thanks!

Does anyone know approximate travel time from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios via walking, Skyliner, and boat. Just trying to assess options depending on how much time we have. Thanks!
It's about 15 minutes by boat, longer by Skyliner (30 min? I don't remember exactly) because it's not a straight shot. You have to get off at Caribbean Beach and switch to another line to go to DHS. The walk is a little over a mile and a half.

I have walked the trail from YC/BC in 20 minutes, skyliner is about 30 minutes, boat around 15-20 minutes. Walk is nice if you can do it, skyliner is nice if you have time and not in a rush, the boat would head to swan/dolphin then HS.

It took us about 20-30 minutes to walk to HS from our room at Yacht to HS last week (per Google Maps Timeline). The boat was loading at the Yacht Club when we walked out and we didn't see it arrive at HS prior to going into HS. Past experience tells me walking is also faster than Skyliner.

I'd add 5 minutes from the BC entrance to Yacht's if you're walking that direction. Coming from Beach Club, you can also go the Boardwalk side and take a short cut through the hotel & pool.

I'd add 5 minutes from the BC entrance to Yacht's if you're walking that direction. Coming from Beach Club, you can also go the Boardwalk side and take a short cut through the hotel & pool.
From BC the route through Boardwalk pool is definitely faster than walking out and going right. About 20-25 min if you walk super fast (but preferred because least variable, no line for skyliner or wait for boat to show up)

Just received a notification on an old thread I used to follow "Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQ’s & ?" that the fun runs are starting up again tomorrow, 1/20 at the Boardwalk. Don't know if this is a trial run [pun intended] or a glimmer of hope that it will return permanently to the YC/BC as well, aka the Regatta Run! I ran it twice in 2019 before things shut down. The price was right, it was fun and you got some good Swag! They were run on Thursday mornings when I last did it in 2019.

As others have said, walking from YC to HS was a little over 20 minutes for us. The first morning the boat was just starting to not let anyone board as we were getting close so we just decided to walk. We got to HS before it did. It was docking when we were getting in line for early entry. The next morning the boat was heading towards the YC dock. We figured since we beat it the day before when it was getting ready to leave, we’d beat it again since it hadn’t even docked yet. Well it passed us and we would’ve been better off riding it that morning. So I’m not entirely sure if walking or boating is faster. Maybe there was an issue the day before at swan or not as many people got on that day.

As others have said, walking from YC to HS was a little over 20 minutes for us. The first morning the boat was just starting to not let anyone board as we were getting close so we just decided to walk. We got to HS before it did. It was docking when we were getting in line for early entry. The next morning the boat was heading towards the YC dock. We figured since we beat it the day before when it was getting ready to leave, we’d beat it again since it hadn’t even docked yet. Well it passed us and we would’ve been better off riding it that morning. So I’m not entirely sure if walking or boating is faster. Maybe there was an issue the day before at swan or not as many people got on that day.

We’ve definitely had the boat pass us as we’re walking or seen the boat pass folks we’ve seen leave Y & B. So I never agree with “walking is always faster“ comments. Glad to hear from others who have had the same experience.

We’ve definitely had the boat pass us as we’re walking or seen the boat pass folks we’ve seen leave Y & B. So I never agree with “walking is always faster“ comments. Glad to hear from others who have had the same experience.
Maybe not "walking is always faster" but certainly "walking is less variable". Walking is always only going to take you 20-25 min, depending on how fast you walk, you can control it to be 20 min. Boat can sometimes be 20 min, but more often is about 30 (because it has to make other stops), and can be even longer at peak times if you don't fit on the boat.

So walking is almost always faster, but it is always less variable (it will never take you 30 min because there is nothing to delay you)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter