Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, everyone, the dates of our 50th Anniversary trip have changed since Dee so kindly entered them on the BOG list. We originally were going to be in Beach Club April 5-11, and now the dates will be April 7-14. No rush getting it changed... just another thing to check off my list of changes. :-)
Our trip is Apr 7-12. We arrive on the same day. We'll have to plan to meet this time. We have overlapped frequently, but this time it will be during our entire trip. Our 50th anniversary will be next year. :)

I rented DVC points for a BC studio for the first time ever and I will never do it again. We've almost never had to change a trip and thought I'd be okay this time. But it turns out that our niece decided to get married in California on April 14th. That means that we will fly out of Orlando on Friday, April 12th and fly to LAX on Saturday. I'm tempted to check out one day early so that we have an extra day at home before we leave for LA.

Our trip is Apr 7-12. We arrive on the same day. We'll have to plan to meet this time. We have overlapped frequently, but this time it will be during our entire trip. Our 50th anniversary will be next year. :)

I rented DVC points for a BC studio for the first time ever and I will never do it again. We've almost never had to change a trip and thought I'd be okay this time. But it turns out that our niece decided to get married in California on April 14th. That means that we will fly out of Orlando on Friday, April 12th and fly to LAX on Saturday. I'm tempted to check out one day early so that we have an extra day at home before we leave for LA.
Absolutely.... We need to see if we a can find a time when our paths cross in the comings and goings.... we should be at BC by around noon if flights are on time. Planning on AK in the afternoon. We can compare itineraries if you like to see if park or resort meeting can line up! :-)

Last edited:
Housekeeping was great all week.

This is the type of news I want to hear. Last time I was at WDW I did not experience good housekeeping at BC. I was hoping to hear more positive messages that this has improved, because it really is an essential part of staying at a hotel (i.e. the room is sanitary and clean and refreshed).

This is the type of news I want to hear. Last time I was at WDW I did not experience good housekeeping at BC. I was hoping to hear more positive messages that this has improved, because it really is an essential part of staying at a hotel (i.e. the room is sanitary and clean and refreshed).
My only negetive about housekeeping is that it always seems that they need to clean my room at the same time I want to catch a nap after lunch before returning to the parks. LOL Overall, I have had a good experience with the service.

Made a final change and would love to be added to list
YC 8/21 - 8/31and BC 8/31 - 9/13
This is a dream vacation, never stayed club level at these resorts and so looking
This is a dream vacation, never stayed club level at these resorts and so looking forward to it
This is a dream vacation, never stayed club level at these resorts and so looking forward to it
If you have any questions just ask. We are here to give guidance if we can. Yacht and Beach Club is my favorite resort. I have stayed CL numerous times, last visit was November 2023. CM’s at CL are very helpful. If while you are there have any questions, there will do their best to resolve your request. A lot of guests are too shy to ask, they want to help if they can. Hyacinth is wonderful.

Page 2122

Hey everyone- sorry I haven't been around lately. Life has become even busier for me over the past month. In addition to my 3 part-time jobs (museum educator, real estate admin and trivia host), at the beginning of the year I became the owner and manager of a trivia company with almost 50 venues and 26 hosts. YIKES!

Not sure how often I will be able to check in here, but I will try to get caught up the Be Our Guest list.

YAY! We were finally able to get a club level room at YC for our spring break dates - when we originally booked in August with our bounce back offer, they had nothing available and we booked at BWI. I decided to call yesterday and check again - a very nice CM was able to accommodate us!

Please add us to the Be Our Guest list for 4/22 - 4/26 when you have a chance. :)

Fantastic! Will do!

:goodvibes

Hey everyone! We (myself, wife, and our two little fellas (4 and 1 1/2)) originally planned to visit DW right after Thanksgiving this year but ended up at Disneyland instead (visiting some family and friends out there) and had an absolute blast. It was the boys first time visiting Disney and as of this morning, we just booked our first family (I grew up visiting but haven't been for years) DW trip for 11 nights starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving next year! We'll be spending our first 3 nights in a savannah view room at AKL and then moving to the BC to finish out the trip with 8 nights in a 1BR CL suite and I cannot wait to be back at the BC and to show our boys one of my all time favorite Disney resorts! Haven't posted much here, but I read through the threads often and just want to say how much I enjoy everyone around here and I can't wait to spend the next 11 months planning our first family DW trip! Merry Christmas and cheers!

Sounds like an amazing trip! I haven't read past this page yet, so haven't seen your decision about maybe staying the whole time here.

:dogdance:

I will be staying at Yacht Club 1/19-1/21/24 as part of a split stay. Excited to be back here for the 2nd time.

Sorry I didn't catch this in time to add you to the trip before it was over. Hope you had a fantastic time!

:cool1:

Just booked a late May trip to the Beach Club, 1 bedroom villa (DVC side). Have those rooms been updated to include the pull down Murphy beds? I saw a video on touring plans that showed it as updated, but wasn’t sure if all those rooms will be updated by May.

Thanks!

Got it! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List.

:cool2:

Last edited:
P. 2122 Continued

Hi Dee, whenever you refresh the 1st page trips could you update mine Louey to May 5/5/24 to 5/11/24 to the Beach Club. Thank you :flower1:

Will do!

Dee- whenever you get a chance can you change our dates? We are going to be at BC the whole trip now so it will be June 11-21. Thanks!

Awesome! I'll update the list.

I put this together for a previous trip to help explain the differences (as I have exerienced) to my group:

BEACH CLUB PROS- Very pretty resort with pastels and soft colors. Closer to Epcot – Very nice grounds and ample seating area for eating quick service meals from Marketplace. Also has Villas as room choices.
BEACH CLUB CONS- Only rooms on ground, some 2nd floor, and top floors have balcony/patio, others (3rd and floor below top floor) are “standing balconies.” Cape May Restaurant can sometimes leave a very "fishy" smell in the lobby after their dinner.
YACHT CLUB PROS- Closer to Hollywood Studios, all rooms (except 1 or 2) have patio or balcony. Ale & Compass Restaurant – Table Service, but does “take out”.
YACHT CLUB CONS- More nautical décor, a bit more “adult” feel, less area for eating quick service meals from Marketplace.

Great chart! Thanks for sharing.

:thanks:

Last edited:
@dansdad

How are you! Made me smile to see your name. Yesterday on my FB memories was the post about when the thread went off the rails after a woman accused me of not knowing what I was talking about and you, and others came to my defense. One of the very few times this thread went to the Dark Side.

🥡

Last edited:
Page 2123

Update I switched to Yacht Club as it is our favorite too :goodvibes, going to keep an eye out for water view if not I'm happy to go back to our Favor Resort :woohoo:

Well, we did it again. Had a CSR Club room booked, followed by a first time stay booked at BW. Saw a resort view room at BC that will save us $ so are headed back to our 2nd favorite resort (YC has become our fave). Had a great streak of 2 trips with no changes going and broke it already😂
Dee- could you add us to the BOG list for 4/2/-5/4/24 please and thank you!

I guess I was WAY more tired than I thought last night! 🤣🤣🤣 Unfortunately it’s only 4/27-5/4.
Glad @dansdad got this clarified before I had to ask you!

Will do!

Page 2124

First stay at BC 2/1-2/5, super excited!! Wondering what I can expect pool hours to be during those dates?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

As others have said, open at 10, not positive about the closing time.

It’s been a while since I’ve visited this thread. I have fond memories of participating in the ‘Noodle Swap’ ( if anyone remembers) anyhoos we are staying at CBR at the end of this month but will be visiting Hurricane Hannah’s for a Yeung Ling and was wondering if Tom still works there? He was always so nice and always remembered my drink of choice even if we’d not seen him for a year!

Tom is an "On the Rocks" Star

Apologies for my ignorance but I have went back several pages and also checked the OP but what does it mean to be on the 'be our guest' list?

TIA

Hi! :welcome:

Other have responded before I had a chance- Once meticulously maintained, it is a place where we record guests upcoming vacation info for BC/YC/BCV.

Page 1, Post 15.

:)

Dee, we changed the dates for our 50th Anniversary trip in April... It's now Apr 7 - 14 at Beach Club. So when you get a chance, could you change thisnon the BOG list? Thanks!!

Got it!

:love:

Page 2125

everyone, we were lucky enough to be checking out the 35% off room only special and found a Beach Club Villa deluxe studio available in September, we weren't really planning a trip but just had to book at this price!

We will be there from 9/9 - 9/14! Please add us to the BOG list.

Yacht Club was the first resort we stayed at as a family many years ago, we've been there twice and once at the Beach Club, our most recent stays have been at the Swan & Dolphin.

This trip will be just myself and DH, probably the last adults only trip as our grandbabies are almost old enough to travel with us!

Awesome! I'll add you to the list.

Folks - my family was initially going to stay at AKL this summer (August) for a week. Well...my DW and I talked it over and we were able to squeeze a little more of our budget to change to YC. Our last visit to WDW was BC in 2021 (Covid-19 rules were still a thing - although lessening) and there wasn't a lot of pin trading going on.

Long story, short. Is there a pin trading board / shadow box or pin trading activity at YC/BC or BWI. I have searched for some activity sheets for YC/BC and I cannot find anything but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Any advice for my pin loving DW and DD would be monumentally appreciated.

Fantastic! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:woohoo:

VoVo’s Gang 1/26-2/3/2024

Got it! Hope you are having a great time.

Last edited:
Pae 2126

We just got back from our first ever stay at Beach Club and had an AMAZING room. We booked water view initially, but about a week before I switched to resort view. We got room 2565 - corner room, king bed, HUGE balcony. It was amazing!!

View attachment 827421View attachment 827422View attachment 827423View attachment 827424

We loved the proximity to Epcot - there was a staircase with an exterior door right next to our room and from there to International Gateway it was a 3 min walk.

Wow!!! Incredible room. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I just switched my February trip from BWI to YC. $125 price savings so it was a no brainer despite the new rooms at BWI. I’ve stayed at YC several years ago and loved it.

Awesome! I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15

:woohoo:

We had to reschedule our trip. We were supposed to check into YC 1/17 but we somehow ended up with covid. Luckily, we found out on Sunday & had time to reschedule. We are now set for YC on 5/8-5/12 in a water view room!
Hope you are feeling better now!

I'll update the list.

8-)

Page 2127-2128

Please add me to BOG May 4th to 12th. We were booked at the Grand and I got an email about construction in the lobby so we moved to the yacht club I couldn't even get a discount (ap holder/bounce back) but being at the grand and walking into construction in the lobby seemed like such a buzz kill to me. We always love yacht and beach club so we will be back

Got it!

Hi there! Please add us to the BOG list! We are staying at BC from July 11-18th. Can't wait to enjoy Stormalong Bay!

Will do!

Hi everyone! It has been a while since we have stayed at BC/YC. Will you please add us to the BOG List? We will be staying at BC Aug 9-12th.

Thanks!:flower1:

Got it!

Please add me to the BOG list. I have a split stay starting at Poly (7/25-7/28) then move over to YC from 7/28 - 8/2. I have another stay at YC from 8/28 - 9/2 to go with my CM daughter to MNSSHP. My favorite resort is YC and I am so happy to be able to go again this year.

Super! I'll add your trips to the list.

:cool1:

Just booked a bounceback at Beach Club for a quick visit during F&GF. Our first time back at BC in a number of years. We booked a resort view, hoping for the best with the new categorizations!
I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15

:flower1:

Double checking- is your checkout day 9/13 ^^^

Club Level at both resorts? Nice!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

Hi. Please add me to the BOG list. I will be staying at the BC 5/5 - 5/10. I have never been to Disney in May. Hoping for good weather and possibly lower crowds!

Got it!

It’s been a while since I’ve visited this thread. I have fond memories of participating in the ‘Noodle Swap’ ( if anyone remembers) anyhoos we are staying at CBR at the end of this month but will be visiting Hurricane Hannah’s for a Yeung Ling and was wondering if Tom still works there? He was always so nice and always remembered my drink of choice even if we’d not seen him for a year!

OMG! The Noodle Swap!

If anyone wants to read about some of the past Hijinks and Shenanigans at the Yacht & Beach, check out this post on Page 1:

Post 18: Hysterical Historical Page: Voluptuous Noodle Swap, Fantasy Closet, Buzzy's Spot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter