Disposable Underwater Camera POLL

Best Disposable Underwater Camera

• Kodak Max Waterproof Camera

• Kodak Max Sport Underwater Camera (800 ASA)

• Fugi Quicksnap Waterproof Camera (800 ASA)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Princess Tink

DVC Member
As I see many people are curious, as am I. Instead of trying to scan through the 10 million different threads on this issue, I though it might be beneficial to post a poll. In your opinion, which underwater disposable camera have you had the best results with?

I am going to try the Kodak as I have used the Fuji disposables on two separate occasions and not been happy with the results. I know others have loved them though :)
So can't vote as I didn't like the Fuji and haven't tried the Kodak yet.
Cheers,
Grumbo

Forget the underwater cameras for taking pictures of the fish and other critters while snorkeling unless you have a flash. We've taken several cameras full of underwater pictures. We're giving up on them except for taking pictures while we are on the beach and don't want to have our "real" camera with us. Others have had better results than we have had.

Target has an underwater camera by Vivitar that is reusable that people on this board rave about. I haven't used it yet, but plan on it for our cruise in November. It is $19.99 and uses standard 35 mm film.

To me, it isn't so much about the brand as it is about the film speed. I've used both brands, and there isn't a lot of difference between them. However, you really need to look at the film speed for outdoor pictures that include motion(such as fish swimming) the higher the ISO number the better. 400 you will definitely need a flash or it will be blurry, at best. 800 or better in reasonable daylight you won't.

Here's some examples, all from a Kodak 800, no flash underwater camera:
First a good pic on the Adult Beach snorkeling, good clear sky for this one, which is real important!
shot1.jpg

Second, here's the effect of a cloud blocking some sunlight.
shot2.jpg

And, last another good shot from the snorkel trail:
l
shot3.jpg

I'm going to try one of those Target cameras next time with 1000 speed film and see what I get :)

Great shot Mark. Sadly, we have a bunch of the second type taken with both disposable brands (but both are fine for above water shots at the beach). You might want to run a test with the 1000 speed. It is much more grainy. I agree with all the posters that the major problem is light. Good sun, shallow water, flash= good pictures. A dark day, no flash, lower ASA= a whole lotta blue crud, see the fish? there, there! that slightly greenish blob in all the blue. Go for the non-disposables. For really good, non-grainy pictures dive shops sell very expensive cameras with extra flash attachments.

Carla

a digital underwater camera on E-bay for $29

I also just bought a case of (10) underwater 35mm for $50 on e-bay as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter