Distance between standard and lake view BLT studio

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
DS has a standard studio booked for beginning of May. We (DH and I) plan to book where ever. Moving if a couple of times if need be. We have to wait for the 7 month window, but right now a Lake view is open. Aside from seeing water, where are they located? Are they on different floors?

Last trip, several times the boys were brought to our room (4 doors away) while the parents finished getting ready.

Could it be possible we could be three floors and a different wing away? Or course, even that would be easier than being a different resort. We are are also taking being able to swim with the boys in the factor.

You could be on a different floor, or down the hallway or right across the hall. The good thing is that the building is not really that big so wherever you are, that shouldn't be that far away. For reference, I believe there are only 2 elevator banks.

Standard view are generally on the lower floors. I would guess that you would be on different floors. With the resort being all one building and not that large overall it will not be an issue to go from room to room. All you have to do it get in the elevator and you are there.

We have traveled with DS's family a few times. Once we were right across the hall, the other times 3 -6 doors away. But we were always same category.

If you're reserving for cash through the regular WDW resort reservation system, you can call them, give them the confirmation numbers for both reservations, and ask them to put a "traveling with" notation on both. If booking through DVC, call MS and give them the same information. If renting DVC, the owner would need to call MS.

In any case, putting the "traveling with" notation on both reservations lets the room assigner know to put you as close together as possible.

Post this on the DVC boards for better results...
As I recall the first 4 floors are standard view 5 and up is either lake or MK view. The rooms within the halls are across from each other while the building is not large for Disney it is possible for you to be on one side on floor 16 and them to be on the opposite side on floor 2.... what you can do in the future is transfer your points to them then they can make the reservation for you please see the DVC rules for a transfer as it is one per year in or out.... Try booking what is there and waitlist the standard... but is unlikely it will happen... While I do not like BLT myself it has become increasing popular lately due to the rising number of DVC owners and BLT being by far the lowest points per room for the MK resorts so make sure you book at the 7 month mark and waitlist any days that might not be open..... I am also hoping your days do not include July 3 or 4 as for those days you will likely get nothing being Top of the World is only for DVC guests staying at BLT for those days.....

Post this on the DVC boards for better results...
As I recall the first 4 floors are standard view 5 and up is either lake or MK view. The rooms within the halls are across from each other while the building is not large for Disney it is possible for you to be on one side on floor 16 and them to be on the opposite side on floor 2.... what you can do in the future is transfer your points to them then they can make the reservation for you please see the DVC rules for a transfer as it is one per year in or out.... Try booking what is there and waitlist the standard... but is unlikely it will happen... While I do not like BLT myself it has become increasing popular lately due to the rising number of DVC owners and BLT being by far the lowest points per room for the MK resorts so make sure you book at the 7 month mark and waitlist any days that might not be open..... I am also hoping your days do not include July 3 or 4 as for those days you will likely get nothing being Top of the World is only for DVC guests staying at BLT for those days.....

All the points are from our account. They don't have one.

For us big draw of BLT is walking to MK with a double stroller or using monorail for Epcot. As a resort, I'd pick AKL kidani, but then you are dealing with a double stroller on buses for everything.

You can also have a "traveling with" note added. It usually gets you close together.

I guess first, it's try to get the room. Next add "traveling with" and hope for the best.

Just a side note......once, before grandkids so no big deal, we were one floor above our son. We joked we could send notes and supplies up and down by a rope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter