• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DL/DCA best discounts? Help!

Lynn-Marie

Praying for peace
We are trying to determine what would be our best route in buying our tickets for DL/DCA for New Years. We would either get the Premium Annual Passes or a 5 day park hopper pass. What I don't know is whether the discounts we'd get at the restaurants, thanks to the Annual Pass, would merit spending the extra $92 per person (over the park hoppers).

We also have American Express and DVC -- and I know both get some discounts (but not all that the premium annual passholders get, right?)

We're considering getting the Disney Club if it gives us the discounts we'd get as PAP holders.

As for the obvious question -- would we go another time in the next 12 months to warrant purchasing a PAP? Well, that would be perfect justification to go back again, don't you agree?

Thanks for any help! I'm hoping some of you have waded through these questons and can give me your well considered thoughts.

Thanks!

at only $92 more, I would get the AP's, I have no idea what discounts you would get meal wise ( post on the DL board and get some good answers) but the discount on lodging.....plus returning for only 3 more days would get your $ worth :) .

The hopper passes are good if you are going to Universal or not sure if you will be returning in the next year. If you dont use all the days they are good for future visits.

Annual Passes usually run around $280-$300 not $92. As a passholder I can tell you there really arent discounts at the restaurants with the AP. You may get a free dessert at selected sit down locations. You can get 10% off at selected non Disney restaurants such as Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe. The best discounts for APs come at the Disney Resorts you can get great deals with it there. If you are a Fla resident the better deal is the Disney Dining Experience card. With this card you get 20% off at most of the sit down restaurants. You might want to check out www.disneyzone.actusa.net. They give the benefits of both types of passes. Or www.disneyworld.com

Grumpy92 you may have misunderstood. Lynn-Marie is going to Disneyland in California, and the Calif. tickets are different from WDW. For one thing, the hoppers DO have an expiration date (usually 14 days after first use, but sometimes up to a year) and the AP's do not necessarily have the greatest discounts on area restaurants, or lodging.

The list of discounts that I have for the PAP (no black out dates):
In Disneyland
10% dining at French Market, Plaza Inn, Rancho del Zocalo and Redd Rockets Pizza Port.
15% dining discount at Blue Bayou and Carnation Cafe

In DCA
10% dining at Bountiful Valley Farmers market, Cocina Cucamonga, The Lucky Fortune Cookie and Pacific Wharf Cafe

Disneyland Hotel:
10% Goofy's Kitchen, Granvilles Steak House and HOok's Pointe
10% savings on accomodaitons with advance reservations

Paradise Pier Hotel:
10% dining at Disney's PCH Grill, Practically Perfect Tea, and Yamabuki
10% savings on accomodations with advance ressies.

Also, 10% discount on merchandise at select shops at Disneyland Resort (Hotels and Parks) and Disney Magazine.

(please note: dining and merchandise discount only on purchases of $10 or more, not applicable on purchases of alcoholic beverages or Disney dollars)
The Deluxe AP ( no black out dates in Jan., but blacked out Dec 25-31)
In Disneyland
10% dining at French Market, Plaza Inn, Rancho del Zocalo and Redd Rockets Pizza Port.
In DCA
10% dining at Bountiful Valley Farmers market, Cocina Cucamonga, The Lucky Fortune Cookie
No discounts that I can tell at Hotel Restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter