DL - Fully operational??

eeyore25

DIS Veteran
HI All,

I apologize if this has been asked before. Does anyone know what kind of shape DL will be in Aug 28 - Sept 5? I know that right now they are doing a lot of construction to get ready for the 50th, but does anyone know if they are planning to have everything open? My DH is concered that things are going to be down for some reason or another.

Any help/information that anyone can provide is wonderful!

Thanks!

Being labor day weekend, everything will be up and running. There may be a couple of minor rehabs at the end but, I think Disney will keep everything up. I wouldn't worry.

eeyore25 said:
HI All,

I apologize if this has been asked before. Does anyone know what kind of shape DL will be in Aug 28 - Sept 5? I know that right now they are doing a lot of construction to get ready for the 50th, but does anyone know if they are planning to have everything open? My DH is concered that things are going to be down for some reason or another.

Any help/information that anyone can provide is wonderful!

Thanks!

that's right around Labor Day so I'd imagine that the park will be very busy.
The weather is so nice in California that time of year-

The only ride that probably won't be open is Space Mountain but......
you never know if they will have a 'soft' grand re-opening sooner than what's been published-

The only ride closures I've heard of towards the end of the year are for Haunted Mansion and Small World, to install the holiday overlays.

I doubt that anything will be closed when you are there. Even during regular years, the closures usually come after Labor Day weekend (first weekend in Sept).

I bet itll all be good to go baring any big issue that might happen and Space is still iffy

Haunted wont go down till mid Sept and Small World till mid Oct for their overlays

-em

Here's hoping that Space Mountian will be open by August 31!!! :genie:

I do not think there will be any planned refurbishment from May 5 2005 until the end of the 50th celebration. Of course things can always go down unexpectedly.

Thanks to everyone that replied. I think that we are going to go ahead and go. I just hope that Space is open. That is my DH most favorite ride :)

Thanks again!

jh

We are going the week before you and I'm hoping Space Mountain is open too! That's mine and dh's favorite ride too! If not, we will have some new rides to try out because the last time we went we were there about 4 months before they opened DCA, so that will all be new to us.

De Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter