DL ticket ? and where to stay cheap and close?

DizneyDogs

DIS Veteran
Ok a few questions here.

Going to DL and DCA for 5 days. Would the annual pass that is $199 be my best option as it looks like otherwise I would have to buy a 4 day pass for $137 and then a one day pass for $43? Do you get a MKC discount on tickets?

Next question where is the best cheapest place to stay that is close and/or provides transporation between the motel and park?

Last question for now - are there any motels that offer transporation between them and the airport? and/or what is the best shuttle, towncar etc. service to use?

Any other tips or tidbits would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Crista

Actually, there is a 5-day Flex pass available for $179 that (for some reason) is not listed on the Disneyland site. I was told that if you call, they tell you about the Flex pass. Since you will be there for 5 days, then the 5-day Flex pass is your best bet. You will be able to take advantage of early entry every day. Annual passholders cannot do early entry.

We will be there for 10 days in March and I will probably purchase the Deluxe Annual Pass (DPA) for $199. At first, I thought I would buy the 5-day Flex pass, but I'm afraid that we may want to visit the parks for a couple of extra days while there, so we will do that Annual Pass.

One other thing, with the Flex pass, it is NOT a parkhopper. In other words, you cannot visit both parks in the same day using that ticket - only one park per day. With the DAP, you would be able to visit DCA in the morning and then DL in the afternoon/evening.

As for hotels, there are lots in the area in all different price ranges. Most of them are within walking distance or have shuttles to the park. Your best bet would be to purchase The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. It has *loads* of info on the parks, attractions and hotels.

BTW, we are staying at the Candy Cane Inn which has gotten nice reviews from people on the boards. You can also checkout the Disneyland Trip Reports board and read what others have said about the hotels that they stay in.

Sheila
sheila.bennett@home.com
Wilderness Lodge; Dec 1999
Disneyland March 2001!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter