DL vet needs WDW advice

DorkyDisneyMom

I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
The DL board is where I go for planning. I swear I read here almost every day. So I know we have people that have been to WDW too.

So the back story is this: I am going with a bunch of girlfriends, I think there will be 10 of us, to WDW. I have never been.

To say that I am a little overwhelmed is an understatement. It's a lot of parks and restaurants and shuttles and hotels. You catch my drift.

So we are staying at POP. I am only staying for 4 days. Thurs, Nov. 4-Sun, Nov. 7th. It will be during Food and Wine.

My question is, what should I NOT miss?

I realize the time I will be there is short so I am preparing for that. I know I can't see everything, not even close. I am going with some great friends so WDW is just a bonus. I just want to make sure I am not missing something totally amazing.

TYI!

you can not miss EPCOT!!
the magic kingdom is a way more spread out version of disneyland but the rides are not as fun, ie. POTC sucks in WDW there is no dips, Space mountain sucks, different music and it is just not the same, basically i would go to see the castle and there haunted mansion,do a quick walk around and head to a different park. Animal Kingdom is kinda the same way, you gotta go on Everest, and the Safari, everything else there is just Okay. Hollywood Studios is fun, the Aerosmith ride is awesome, and the tour is pretty fun, i would say again do this park and another park in the same day.
EPCOT is awesome, it is worth spending more than one day at. all the rides are awesome the different countries are awesome and the dinning is awesome. i would also recommend trying to eat at the sci fi diner in hollywood studios it is just a kick. Also dinner at Ohanas in the polynesian resort is worth trying to get into.

Of course you will be in Epcot for F&W which will cover meals for a day and seeing a lot of Epcot.

Reallr focus on Epcot and Animal Kingdom as they are most UNlike DLR.

MK if you wanted you could skip, but you might want ride the people mover and watch Mickey's Philharmonic. The HM has a couple parts that are new and not in DL also.

DHS is a bit like DCA, but rock 'n' Roller coaster is great. It also has few shows that DLR does not. I like the Voyage of the little Mermaid in particular.

I try find some really good dinner. Like In Carlos's pictures above I really like Biergarten part of that being the german food the other being that liter of beer.

Also Boma in AKL is great.

My question is, what should I NOT miss?
Hmmm... A few things...

• Splash Mountain
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Tomorrowland Transportation Authority (think "Peoplemover")
  • Train around the MK (just on general principles)
  • Tiki Room Under New Management (so you'll appreciate the DL version)
  • Boat from MK to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness (lunch at Trail's End Buffet)
  • Monorail, both loops
  • Lunch at Sci Fi Drive In
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Mission Space (gentle version)
  • Test Track
  • American Adventure
  • Lunch, Dinner, and/or Snack at French Pavilion
  • Dinner at Biergarten
  • Animal Kingdom Kilimanjaro Safari
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge (view the savanna, eat at Boma)
That's what comes to mind...

My short list

MK - peoplemover, Philharmagic, carousel of progress, BTMRR

Epcot - Spaceship earth, American adventure, Voices of liberty, living with the land, Illuminations,

Studios - Great movie ride, ToT

AK - EE, Safari, Jungle trek, P forest trail

But honestly I would devote enough time to do everything in Epcot once, and maybe illiminations twice!

I was thinking Epcot and AK with some HS too.

I was checking everything out and it struck me funny that all the stuff I am used to wasn't all in the same park. It was funny that Start Tours wasn't in Tomorrowland. It's going to take a little getting used to.

I think I will be skipping Tiki Room. I really loved DL's version. I saw it for the first time on my last visit. I would hate to ruin it with Iago.

Thanks for all your help. I just needed to get the DL perspective about what is different and what I shouldn't miss.

Wishes is showing. Should I fight the crowd for that? I can do Illuminations too.

Wishes is showing. Should I fight the crowd for that? I can do Illuminations too.

Wishes is not an equvilent of RDCT. Only if you want to see firework, granted that's part of a Disney trip, should you take the time.

Oh one other things. FP is on almost twice the attraction in WDW than DLR so make use of them.

MK- You won't find in DL: Carosel Progress and People Mover in TomorrowLand, Philharmagic in FantasyLand, Country Bear Jam in FrontierLand and Hall of President in Liberty Square. If you like parades the Dream Come True afternoon parade. Hint to get through parade on Main Street go through giftshops. They are all connected and flow into each other until you cross the street. Main Street Electrical Parade is now the evening parade.

EPCOT-Club Cool is where you can get free samples of Coke softdrinks from around the world. Watch out for Beverly. American Adventure show and pre-show of Liberty singers in US. Each country has their own form of entertainment. Mexico is Marachi Band, Norway has a Band, China has an acrobat troop, Germany has Octoberfest in the Banquet hall, Italy use to have a mime troop, Japan has the drummers and Myuki (a lady who makes candy figures while you watch), Morocco has the belly dancers, France has a mime, UK has British Envasion (Beatle group) and Canada has Off Kilter. Future World has Living with Land and Soarin in the same building area. This is an area after you get off of Journey Into Your Imagination where they have a green screen. You pick out your background and are photographed on green screen. Then the photo is superimposed into the background. Illuminations is a MUST SEE. Watch how the wind is blowing or you could end up with a face full of smoke for fireworks that are shot off from the lake.

Studios- Great Movie ride is my favorite. Of course there is also Tower Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster. The Indy Jones is a show and Studio Backlot Tours ride both take people out of the audience for participation. Fantasmic is the must see. It is stadium seating (no extra cost) with not a bad seat in the house. You could get wet in the first 15 or so rows depending how/if the wind is blowing.

AK-Do not miss Lion King or Nemo shows. Tough to be a Bug is cool because the theather is actually in the Tree of Life so you will get to see some of the animal carvings upclose. Kilamanjaro Safari is never the same ride twice because the animals roam free. Flights of Wonder is a bird show. Maharajah and Pangani Forest are walking tours to see different animals. Jammin Jungle Parade is the afternoon parade. The three top rides are Kali River Rapids (YOU WILL GET SOAKED and there are buttons on the bridge that allow people to squirt water from the elephant trunks), Expedition Everst and Dinosaur.

Outside of Park on Arrival or Departure Day: Most resorts have a character meals, a show or buffet. AK Lodge also has animals, Boma, and storytelling around a fire at night. Downtown Disney has of course the stores but also alot of Lego creations (there is even one in the lake) and a balloon ride weather permitting. Hoop De Do is a hoot at Wilderness Lodge. Then there is the Boardwalk area that you can walk to from Epcot. Maybe to end your girls getaway, you might want to consider going to the Grand Floridian for afternoon tea reminisce about your trip. FYI Keys to the Kingdom tour is really interesting. You get to ride a couple of rides, go backstage and into the utilidors (Main Street is actually the second story of the MK).

You may have a time getting table service reservations this late. They are booked 180 days out. Castle Breakfast are typically sold out in 3 minutes each day. I will be happy to answer any questions. Planning is half the fun.

We made ADR's for Crystal Palace and 50's Prime Time.

Thanks for all the help.

This gives me a jumping off point.

We made ADR's for Crystal Palace and 50's Prime Time.

Thanks for all the help.

This gives me a jumping off point.

You know what is really cool. If you feel like getting up make a early ADR for Crystal Palace before the park opens. You can see it almost empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter