DLP first week of January 2024?

Minnie1222

DIS Veteran
We're going to be in London the first week of January. I really want to cut that trip short and go to Disneyland. Is this a good week to be at the park? What is a typical crowd level at this time? Any major closures?

Thanks

The day after the official Christmas celebrations end in January is when a lot of attractions can start to close for refurbishment (based on past years) We've gone at this time and it wasnt't too crowded but it can be cold, depending on what you are used to.

I just looked at DLP website and it looks like the Christmas celebration ends on January 7th. This trip may work after all. 😃

I'm still struggling with the DLP site, but it looks like the closest hotel to the parks would be Marvel? What about the Disneyland hotel that's currently under renovation?

What is the difference between a double bed and a large double bed? Are they equivalent to our full and queen beds? We need a room for 2 adults and 1 adult-sized child.

Thanks.

I'm still struggling with the DLP site, but it looks like the closest hotel to the parks would be Marvel? What about the Disneyland hotel that's currently under renovation?

What is the difference between a double bed and a large double bed? Are they equivalent to our full and queen beds? We need a room for 2 adults and 1 adult-sized child.

Thanks.
The difference between Marvel and Sequoia is maybe a 2 minute walk and Santa Fe/Cheyenne is 5 minutes. Unless you have mobility issues, proximity to the park is not really a criterium to pick a hotel.

If you are an average size person, I think you should be able to fit two adults in a double bed. Not 100% sure, but I thought large referred to lengte, not width, but I could be wrong in this.

And yes, it will be busy in the 1st week of January as schools in Europe return the 2nd week.

We do not know yet the reopening date of the Disneyland Hotel. We will know 12 September when reservation open. But the announcement till now is 1st quarter of 2024. I do not expect it to open 1st week of January.

Last edited:

Thanks.

The Disneyland Hotel is right by the entrance, but very much doubt it will be open by then. Its scheduled to open 1st quarter of 2024.

I find the double to be fine with 2 people in it

The standard double is close to the size of an American Queen size bed (somewhere between UK Double and King); the large double is equivalent to an American King size (UK Super King). It's considerably wider and maybe a touch longer.

Typically January is quieter, but bear in mind school holidays could still be going during the first week so it could be crowded. I was checking school holidays to plan out our 2024 trips - French, Spanish and Scottish schools are off until 8th Jan, I think some of the English schools might be the same. That being said, if you're prepared for potential crowds, don't let that put you off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter